Home at last! "Starving and mistreated" British pensioner back in England "eating nonstop"

webfact

48 minutes ago, AllanB said:

A few years back I helped a guy in a similar situation, although not so serious and he did make it back to the UK too. On the other hand, I personally know two guys who were "topped" when they tried to leave with their money.

I am not quite 86, but you need to find a woman to trust before you get old, or get the flock outter here.

"It's the same the whole world over, it's the poor what get's the blame, it's the rich what gets the pleasure, ain't it all a bleeding shame." W.Shakespear 1916

Only 2.

"Daughter Marion Phillips said: "Dad is home in Brighton and staying with me. " ... and "... eating non stop" !

How did this happen ? No quarantine, no isolation ? and how come he got a flight so quickly ? ... not saying that he was infected, but wow, no wonder the UK along with the USA has so many cases.

Meanwhile, I hope all goes well for the poor chap and I hope that others learn a lesson, He's got some guts to getup and travel to Thailand at his age !

Edited by British Bulldog
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

The elderly of about 80+ are particularly vulnerable everywhere. They're prime targets for various phone and email scams in the States; I imagine in Britain and Europe too.

Sad, but utterly predictable story. What is it that makes old white farts from Europe, US etc, actually imagine that there is something inherently special about them, so that poor women from around the world want to look after them in their idiotic dotage. Yeah money is a thing for sure, if you understand that what you are getting is paid for personal home care, forget romance, no one is interested any more. Sadly you are on the scrapheap of life. Why not just stay in Slough, or Stoke or wherever, and get decent care. Dreams are great, but such fantasies are deluded.

19 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Nice to read someone that writes sense ,rather than the sadoes that got conned and think all Thai women just want a walking ATM. just because a small vocal minority get scammed it does not mean that the vast majority of us do as well ,glad the old boy got back home ,but to be honest ,to come here at 79 on your own to live is not the best thing to do .

100 % true in every single word. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Looks like you know nothing of thailand.He was correct in what he said.We are atm,s to them.and the days of respect have long gone.I think i know more than you about thailand,and i mean all of thailand.Been going there for over 30 years and lived there for 15 years.Not been for over 4 years now.and no intention of going back.I am not bitter about thailand.had many happy years there.But it is now a place to avoid.

Wow! You are so wrong. The only thing you are basing your post on is your opinion and after listening to the small percentage that falls in the pits, just because of poor knowledge and that they let the booze run their minds as well as letting their guards down completely. Who knows, maybe you are one of them. For your information. Put my foot in Thailand for the first time 1989, and travelled a couple of times per year, with stays between 2 weeks up to 3 months for 8 years. 1997 I decided that Thailand should become my new home, and that´s what it has been for around 23 years now. The post you just quoted, was based upon knowledge collected and gathered during that time span.

I think we just leave it with that. Everything else would take too long time to explain to you. As you were totally wrong in your ingress containing your 3 first sentences, it´s not much of a challenge.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, British Bulldog said:

"Daughter Marion Phillips said: "Dad is home in Brighton and staying with me. " ... and "... eating non stop" !

How did this happen ? No quarantine, no isolation ? and how come he got a flight so quickly ? ... not saying that he was infected, but wow, no wonder the UK along with the USA has so many cases.

Meanwhile, I hope all goes well for the poor chap and I hope that others learn a lesson, He's got some guts to getup and travel to Thailand at his age !

I thought there was a quarantine in the UK for overseas arrivals. Incoming travelers outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands, and Isle of Man must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival at their designated address, OR the UK will house you at your expense at one of the designated places (must be hotels).

9 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

I thought there was a quarantine in the UK for overseas arrivals. Incoming travelers outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands, and Isle of Man must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival at their designated address, OR the UK will house you at your expense at one of the designated places (must be hotels).

Maybe he is doing his quarantine in Brighton with his daughter... eating her out of house and home.

It's only 14 days, she's probably counting them one by one.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Nice to read someone that writes sense ,rather than the sadoes that got conned and think all Thai women just want a walking ATM. just because a small vocal minority get scammed it does not mean that the vast majority of us do as well ,glad the old boy got back home ,but to be honest ,to come here at 79 on your own to live is not the best thing to do .

The old chap in this story wasn't vocal about his getting conned but luckily others who had his interests at heart were.

1 hour ago, British Bulldog said:

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

When folks talk of 'human atms' what comes to my mind is just how uneducated, life inexperienced and  socially naive many people really are. Obviously there are lot who end up here that should have never left their mothers side..

Same as everywhere. In Us we call them gold diggers. 

• Like 2

The old get conned everywhere lets not forget that.

Now it's not explicit in the story, but it's probably likely that he was an old horn dog, got hooked up with a hooker, and again not wanting to generalize, but they do tend to see older farangs as an ATM.

After all thats the business they are in.

Thats in no way a reflection on the entire Thai female population, God knows I'm married to one with all her crazy middle aged faults, but there is a section of Thai society that will exploit an older guy.