Inter-provincial travel restrictions

I heard some provinces are more nervous than others.  If you are going to visit elderly relatives of a Thai

partner you or they (or both you and they) may have a problem and be told to stay put and quarantine for 14 days and/or face a fine.

• Like 1

My wife was told that she should confine herself to the house while visiting Chaiyaphum province. But once she got there no issues at all. No stops on the road either way. Appears to be relaxing alot. No nervous villagers. Some wearing masks. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Postmaster said:

I heard some provinces are more nervous than others.  If you are going to visit elderly relatives of a Thai

partner you or they (or both you and they) may have a problem and be told to stay put and quarantine for 14 days and/or face a fine.

Chumphon has 2 week quarantine if you come here. 

My son is in university in Hua Hin and the semester finishes June 6 would I be ok to drive there from Pattaya to pick him up and then drive back the same day. There is no public transport running Hua Hin to pattaya.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:18 PM, andygrr said:

My son is in university in Hua Hin and the semester finishes June 6 would I be ok to drive there from Pattaya to pick him up and then drive back the same day. There is no public transport running Hua Hin to pattaya.

No problem :thumbsup:

As of today are there any additional corona-virus formalities to go through (quarantine, reporting T8 etc) if driving ourselves from Bangkok wife's parents home down south (foreigner and kids in tow) or is travel reporting back to normal immigration regulations for foreigners, ie do a TM30 if you cannot get away with not doing so?

Plan to stay a couple of weeks and back to Bangkok before end of June. If its too much hassle we wont bother.

Thanks

Does Bangkok have any quarantine rules for intra-province travelers? If I fly from Phuket to Bangkok do I need to quarantine 14 days at home or hotel in BKK?

It's impossible to find any official information from anywhere. Checked some TAT sites and FB pages, BKK province site + FB and no info.

Thanks!

Nokchai Air bus service has now continued to Buriram and Udon Ratchathani from Pattaya. Am I naive to assume that there will be no quarantine upon arrival? I have been to many websites and done a tremendous amount of searching and cannot find an answer to whether they are now allowing visitors without quarantine or not. does anyone have any solid information?

My friend from Pattaya travelled to Chaiyaphum last Saturday with Nokchai Air bus service to spend a week with me. Had to fill out a questionare giving contact details, passport number, where he was staying and for how long. Lady at bus station contacted my GF to confirm. Other than that no problem. ????

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lloydyboy said:

My friend from Pattaya travelled to Chaiyaphum last Saturday with Nokchai Air bus service to spend a week with me. Had to fill out a questionare giving contact details, passport number, where he was staying and for how long. Lady at bus station contacted my GF to confirm. Other than that no problem. 

Thanks. Was your friend a foreigner? I heard buses only letting Thais?

Cannot believe how quiet this thread is, I suppose no one is traveling much yet?

I was hoping to drive from Bangkok to Surat and Nakhon down south Thailand to see my kids grandparents before school restarts in Bangkok in July. Not sure if we can go trouble free or not?

2 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Thanks. Was your friend a foreigner? I heard buses only letting Thais?

Cannot believe how quiet this thread is, I suppose no one is traveling much yet?

I was hoping to drive from Bangkok to Surat and Nakhon down south Thailand to see my kids grandparents before school restarts in Bangkok in July. Not sure if we can go trouble free or not?

The bus only letting Thais travel was on a government third class ticket. I'd rather stay home than travel that way.

Other buses are OK.

• Like 1

Some of you might want to follow Richard Barrow on Twitter.  He stayed in Hua Hin over the weekend and did a stop in Cha-Am. He drove from the Bangkok area, Samut Prakan.

Richard will be visiting Samui next month and will tweet while he is there.

Hi everyone, ???? There seems to be rumors going around that foreigners are not allowed on the government buses yet.

Does anyone have an official link for this news?

Or have heard similar news? 

We are looking to visit Pattaya from Bangkok… & it seems it’s only the Ekkamai buses going… 

As well, anyone knows if the minivans are running from MoChit2 terminals? …& if foreigners can use them? As well as their hours of operation? 

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

So no country wide map showing restrictions, reporting requirements cross provinces if any as of now?

OK, I'll answer myself as I cannot seem to get any answer yet on TV. There appears to be a Thai web site at http://covidnotice.moi.go.th/page/index.php where if you click on any province you get the Thai regulations signed by the local governor about Covid19. All as clear as mud.

I guess we won't be doing any traveling inside Thailand until next school holidays in October.

Same here. I want to travel by bike from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai, stay 2-3 days in hotel, and come back.

But definetely NOT without garantee there is no prison quarantine there and here.

Does not look there is anymore, and would not make sense (well, like all this world panic mess), but how to be sure ? Will ask police if no sure answer on this forum, since they make the controls i think if there are...

Is there no official info ? In english...

I was following last weekend tweets from Barrow where he gets on a train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Even at Hualampong they cannot tell him if quarantine is needed at his destination so he goes anyway and there is no quarantine, just papers to fill in and temp checks. Oddly he was also able to go without even booking a hotel so I don't know how that works as he has to fill in a T8 form before getting on train, which needs a destination address.

Too many unknowns for me to risk a drive of 850km that I wanted to do still.

We went by train to Ayuthaya from Bang Sue last week-end. A bit of a hassle to get tickets at Bang Sue: everybody had to show 1) Thai ID card/passport, 2) Scan QR code, 3) Fill in a lengthy health/address form, 4) check temperature. On arrival the health form was collected and temp. measured again. Going the other way was much easier, no ID, no form, nobody bothered with the QR and only a temperature check was performed which entitled you to a small sticker on your clothes.

Now is a great time to visit Ayuthaya, VERY quiet. However, the effect on the local economy is clearly visible: by a guess about 80% of shops and restaurants were closed. Entrance to the (paid) historical sites after either filling in your phone number on a sheet/or scan QR and temp.check.

• Like 1