BANGKOK
Andy from Kent

Inter-provincial travel restrictions

Posted (edited)

Can someone provide the latest links to inter-provincial travel restrictions as of 25/5/2020   May 25.?

Edited by Andy from Kent

I did not see any restriction traveling twice from Sa Kaeo province to Bangkok and back in as many weeks. I think you should be ok but do bring your passport just in case.

• Like 2

I heard some provinces are more nervous than others.  If you are going to visit elderly relatives of a Thai

partner you or they (or both you and they) may have a problem and be told to stay put and quarantine for 14 days and/or face a fine.

• Like 1

My wife was told that she should confine herself to the house while visiting Chaiyaphum province. But once she got there no issues at all. No stops on the road either way. Appears to be relaxing alot. No nervous villagers. Some wearing masks. 

• Like 2

According to information of my Hotel Koh Chang is still closed for nonresidents.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Postmaster said:

I heard some provinces are more nervous than others.  If you are going to visit elderly relatives of a Thai

partner you or they (or both you and they) may have a problem and be told to stay put and quarantine for 14 days and/or face a fine.

Chumphon has 2 week quarantine if you come here. 

My son is in university in Hua Hin and the semester finishes June 6 would I be ok to drive there from Pattaya to pick him up and then drive back the same day. There is no public transport running Hua Hin to pattaya.

Are there any restriction when flying to Bangkok for 3 days, then returning to Chiangmai ?

On 5/30/2020 at 12:18 PM, andygrr said:

My son is in university in Hua Hin and the semester finishes June 6 would I be ok to drive there from Pattaya to pick him up and then drive back the same day. There is no public transport running Hua Hin to pattaya.

No problem :thumbsup:

As of today are there any additional corona-virus formalities to go through (quarantine, reporting T8 etc) if driving ourselves from Bangkok wife's parents home down south (foreigner and kids in tow) or is travel reporting back to normal immigration regulations for foreigners, ie do a TM30 if you cannot get away with not doing so?

Plan to stay a couple of weeks and back to Bangkok before end of June. If its too much hassle we wont bother.

Thanks

7 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

This thread has died a death? No one doing inter province travel yet?

Correct.   On my  May 25 I requested links for rules governing travel restrictions.   I was not asking about road checks