BANGKOK

I plan to return to the Uk for three months next year , if i inform UK Gov Pensions will my pension

rise to current level while i am back in the Uk .

• Confused 1

yes

And does it drop down to the previous level on his return to Thailand?

• Sad 1

Moved to this forum.

There is also a pinned topic with info in it.

1 hour ago, tiocfaidh said:

And does it drop down to the previous level on his return to Thailand?

Yes

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Even if you go on holiday to the UK for a week all you do is call DWP tell them you are back for a week and the following month you get the additional weeks increase . There are two types of pension those who qualified and took there pension before April 2016 get in the region of £134 per week those who qualified after April 6th 2016 now get in the region of £175 per week . As I said either email DWP before leaving Thailand giving them your arrival and departure date or call them when you get back on UK soil. And yes it will drop back to the original level when you return to Thailand.

Edited by crazykopite
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, andygrr said:

I don't see why you should be penalized for living overseas in retirement. If you payed your NI contributions you should be treated the same. At the end of the day they are already saving the gov money by living overseas. They are not claiming for other things such at winter payments. Then the big one they are not a burden on the NHS and care systems this alone must save the gov millions but they still penalize them. They say it is due to them not being subject to UK inflation and cost of living. Do they not realize inflation happens everywhere and the cost of living in some countries is higher than it is in the UK. pensioners are not asking for more just to be treated the same.

Been a long thread before on UK frozen pensions, a petition so it would be heard in Parliament, guess what happen.

The way I look at it is if I lived in UK I would need rises to pay for things I don't have to pay for here.  

39 minutes ago, andygrr said:

I don't see why you should be penalized for living overseas in retirement. If you payed your NI contributions you should be treated the same. At the end of the day they are already saving the gov money by living overseas. They are not claiming for other things such at winter payments. Then the big one they are not a burden on the NHS and care systems this alone must save the gov millions but they still penalize them. They say it is due to them not being subject to UK inflation and cost of living. Do they not realize inflation happens everywhere and the cost of living in some countries is higher than it is in the UK. pensioners are not asking for more just to be treated the same.

I believe also that there is a 50 percent surcharge for any use you might make of the NHS, never mind that you might have paid into the service for decades. If you don't have proof of an extended period in the UK (ie not just popped back home for treatment) then you have to pay up. I am ready to be corrected, and hope I am.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, andygrr said:

Why would you retire in a country where the cost of living is higher than in the UK? Especially on a c***y UK pension? That's not why people moves abroad when retiring. 

51 minutes ago, andygrr said:

I am relaxed at the prospect of no rises for me in relation to the State pension. Why?

If I were to reside in the UK then my presence and my spending would increase the  UK GDP.

Also I would be paying consumer taxes i.e. Vat and fuel tax.

The UK loses out because I decided to live in Thailand

In relation to the NHS.The rules are simple. You only need to reside in the UK to qualify to use the service.

I do not reside in the UK-simple.

• Like 2