Uk Pension

4 hours ago, Helmet Grunter said:

Move to one of these countries, if you are not happy with your pension not increasing. As far as the amount you get, you pay to play. In Germany, they contribute about 20 percent of their pay towards their pension. In the UK, you do not ????????????

Countries the UK has a social security agreement with

The UK has agreements with some other countries to protect the social security rights of workers moving between the 2 countries.

These are sometimes known as ‘bilateral agreements’ or ‘reciprocal agreements’.

If you live in one of the following countries and receive a UK State Pension, you will usually get an increase in your pension every year:

• Barbados
  • Bermuda
  • Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • Gibraltar
  • Guernsey
  • the Isle of Man
  • Israel
  • Jamaica
  • Jersey
  • Kosovo
  • Mauritius
  • Montenegro
  • North Macedonia
  • the Philippines
  • Serbia
  • Turkey
  • USA

Could you post a link to where you got that list from? Thanks.

Another article spelling out the iniquities of the UK government's stance on frozen pensions.

Mention is made of the surplus in the National Insurance Fund (£30b as at March 2019), but that is only likely to give Rishi Sunak ideas that this is  a pot he can possibly raid to finance his Covid-19 spending spree!!   

https://international-adviser.com/uk-pensions-secretary-cherry-picking-facts-on-frozen-pensions/?utm_term=

18 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

It is outrageous.  The law says we are entitled to the annual increases, but every year the Government puts a statutory implement before parliament to stop us getting it.

And to add insult to injury they then go ahead and inflict the Life Certificate bureaucratic nonsense on us every couple of years or so.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Another article spelling out the iniquities of the UK government's stance on frozen pensions.

Mention is made of the surplus in the National Insurance Fund (£30b as at March 2019), but that is only likely to give Rishi Sunak ideas that this is  a pot he can possibly raid to finance his Covid-19 spending spree!!   

https://international-adviser.com/uk-pensions-secretary-cherry-picking-facts-on-frozen-pensions/?utm_term=

I am wondering whether Rishi Sunak might also have his beady eye on the whole "Triple Lock" annual increase arrangement, not only as another possible "benefactor" for his COVID-19 spending extravaganza initially but also eventually as a permanent means of reducing the overall UK plc budget deficit. The Tories currently have an 80-seat majority in the Commons, and the next General Election is not due until 2024. So he might just about get away with a dastardly act of this sort.

Freezing the State Pension for everyone across the board (except, presumably, for pensioners with no other source of income) would certainly finally achieve a level playing-field from our perspective, ironically, even if this was not accomplished in a manner which we would necessarily like!

Edited by OJAS
19 hours ago, OJAS said:

And to add insult to injury they then go ahead and inflict the Life Certificate bureaucratic nonsense on us every couple of years or so.

What you could do here is go to .gov.UK,use your NI number to log in and ask a question,anything at all. Shows you are alive,no activity,bank too,

On 5/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, andygrr said:

I don't see why you should be penalized for living overseas in retirement. If you payed your NI contributions you should be treated the same. At the end of the day they are already saving the gov money by living overseas. They are not claiming for other things such at winter payments. Then the big one they are not a burden on the NHS and care systems this alone must save the gov millions but they still penalize them. They say it is due to them not being subject to UK inflation and cost of living. Do they not realize inflation happens everywhere and the cost of living in some countries is higher than it is in the UK. pensioners are not asking for more just to be treated the same.

I Have a property in Italy. I claim the Winter Fuel Payment every year.

The EU pays me a subsidy for my Olive Grove.

Crazy but hey.