BANGKOK
tomster

Are the hotels in Pattaya open or closed (thought they were closed but booking.com shows availability)

I have some friends coming down from Bangkok this weekend and they have asked me to find a room as they thought the hotels in Pattaya were all closed.

But a quick search on booking.com shows availability...

Can anybody confirm what's going on, are they open or closed or something in between?

TIA.

• Haha 1

Have nothing to do with booking.com for starters. Try Agoda or other apps that allow you to email or call to check. BC won't allow you until paid, then it's to late and they are woeful at doing anything, if you have issues. Oyo has an app and seem open but more expensive than through Agoda. Just check if charges include power and water as most hide this. Stay away from Canterbury Tales. I left early as my original hotel closed. Pays to do research so you don't end up with a disaster of a stay as I did

• Like 2

Hua Hin or Hat Yai hotels were open from 15th this month. Why not Pattaya, hopefully days away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haveasay said:

Have nothing to do with booking.com for starters. Try Agoda or other apps that allow you to email or call to check. BC won't allow you until paid, then it's to late and they are woeful at doing anything, if you have issues. Oyo has an app and seem open but more expensive than through Agoda. Just check if charges include power and water as most hide this. Stay away from Canterbury Tales. I left early as my original hotel closed. Pays to do research so you don't end up with a disaster of a stay as I did

Agoda and Booking.com  are the same company. Both pretty hopeless. They changed it last year so you can contact before you book. At the moment Booking.com (and Agoda) is telling all members that they must give refunds due to the situation. Usually it is up to the hotel to set their refund policy. Supposedly Airbnb is not doing this and alot of people are getting scammed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some open some closed

Nope, I have been told all closed.

The only accomodation is the Illegal AirBNB etc.

The illegal daily/weekly renters are still active.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Agoda and Booking.com  are the same company. Both pretty hopeless. They changed it last year so you can contact before you book. At the moment Booking.com (and Agoda) is telling all members that they must give refunds due to the situation. Usually it is up to the hotel to set their refund policy. Supposedly Airbnb is not doing this and alot of people are getting scammed.

First let me say Airbnb are giving refunds due to covid they were No3 in the world for giving refunds, 

Agoda and BDC are the same company you need to check online if they are still open I guess many hotels have not updated their calendars they might be showing available and sometimes these calendars dont synchronize all the time with other platforms

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nope, my place is open and others are that have people staying there. I also see guesthouses on Facebook still advertising

Be careful i booked  a hotel recently through Booking.com which was accepted and confirmed. But i got an email later from the hotel saying they were closed. So bookings are being accepted for closed hotels !!

Also is cross province travel accepted now?

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope, my place is open and others are that have people staying there. I also see guesthouses on Facebook still advertising

The OP is asking about HOTELS.

Not apartments or guest houses.

As I said illegal AirBnB etc only

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You have been told wrong....most are closed,however a few with long term guests are still open and accepting bookings/walk in,s.....contact RCon Blue Ocean if you need rooms :thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The OP is asking about HOTELS.

Not apartments or guest houses.

As I said illegal AirBnB etc only

Nope. A quick search on hotels.com shows hotels open, balihai bay, Palm Garden hotel etc etc. Like i said before phone to confirm

Edited by scubascuba3

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope. A quick search on hotels.com shows hotels open, balihai bay, Palm Garden hotel etc etc. Like i said before phone to confirm

Yep, youll find that as did Henry Ford, this is his posting

Be careful i booked  a hotel recently through Booking.com which was accepted and confirmed. But i got an email later from the hotel saying they were closed.

All shut

OP I would suggest that you look on Booking or Agoda but then deal directly with the hotel the pricing is ot that much different and you will be sure that it is open and going to provide the services that you want or need.

• Like 2