Are the hotels in Pattaya open or closed (thought they were closed but booking.com shows availability)

tomster

I have some friends coming down from Bangkok this weekend and they have asked me to find a room as they thought the hotels in Pattaya were all closed.

But a quick search on booking.com shows availability...

Can anybody confirm what's going on, are they open or closed or something in between?

TIA.

• Haha 1

Have nothing to do with booking.com for starters. Try Agoda or other apps that allow you to email or call to check. BC won't allow you until paid, then it's to late and they are woeful at doing anything, if you have issues. Oyo has an app and seem open but more expensive than through Agoda. Just check if charges include power and water as most hide this. Stay away from Canterbury Tales. I left early as my original hotel closed. Pays to do research so you don't end up with a disaster of a stay as I did

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Haveasay said:

Have nothing to do with booking.com for starters. Try Agoda or other apps that allow you to email or call to check. BC won't allow you until paid, then it's to late and they are woeful at doing anything, if you have issues. Oyo has an app and seem open but more expensive than through Agoda. Just check if charges include power and water as most hide this. Stay away from Canterbury Tales. I left early as my original hotel closed. Pays to do research so you don't end up with a disaster of a stay as I did

Agoda and Booking.com  are the same company. Both pretty hopeless. They changed it last year so you can contact before you book. At the moment Booking.com (and Agoda) is telling all members that they must give refunds due to the situation. Usually it is up to the hotel to set their refund policy. Supposedly Airbnb is not doing this and alot of people are getting scammed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Agoda and Booking.com  are the same company. Both pretty hopeless. They changed it last year so you can contact before you book. At the moment Booking.com (and Agoda) is telling all members that they must give refunds due to the situation. Usually it is up to the hotel to set their refund policy. Supposedly Airbnb is not doing this and alot of people are getting scammed.

First let me say Airbnb are giving refunds due to covid they were No3 in the world for giving refunds, 

Agoda and BDC are the same company you need to check online if they are still open I guess many hotels have not updated their calendars they might be showing available and sometimes these calendars dont synchronize all the time with other platforms

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nope, I have been told all closed.

The only accomodation is the Illegal AirBNB etc.

The illegal daily/weekly renters are still active.

Nope, my place is open and others are that have people staying there. I also see guesthouses on Facebook still advertising

Be careful i booked  a hotel recently through Booking.com which was accepted and confirmed. But i got an email later from the hotel saying they were closed. So bookings are being accepted for closed hotels !!

Also is cross province travel accepted now?

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope, my place is open and others are that have people staying there. I also see guesthouses on Facebook still advertising

The OP is asking about HOTELS.

Not apartments or guest houses.

As I said illegal AirBnB etc only

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You have been told wrong....most are closed,however a few with long term guests are still open and accepting bookings/walk in,s.....contact RCon Blue Ocean if you need rooms :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The OP is asking about HOTELS.

Not apartments or guest houses.

As I said illegal AirBnB etc only

Nope. A quick search on hotels.com shows hotels open, balihai bay, Palm Garden hotel etc etc. Like i said before phone to confirm

Edited by scubascuba3

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nope. A quick search on hotels.com shows hotels open, balihai bay, Palm Garden hotel etc etc. Like i said before phone to confirm

Yep, youll find that as did Henry Ford, this is his posting

Be careful i booked  a hotel recently through Booking.com which was accepted and confirmed. But i got an email later from the hotel saying they were closed.

All shut

OP I would suggest that you look on Booking or Agoda but then deal directly with the hotel the pricing is ot that much different and you will be sure that it is open and going to provide the services that you want or need.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

All hotels are not closed, and a few stays open for stranded tourists only. The rest can't/wont open for financial reasons because of no tourists,even domestic. 

We just checked out from a 14 day stay at Aiyaree in Jomtien. Booked 2 days on booking.com then another 2 weeks at the hotel. A bit more than 500b per night for what in high season is 1500b. Nice pool, small fitness room very clean and nice with friendly welcoming staff and nice but simple buffet breakfast. Walking around a lot of the hotel's seemed closed but I noticed the really expensive looking one at the top of Walking St had a sign saying closed but had guests at the pool. Booking.com is just computer based so if they are too stupid  to make their rooms unavailable they will sell and then they need to send you to cancel.

I have been staying at the Intown Holiday Resort on Soi 11 in Pattaya for a long time.  Great location, clean rooms, well run, pool on the roof and under hotel parking.   They are open.   Agoda had about 30 hotels open some with rooms 50% off.

I have learned to laugh at these posting, feel sad and wonder why so many miserable expats stay in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

All hotels are not closed, and a few stays open for stranded tourists only. The rest can't/wont open for financial reasons because of no tourists,even domestic. 

What are you talking about. 
Stranded tourists are not in hotels, they are in guest houses etc. 
You can't book hotel accommodation in Pattaya. 
Do you live in Pattaya. 
Go for a drive around, all shut. 

The local radio station here 103fm broadcasts are saying that they are shut. 

The OP is asking for information, correct information. 
Don't bother commenting for the sake of commenting. 

If you don't know the facts don't comment. 

Why be a nuisance, let's keep this TVF professional with reliable information. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thailarry said:

I have been staying at the Intown Holiday Resort on Soi 11 in Pattaya for a long time.  Great location, clean rooms, well run, pool on the roof and under hotel parking.   They are open.   Agoda had about 30 hotels open some with rooms 50% off.

I have learned to laugh at these posting, feel sad and wonder why so many miserable expats stay in Thailand.

Yep, your stay is illegal 

Probably weekly / daily rentals which are illegal in Thailand 

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What are you talking about. 
Stranded tourists are not in hotels, they are in guest houses etc. 
You can't book hotel accommodation in Pattaya. 
Do you live in Pattaya. 
Go for a drive around, all shut. 

The local radio station here 103fm broadcasts are saying that they are shut. 

The OP is asking for information, correct information. 
Don't bother commenting for the sake of commenting. 

If you don't know the facts don't comment. 

Why be a nuisance, let's keep this TVF professional with reliable information. 

Must have been dreaming about the buffet breakfast and the pool and the sweet girls cleaning the room. Was in Jomtien I suppose not Pattaya.

Red Balcony Hotel looks open. Its on the sea front near Walking Street. I know it well .. cheap and cheerful and value for money. If they dont need swimming pool etc. Nice sea views if they get a front facing room.

I pass it every morning and the doors are always open and someone in reception. I get a wave from her sometimes as Im remembered. . I could enquire for you ... but its easy for you to phone them or email them via their website .... ask Mr Google.

But as bars etc etc etc are shut ... maybe a resort style complex better.

Edited by PAWNEESE

7 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Must have been dreaming about the buffet breakfast and the pool and the sweet girls cleaning the room. Was in Jomtien I suppose not Pattaya.

Yes, there are lovely resort style accommodation, Arcadia Beach Resort is one. It has a lovely reception area and all the bells and whistles that a hotel has but is not a hotel. 

They have agents that rent out rooms illegally. 

The OP is asking about hotels being open. 

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, there are lovely resort style accommodation, Arcadia Beach Resort is one. It has a lovely reception area and all the bells and whistles that a hotel has but is not a hotel. 

They have agents that rent out rooms illegally. 

The OP is asking about hotels being open. 

The hotel had a 24 hour  reception, swimming pool, 2 restaurants ,(one with buffet breakfast) about 70 hotel rooms , room service from the restaurant, daily cleaning and was even named as a hotel. I booked it because it was a hotel and I wanted 24 hour reception. What else does it need to qualify as being a hotel? I know you have read that hotels are closed but looking at it logically there are still a lot of tourists in Thailand and they can't sleep on the beach. The order said  people already booked in can stay. I don't think anyone is going to go around every hotel in Pattaya and check how long guests are staying.

16 hours ago, Haveasay said:

I have stayed at Canterbury Tales many times, and it has always been well run and clean.

Could you please explain why people should stay away?