Are the hotels in Pattaya open or closed (thought they were closed but booking.com shows availability)

tomster

7 hours ago, VYCM said:

No choice, they were ordered to close. 

They were ordered to close when existing guests had left...others with long term guests were allowed to stay open....a friend of mine stays 6 months each year at RCon Blue Ocean Hotel (complete with swimming pool) soi Bukhaow and it is open and taking other guests also....it is not the only one still open as has been mentioned in earlier comments.....you are WRONG :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

Another one here that can confirm there are hotels open in Pattaya and I see them almost every day.  A mate has just spent a couple of months in what was LK on 19 and is now OYO Sleep Easy.  Anyone who knows it will agree it's not a guest house.

Even the article quoted above said if they have existing guests they had to notify the council, but they were not forced to close.

What is it with those OYOs, they're popping up everywhere. 

Got to feel for Mr. Oyo, he picked the wrong time to start an empire 

Edited by VYCM

1 minute ago, VYCM said:

It wouldn't be the first time a media article was wrong, but in this case, no it's not wrong even if it's not totally clear.  As already alluded to, it says "Any hotels where some guests might currently stay are obliged to notify respective chief district officers within three days, according to the provincial governor."

These hotels were allowed to remain open.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, VYCM said:

You're misunderstood, these are not hotels that are open. The government ordered hotels in Pattaya to shut. 

What you'll find they may call themselves a hotel and look like a hotel but may well be a guesthouse or similar. 

Illegal weekly or daily ntals are common and a big problem here in Pattaya. 

If you read the whole thread you will see this has been discussed at length.  In a city full of hotels, guesthouses and Airbnb's you would need to be prety dumb not to know the difference. There are many reports of hotels open(not condos with Airbnb). I was staying at a very nice hotel till this week. Just because the government says to close the hotels does not mean they are. This is Thailand. There are always exceptions to the rule. 

On 5/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, tomster said:

I have some friends coming down from Bangkok this weekend and they have asked me to find a room as they thought the hotels in Pattaya were all closed.

But a quick search on booking.com shows availability...

Can anybody confirm what's going on, are they open or closed or something in between?

TIA.

Hi

some have already given you names of open accomodations in Pattaya

hotels or not, and it depends also of what your friends want. I mean an hotel

near soi Bukkhao can be good if they want some ''action'' but if they prefer a quiet

area Jomtiem could be better. Also they have to deal with the curfew and the closure of

all the entertainment establishments and the beaches.

If you have a name of an hotel and you want be sure it's open give it to me here or by private

message and i can go pick a boo, see on the ground if it's really open for check in or not and

i will let you know 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, treetops said:

And any forum member can post erroneous information as you did.  I'm pleased for you that it's been cleared up.

Yes, totally agree.

Sadly TVF is becoming a forum for fake news, needs to be a way to police these fake comments.

I can understand comments from knowledge obtained through media and radio etc. of which now appears media is reporting fake news (its a sad day when you read local material and listen to local radio and the information is not correct) but members commenting without knowing right from wrong is unacceptable, just don’t comment if you are not sure, fake comments just waste peoples time.

I understand false comments will appear from time to time when you've got for example........hotels ordered to close and government officials owning hotels and their hotels remain open, what needs to happen is everyone must comply.

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have emailed another place and wait for answer...

No response to email from yesterday while usually they answer quickly.

It's a usually well booked hotel that always properly registers guests at immigration.

I don't want to draw general conclusions from that.

Maybe just business reasons to keep closed.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 5/25/2020 at 5:03 AM, Haveasay said:

Have nothing to do with booking.com for starters. Try Agoda or other apps that allow you to email or call to check. BC won't allow you until paid, then it's to late and they are woeful at doing anything, if you have issues. Oyo has an app and seem open but more expensive than through Agoda. Just check if charges include power and water as most hide this. Stay away from Canterbury Tales. I left early as my original hotel closed. Pays to do research so you don't end up with a disaster of a stay as I did

Hotels charge for water and power? Never had that experience.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No response to email from yesterday while usually they answer quickly.

It's a usually well booked hotel that always properly registers guests at immigration.

I don't want to draw general conclusions from that.

Maybe just business reasons to keep closed.

Most are closed. You need to phone up and perhaps turn up and go from hotel to hotel until you find one open

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VYCM said:

Yes, totally agree.

Sadly TVF is becoming a forum for fake news, needs to be a way to police these fake comments.

I can understand comments from knowledge obtained through media and radio etc. of which now appears media is reporting fake news (its a sad day when you read local material and listen to local radio and the information is not correct) but members commenting without knowing right from wrong is unacceptable, just don’t comment if you are not sure, fake comments just waste peoples time.

I understand false comments will appear from time to time when you've got for example........hotels ordered to close and government officials owning hotels and their hotels remain open, what needs to happen is everyone must comply.

I do not see false comments. It is true that there are many illegal hotels in Thailand but it is just not relevant to the thread. There are many hotels still open but I don't think it is a lack of compliance. It was just a crazy law to tell all hotels to close. There is the scenario where some countries are providing relief flights for their citizens. Someone is in Korat and catches a bus to Bangkok. Where are they meant to stay? Sleep for a couple of nights at the airport? It was just another unthought out law and when the government realized how stupid it was and unrealistic they changed their mind but to change face didn't tell people. They just let the hotels open. It is same with me. I was in Trat and I came to meet my wife in Pattaya to stay with her family. Before I went back to the family being responsible we did 2 weeks self quarantine in a hotel because I didn't want to be the one to introduce the virus to the family. I thought I was doing the right thing but by some people's reactions I was breaking the law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Many condo's and villa's charge extra for electric and water I saw one in Phuket the other day 10 Baht a unit for leccky

9 hours ago, elgenon said:

As I,ve stated earlier in this thread  friend of mine rents a room for 6 months each year at the RCon Blue Ocean he is given the choice of room only (he pays separately for water/electric) or all-inclusive.

Daily/weekly rates I do not know about :jap:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, petermik said:

As I,ve stated earlier in this thread  friend of mine rents a room for 6 months each year at the RCon Blue Ocean he is given the choice of room only (he pays separately for water/electric) or all-inclusive.

Daily/weekly rates I do not know about :jap:

I have had hotels tell me any booking over 30 days, you pay for electric after 30 days. These were smaller places not large chains.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, bkk6060 said:

I have stayed in a couple of short time hotels recently.

I inquired and was told long term stays were ok.

Probably not what you are looking for though.

Spent many a good time with a friend visiting the short time hotel 
The Full Love Inn here in Pattaya, they're great value, service is spot on, you can order beer, all the essentials are for sale. 

i have visited 3 hotels this evening in the Soi Bukkhao area and 2 were closed.

(D hotel and Nature view hotel)

The Opey de Place Soi Lengkee is open, rooms are 650 bahts\night but they have

only a handfull of rooms available (They probably don't have enough staff to manage all the rooms)

The best option is to use an internet site like Agoda (595 in the Opey actualy for one night saturday 30 to sunday 31 may, that was the OP request for his friend from Bangkok) then phone call to the hotel before coming to confirm the reservation.

Edited by kingofthemountain

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The best option is to use an internet site like Agoda (595 in the Opey actualy for one night saturday 30 to sunday 31 may, that was the OP request for his friend from Bangkok) then phone call to the hotel before coming to confirm the reservation.

I booked a room (cancelable) at the LK Metropole through Agoda a few weeks ago so i thought i'd call the hotel and check if they are in fact open. A lady answered my call and when asked if the hotel was open she replied "NO", i then said well i've booked a room through Agoda and she replied "if you book a room through a booking agency then YES we are open"

The mind boggles lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I booked a room (cancelable) at the LK Metropole through Agoda a few weeks ago so i thought i'd call the hotel and check if they are in fact open. A lady answered my call and when asked if the hotel was open she replied "NO", i then said well i've booked a room through Agoda and she replied "if you book a room through a booking agency then YES we are open"

The mind boggles lol

lol

it's probably because all the rooms are not available, only a small % of the hotel rooms are open

(Because they don't have enough customers so they don't have all the staff at work)

but a limited number of rooms are available, and they are rented on the internet sites.

Maybe this could explain the ''Thai style'' answer at your phone call

If you want to be sure you will have your room when you arrive at the LK metropole on soi Diana

i can verify for you on the ground in the next days if they are open for the internet

reservations already made, just send me a private message here

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shy coconut said:

A follow up on that 7 week old story would be useful, particularly the bit about

" untill further notice"

No update, nothing has changed mate, the order still stands. 
The only accommodation in Pattaya are the illegal daily/weekly AirBNB rentals, dodgy agents and guesthouses. 
Also around 1% of hotels are open, it appears these noncompliant 1% don't have to obey the strict closure rules, they are apparently owned by those who are connected. 

On 5/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, possum1931 said:

I have never heard of any hotel in Thailand charging for water and power over and above the room charge, except maybe guesthouses for monthly stays.

Yes, I agree.

Guesthouse or similar.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 5:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Some open some closed, up to them, phone and confirm with the one you want to book with

Fake news/comment, its not “Up To Them”, these hotels were ordered to close.

There may be a hand full of Hotels open (most illegally).

The forced closure have shut them.

Members are getting confused, guesthouses etc are not hotels.

As I said earlier,

Any House building in Thailand can call themselves a hotel when in fact they may be an apartment, guesthouse etc.

Trip adviser doesn't even have a clear definition between Hotels and Guesthouses so I would think the average TV member would not know the difference.

On 5/27/2020 at 4:59 PM, VYCM said:

Spent many a good time with a friend visiting the short time hotel 
The Full Love Inn here in Pattaya, they're great value, service is spot on, you can order beer, all the essentials are for sale. 

I frequently used hot-sheet motels for a few days lodging while I was working in northeast Brazil. A lot of them had simply awesome room-service menus as well, better than some 5-star hotels.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, ChipButty said:

Many condo's and villa's charge extra for electric and water I saw one in Phuket the other day 10 Baht a unit for leccky

But have you seen a hotel? Each room would have to be metered.