Are the hotels in Pattaya open or closed (thought they were closed but booking.com shows availability)

tomster

3 hours ago, mariobb said:

Hotels were ordered to close on the 25th or 27th of March, unless they applied at the banglamung office to remain open with an submsision of their Ror ror 4 list of guests inhouse. From that date only hotels that had long term guests will have opted to remain open as they still had cashflow coming in. For other hotels with short stay guests at that time it did not make sense to remain open. From that time also SSO kicked in with the force majeure act, covering 62% of the salaries up to 9300 TBH. From that time until the end of April, no new guests were allowed to be registered or to to check in. From May onwards, when the lock down ended hotels are allowed to accept new bookings again and submit them as usual by ror ror 4. However, with no more reservations on the books few hotels can reopen on break even, so it is cheaper to remain closed. Hotels will look at this month by month and are still selling online as the need bookings on hand before deciding to reopen again. If not reopen, they will either transfer the booking or release it.

Did you hear this on the radio station?

On 5/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I booked a room (cancelable) at the LK Metropole through Agoda a few weeks ago so i thought i'd call the hotel and check if they are in fact open. A lady answered my call and when asked if the hotel was open she replied "NO", i then said well i've booked a room through Agoda and she replied "if you book a room through a booking agency then YES we are open"

The mind boggles lol

I checked the hotel LK metropole Soi Diana this afternoon and it's closed

all the doors are padlocked with chains and there is nobody inside.

Plus signs everywhere with closed writed on the papers and even a copy of

the province closure order.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I checked the hotel LK metropole Soi Diana this afternoon and it's closed

all the doors are padlocked with chains and there is nobody inside.

Plus signs everywhere with closed writed on the papers and even a copy of

the province closure order.

Thank you very much, so its a nono then, <deleted> are they doing allowing agency bookings then ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thank you very much, so its a nono then, <deleted> are they doing allowing agency bookings then ?

I've stayed at the Natural Beach hotel on the beach just past Central. From memory was quite nice. Very cheap on booking.com at the moment. If you search on booking.com and look at the hotel reviews and filter them to most recent if it is open and someone has stayed recently and reviewed it will tell you. They had a review from 25th May so is obviously open. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I've stayed at the Natural Beach hotel on the beach just past Central. From memory was quite nice. Very cheap on booking.com at the moment. If you search on booking.com and look at the hotel reviews and filter them to most recent if it is open and someone has stayed recently and reviewed it will tell you. They had a review from 25th May so is obviously open. 

Natural beach hotel is nice (Be aware there are 3 parts of the hotel and they are not all at the

same standarts, then it's a little bit of a lotery for the rooms) with a very good location

but last week it was still closed. I will check today and i will let know here if it's open or not.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 11:39 AM, elgenon said:

But have you seen a hotel? Each room would have to be metered.

Have you seen a condo? Some have a room full of individual meters for each of the units. Although unlikely, a hotel that may have been wired that way as well.

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Natural beach hotel is nice (Be aware there are 3 parts of the hotel and they are not all at the

same standarts, then it's a little bit of a lotery for the rooms) with a very good location

but last week it was still closed. I will check today and i will let know here if it's open or not.

I was going to post earlier saying it is nice of you helping out people ????. They did have a review saying stayed May 2020 but good of you to help out. I have posted before Aiyaree beside the Matcha Noo fountain in Jomtien is definitely open and very good value.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 7:03 PM, Haveasay said:

Have nothing to do with booking.com for starters. Try Agoda or other apps that allow you to email or call to check. BC won't allow you until paid, then it's to late and they are woeful at doing anything, if you have issues. Oyo has an app and seem open but more expensive than through Agoda. Just check if charges include power and water as most hide this. Stay away from Canterbury Tales. I left early as my original hotel closed. Pays to do research so you don't end up with a disaster of a stay as I did

Good advice. Agoda has decent customer service. I have gotten refunds from them, well after the cancellation period went into effect. 

57 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Yes, Ive driven around Pattaya recently.... Nature Beach (Soi 11 beach road) , Intown Holiday (Soi Honey) and Aiyaree seem to be open and from the frontage appear to be hotels, not bad 3 or so hotels open out of the many 1000's of hotels we have here in Pattaya. Probably something to do with the forced closure. 

BTW, R,Con is a serviced apartment. I found this information below on their website.

R-Con is Service Apartment. Currently Ratanakorn Asset is managing over 7 service apartments. There is five more service apartments are developing under Ratanakorn Asset branding. In the end of year 2007, Ratanakorn Asset plans to manage altogether over 12 service apartments with more than 1,000 units

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Yes, Ive driven around Pattaya recently.... Nature Beach (Soi 11 beach road) , Intown Holiday (Soi Honey) and Aiyaree seem to be open and from the frontage appear to be hotels, not bad 3 or so hotels open out of the many 1000's of hotels we have here in Pattaya. Probably something to do with the forced closure. 

BTW, R,Con is a serviced apartment. I found this information below on their website.

R-Con is Service Apartment. Currently Ratanakorn Asset is managing over 7 service apartments. There is five more service apartments are developing under Ratanakorn Asset branding. In the end of year 2007, Ratanakorn Asset plans to manage altogether over 12 service apartments with more than 1,000 units

I'm really happy to hear about R Con. Really makes my day.

25 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I'm really happy to hear about R Con. Really makes my day.

You have a very poor attitude mate, just looking to antagonise. 

I made mention of both R-Con and Intown, both of which you made no reference to. 

Remember you're not the only person who reads my comments. 

7 hours ago, VYCM said:

You have a very poor attitude mate, just looking to antagonise. 

I made mention of both R-Con and Intown, both of which you made no reference to. 

Remember you're not the only person who reads my comments. 

Mate.....https://www.agoda.com/r-con-blue-ocean-hotel/hotel/pattaya-th.html?cid=1844104

RCon Blue Ocean Hotel.....Hotel....OK this is the one I have referred to on this thread numerous times NOT RCon residence at the other end of soi Bukhaow

Do you get it now ITS A HOTEL in Pattaya and OPEN NOW.

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

Mate.....https://www.agoda.com/r-con-blue-ocean-hotel/hotel/pattaya-th.html?cid=1844104

RCon Blue Ocean Hotel.....Hotel....OK this is the one I have referred to on this thread numerous times NOT RCon residence at the other end of soi Bukhaow

Do you get it now ITS A HOTEL in Pattaya and OPEN NOW.

I'm disappointed with this uneducated comment. 

As I said in post #67.

Yes sadly here in Thailand any accommodation house can call itself a Hotel. 
Any Condominium can call itself a Resort 
Any ageing Toyota Corolla can be called a Limousine.

You can call your guesthouse, serviced apartment etc. a Hotel in Thailand, its not against the law. 

1 minute ago, VYCM said:

I'm disappointed with this uneducated comment. 

As I said in post #67.

Yes sadly here in Thailand any accommodation house can call itself a Hotel. 
Any Condominium can call itself a Resort 
Any ageing Toyota Corolla can be called a Limousine.

You can call your guesthouse, serviced apartment etc. a Hotel in Thailand, its not against the law. 

You accuse me of being antagonistic but what does all this have to do with anyone wanting a place to stay? There are over 100 posts and most are about whether a hotel is a hotel or not. I have read your posts and you  said all hotels are closed then 1% are open but operating illegally. Since the other thread about how hotels can report to Banglamung Amphur and stay open you have gone a bit quiet about it until now. I had another poster tell me I could not have stayed in a hotel because he heard on the radio it was closed. Are you really trying to help people find somewhere or have an argument about how sad it is that a guesthouse can call itself a guesthouse?

10 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

You accuse me of being antagonistic but what does all this have to do with anyone wanting a place to stay? There are over 100 posts and most are about whether a hotel is a hotel or not. I have read your posts and you  said all hotels are closed then 1% are open but operating illegally. Since the other thread about how hotels can report to Banglamung Amphur and stay open you have gone a bit quiet about it until now. I had another poster tell me I could not have stayed in a hotel because he heard on the radio it was closed. Are you really trying to help people find somewhere or have an argument about how sad it is that a guesthouse can call itself a guesthouse?

I'm fed up with bullies and blasé commitments that are false.
Fake comments just waste peoples time.
Members need to put some effort into their comments. 

TVF Members post questions to get knowledge, they ask questions for help. 

Worthless replies just degrade TVF. 

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your 50 odd replies don't help at all, you are just trying to argue that all hotels are closed. Have you actually suggested one that was open to help the op? although he never came back so who cares anyway

Sea Falcon Na Jomtien soi 8 is open. A mate of mine stayed there last week. He had booked another place, Lemon Grass Retreat through Agoda. Didn't bother to call the property and check as had never had a problem. Arrived there to it all being locked up. He then drove along the beach front road and found the Sea Falcon open. 

8 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Sea Falcon Na Jomtien soi 8 is open. A mate of mine stayed there last week. He had booked another place, Lemon Grass Retreat through Agoda. Didn't bother to call the property and check as had never had a problem. Arrived there to it all being locked up. He then drove along the beach front road and found the Sea Falcon open. 

VYCM says NO,not possible..............:whistling:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

MaxxCity is open, but it is an ApartHotel, and take only customers for a week, or more.

Well done Luke, great comment.

With this professional comment, I'm sure you are lucky. 

A short 3 liner that says it all. 

Please pass your skills on to others. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Well done Luke, great comment.

With this professional comment, I'm sure you are lucky. 

A short 3 liner that says it all. 

Please pass your skills on to others. 

Why the sarcasm?

3 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

It is interesting that Agoda allows hotels to not fulfill bookings. We have a small hotel (not in Pattaya) and deal with booking.com(same company). You must agree to stand by bookings and if you cannot fulfill a booking booking.com is entitled to rebook your customers at any other hotel at your expense. I have not been keeping up with booking.com's directives because we are closed for low season but was surprised when I booked a hotel and the booking.com website said to check with the hotel to ensure your booking. There is no excuse for a hotel to close and stay open on booking.com as there is an easy to operate app for partners where you can easily open and close rooms. 

8 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I was going to post earlier saying it is nice of you helping out people ????. They did have a review saying stayed May 2020 but good of you to help out.

You are welcome

some nice members here on Thai Visa have helped me

in the past with good informations

so i try to help back at my turn when i can.

So i have checked the Natural beach hotel, the part in front of the beach road is closed

but a paper on the door ask to go to the back side, where you have the Baan sila hotel

And the Baan sila is open. In fact is the same management and the Baan sila is just the 

newest part of the Natural beach hotel, the price is good, around 500 bahts\night but

be aware some works in progress in the garden around the swimming pool, and maybe in

the old building on the seaside, with possible noise in daytime if you want enjoy

the nice swimming pool

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are welcome

some nice members here on Thai Visa have helped me

in the past with good informations

so i try to help back at my turn when i can.

So i have checked the Natural beach hotel, the part in front of the beach road is closed

but a paper on the door ask to go to the back side, where you have the Baan sila hotel

And the Baan sila is open. In fact is the same management and the Baan sila is just the 

newest part of the Natural beach hotel, the price is good, around 500 bahts\night but

be aware some works in progress in the garden around the swimming pool, and maybe in

the old building on the seaside, with possible noise in daytime if you want enjoy

the nice swimming pool

Cheers. I have a house. Was Pumpunarak was looking.

• Like 1