Are the hotels in Pattaya open or closed (thought they were closed but booking.com shows availability)

tomster

11 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Why the sarcasm?

I wasn't being Sarcastic, it was a sincere comment.

What is it with you Doom and Gloom guys, always turning everything into a negative.

This comment was perfect, its how you guys should comment. 

You guys that sit behind your keyboards all day drinking your many cups of coffee or tea, commenting (without knowledge) just for the sake of commenting hoping for a like or similar.

You guys need to get out and enjoy life.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Many are under lockdown!

Not here in Patts jacko....out and about and as free as a bird...beach and massage shops open tomorrow...Chinese back next month...life,s great here in sin city :cheesy:

Edited by petermik

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Not here in Patts jacko....out and about and as free as a bird...beach and massage shops open tomorrow...Chinese back next month...life,s great here in sin city :cheesy:

No bars though. I haven't had a drink for 2 months now, getting desperate.

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Sorry. I'm a bit stressed worrying whether a hotel is a hotel or an illegal condo.

Never worry VYCM will give U the most accurate and up to date information,U just need to ask..........:clap2:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Your not going to the right places.....BTW plenty of water in our taps...and free to you :thumbsup:

Just now, petermik said:

Your not going to the right places.....BTW plenty of water in our taps...and free to you :thumbsup:

I did get a text one night to say that my local bar was opening to "invited guests". Luckily I didn't accept the offer as it was raided, everyone arrested and fined 2k baht.

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I was at Central Marina last week and was surprised to see the guy with the mobile bar(,white vw) set up. I was in a hurry so didn't pay much attention but he looked like he was open for business.

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I did get a text one night to say that my local bar was opening to "invited guests". Luckily I didn't accept the offer as it was raided, everyone arrested and fined 2k baht.

They were lucky - I've heard of large bail payments made and court cases awaited.  Still not difficult to find somewhere open if you look around.

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Monday, we shall see, in fact I will go take a look. I dread the infected pouring in from all four corners. But I was allowed a beer at a restaurant yesterday!

On 5/29/2020 at 1:11 AM, treetops said:

Here's one that provides the same rooms as a serviced apartment as they do for a hotel guest.

https://r-conhotel.com/r-con/rates.html

Owned and ran by the Rattanakorn Group so not a fly by night company.

image.png.a24eccb9fa76ad46f7d3c898220740a2.png

Well, it doesn't seem to charge for the utilities when you are using it as a hotel. Am I reading it wrong?

On 5/29/2020 at 10:18 PM, NanLaew said:

Have you seen a condo? Some have a room full of individual meters for each of the units. Although unlikely, a hotel that may have been wired that way as well.

It was stated that  hotels charged for utilities, so I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. I know condos, houses and serviced apartments do.

4 minutes ago, elgenon said:

It was stated that  hotels charged for utilities, so I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. I know condos, houses and serviced apartments do.

Never. Not in Thailand nor anywhere else in the world.

10 hours ago, treetops said:

No,  but every room is metered which you appeared to doubt.

Thanks, interesting. I doubted a hotel would have separate metering. This sounds like a multi-use facility so it is understandable.