BANGKOK
DogNo1

How to Schedule Travel in 2020

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

an effective deterrent to the "hordes" which you fear,

oh dear, no fear here, I don't need to fly... I think the photos were before Memorial Day in USA...

Posted (edited)

when and if we see tourists coming back from spain in july all with covid infections that they caught in traveling will see cases go ballistic again .so wait and see the results of short trips before going for long flights

the 2nd wave is being waited for says tedros

Edited by 3NUMBAS

“The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration is currently discussing the option of letting foreigners enter the country in due course. We also plan to give priority to permanent residents and those with work permits to return as soon as the situation has eased,”

Sounds like July might be in the cards for opening up to some selected groups with gradual expansion to everyone else.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388623?utm_source=bottom_relate&utm_medium=internal_referral

"He said the option of allowing airlines to fly again will be considered in July."

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388600?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

australia just announced proposal 1 july allow travel between oz and nz and then 1/9 travel between oz and other "safe" countries. all depending on "safe" and future outbreaks. thailand/oz seems will be deemed "safe" atm, then of course question re prices and for oz the thai airways rehab/oz direct flights situation (other airlines have stopover flights) 

i'm thinking thailand trip dec - have to check my condo in pattaya which agent cannot find takers to rent or buy in current scenerio and even before (was warned never buy in thailand)     

2 minutes ago, Bvor said:

australia just announced proposal 1 july allow travel between oz and nz and then 1/9 travel between oz and other "safe" countries. all depending on "safe" and future outbreaks. thailand/oz seems will be deemed "safe" atm, then of course question re prices and for oz the thai airways rehab/oz direct flights situation (other airlines have stopover flights) 

i'm thinking thailand trip dec - have to check my condo in pattaya which agent cannot find takers to rent or buy in current scenerio and even before (was warned never buy in thailand)     

Link to the that July 1, doubt it?

Travelling internationally for the next 12 to 18 months is going to be unpredictable and fraught with issues, not least that there will be a second and even third round of  Covid 19 outbreaks that may push countries into closing borders without any notice.  Hunker down for  the next year seems to be a good tactic, plan nothing, and certainly pay nothing. in advance. 

5 hours ago, Olmate said:
5 hours ago, Bvor said:

Link to the that July 1, doubt it?

New Zealand (like Taiwan and possibly Vietnam) has already eliminated Covid-19 among the general population. Allowing free travel between Australia and New Zealand starting July 1st might be quite feasible as long as Australia can stamp out the small degree of community transmission that is still occurring in a couple of states (notably Victoria).

It is too early to say if Thailand might be regarded as a safe (virus eliminated) country in September. If official data is to be believed, there is some cause for optimism.

yes all quite uncertain.

the proposals were from some tourism committee meetings with gov't and would be subject to the status of "safe" countries at the decision making time and also any associated requirements eg health certificates, quarantine etc - its a not so easy balancing act between economy concerns and people health concerns