Egg board releases measures to deal with oversupply

snoop1130

10 days back went to a wholesale outlet similar to a small Makro . There was a very large queue of  people observing  social distancing as they progressively moved forward to accept a tray of  eggs and a recyclable bag  containing a  variety of food items including rice. It appeared to be organized by a large Thai Company and was free to the recipients who mostly appeared to be elderly. I would estimate they gave  away several thousand  trays at  least.

While it would  be safe to say the  cost would be a tax deductible for the company as promotional that takes  not  much away from the initiative.

While  people  might like to scoff at the  concept I guess the  purpose of the Thai Egg Board is  quite similar to the  American Egg Board.

8 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

I've seen eggs for sale in UK Aldi, online ad:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/groceries/fresh-food/milk-butter-and-eggsq=3apopularpage=0

Ranging from 7.5p to 21.5p each.

At today's conversion of £1 = 39 baht, 2.68 baht to produce an egg in Thailand is 6.8p. That's farmer's price. If a store in the UK can sell eggs at 7.5p per egg, which includes marketing, packaging and other costs, how come in Thailand it costs 2.68 baht to produce an egg?

At my local Kroger store in the U.S., I can currently get 18 Grade A large eggs for $1.  = 1.72 Baht each.  At Walmart they are 2.5 Baht each.  However, prices fluctuate all the time. $1 a dozen is more common.