Probe to find out the where 72-year old was infected with coronavirus

snoop1130

Probe to find out the where 72-year old was infected with coronavirus

9B4CEE88-FF59-4BC5-BE73-4E189704422A.jpeg

Health investigators are still unable to locate where a 72-year old man visited and contracted COVID-19, because the man visited many places in the 14-days prior to May 18th, when he tested positive for the pathogen, said CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin today (Monday).

Dr. Taweesin explained that the probe by health investigators is to locate the carrier of the virus, and the people who might be infected, adding that the barber’s shop in the Prachachuen area, which was ordered closed, reported that only three customers were allowed in at a time and no customers were allowed to wait in the shop.

Employees of a food shop visited by the infected man have been told to maintain home quarantine for 14 days, he said, adding that there would have been no need to investigate back as far as April 30th if the Thai Chana tracing app had been used.

Noting that there is one week to go before the third phase of lockdown measure relaxation, Dr. Taweesin urged members of the public to remain vigilant and to observe basic advice strictly, such as wearing face masks when out-doors, frequent hand washing and social distancing.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/probe-to-find-out-the-where-72-year-old-was-infected-with-coronavirus/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-05-25

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hope they don't get too cocky and suggest that phase 3 be put on hold.

Yeah but I would feel much better with them tracking down where in the world this dude came down with the virus.

He caught it and was spreading it just outside of Bangkok.  

I don't want any of his kin or people he was in contact with standing next to me on the Skytrain.

4 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Yeah but I would feel much better with them tracking down where in the world this dude came down with the virus.

I don't want any of his kin or people he was in contact with standing next to me on the Skytrain.

Tis inevitable that we all be infected with this virus as all the phases release the population back into mainstream society, we might be immune to it when the herd immunity takes control, just keep living and taking care to stay your distance, wash hands, wear a mask and sanitize, life goes on and yes none of us want it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Manual tracing is better than nothing but by the time the "probing" is done, the virus will have had opportunities to infect the second batch. This is a basic problem with speed and can only be efficiently solved with technology and strict enforcement. And then we hit privacy concerns. We're destined for yo-yo outbreaks and lockdowns.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-how-to-do-testing-and-contact-tracing-bde85b64072e

0*GNQf6oaKSBrn2AZ3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

I assume then from your comments, 'Prachachuen area,' is part of Bangkok?

It doesn't tell us in the article itself - too often in Bangkok-orientated articles, they assume every knows where it is.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

This is a basic problem with speed and can only be efficiently solved with technology and strict enforcement. And then we hit privacy concerns. We're destined for yo-yo outbreaks and lockdowns.

Good Lord above, sounds like you still believe that this is actually about "saving lives" and protecting the population surely not?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

Good Lord above, sounds like you still believe that this is actually about "saving lives" and protecting the population surely not?

Typical despotic society. Anyone who has any miniscule authority trying to show how good its job performance is to higher authority will go overbearing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Retarded said:

Typical despotic society. Anyone who has any miniscule authority trying to show how good its job performance is to higher authority will go overbearing. 

Which was an expected result of the ongoing "social engineering" that "was" backed up by extremely dubious numbers that already don't stand up to scrutiny!

The "Orwellian" Police force was doubtless engineered into the equation! or in other words - we were rigorously made love too by a multitude of women's private parts.

Not a shot was fired and we never got a kiss - suckered! 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, CGW said:

Depends, the doctors are not on a power trip, but the utterly useless usurpers are salivating on the thought of going full on CCP, aided by their Northern Masters.

6 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

herd immunity = at least 60-80 percent must "get" this and than we are safe...

There's no indication yet that recovering gives long term immunity. Most guesses are in 3-4 month range. Meaning it'd be endemic and seasonal until there's a vaccine.

Besides that, getting to those percentages takes 1-1 1/2 years. Check the latest numbers from Stockholm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Tis inevitable that we all be infected with this virus as all the phases release the population back into mainstream society, we might be immune to it when the herd immunity takes control, just keep living and taking care to stay your distance, wash hands, wear a mask and sanitize, life goes on and yes none of us want it.

Unless of course you and/or those near you die from infection.

Currently there is no clinical proof that getting a covid19 infection provides any degree of immunity from reinfection. There is also no certainty that if immunity does occur as to how long it remains in effect. The Common Cold form of coronavirus is an example of immunity failure.

Clinical trials now in progress. 

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

There's no indication yet that recovering gives long term immunity. Most guesses are in 3-4 month range. Meaning it'd be endemic and seasonal until there's a vaccine.

Besides that, getting to those percentages takes 1-1 1/2 years. Check the latest numbers from Stockholm.

Does that mean there is no indication that it doesn't give you long term immunity. Most Guesses are just that guesses. Meaning nothing.

6 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Good Lord above!

Another conspiracy theorist.

Give it a rest...……. Please!

Good Lord above!

Another sheep bleats from the pen!

Give it a rest - please with your pathetic "conspiracy theorist" remarks, they are reserved for sheep, your better than that? ????

I am entitled to my opinion, thank you ????

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dionigi said:

Does that mean there is no indication that it doesn't give you long term immunity. Most Guesses are just that guesses. Meaning nothing.

There's some emerging information now:

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/25/covid-19-immunity-to-coronaviruses-may-only-last-just-six-months-says-new-study

The study monitored 10 men over 35 years to determine antibody levels following infection for any of the four seasonal human coronaviruses.

These men, then aged 27 to 40-year old, were tested at either three or six months intervals.

Researchers found that there was an "alarmingly short duration of protective immunity to coronaviruses" with scientists noting "frequent reinfections at 12 months post-infection and substantial reduction in antibody levels as soon as 6 months post-infection".

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341467148_Human_coronavirus_reinfection_dynamics_lessons_for_SARS-CoV-2

It's still early stages, but would not be surprising. Other coronaviruses cause common cold for which one does not develop long immunity against.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, DrTuner said:

if it is seasonal or you can get re-infected,  then NO VACCINE will work

they tried with original SARS and the result were CYTOKINE STORMS when the patients or test animals were in contact with the real virus ...

10 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

if it is seasonal or you can get re-infected,  then NO VACCINE will work

they tried with original SARS and the result were CYTOKINE STORMS when the patients or test animals were in contact with the real virus ...

I'm not aware of any clinical trials for SARS-CoV vaccines, got links? IIRC the epidemic petered out before they could conduct any tests.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:49 PM, bluesofa said:

I assume then from your comments, 'Prachachuen area,' is part of Bangkok?

It doesn't tell us in the article itself - too often in Bangkok-orientated articles, they assume every knows where it is.

It's near the Chaeng wattana immigration..