Thailand to drive domestic tourism as economy rides out drop in foreign visitors

snoop1130

I am surprised to note Thai Airways web - page is closed so it's not possible to make a booking for later this year or next year or any other time ?

I know the Company is in financial strife but surely they should be promoting a product somewhere ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cracker1 said:

I am surprised to note Thai Airways web - page is closed so it's not possible to make a booking for later this year or next year or any other time ?

I know the Company is in financial strife but surely they should be promoting a product somewhere ?

I heard that they had gone bankrupt and the country is heading that way as well factories are closing or moving to neighbouring countries another major car manufacture is closing up shop there are millions unemployed and I would be amazed if foreign tourism was back up and running this year . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abs14 said:

Stayed in plenty of nice places for far less than the 4k previously mentioned.

Average 4k? I think not 1.5-2k possibly.

Yes I agree. You can get a decent room for 2000 Baht. But the 400 Baht that the previous poster mentioned gets you a shoebox with a 1980's TV and a wardrobe that looks like a Chinese copy of MFI's factory seconds.

My point was that someone who pays 4k doesn't necessarily have "more money than sense" as the previous poster implied.

• Like 1