World is going to <deleted> - where's the safest place to be?

simon43

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Just watch out for fires, earthquakes and volcanoes. :whistling:

As beautiful as NZ is, think the op is more of the Asia persuasion... don't think I could handle the West for the rest of my days either. Reckon Laos is a pretty good bet, if a little boring. Having said that, when the Chinese really go for it, pretty much all of SEA is going to be appropriated, no?

Me too, dont think i could ever want to return to australia.

da nang or somewhere similar in vietnam for me.

• Like 2

North of Laos would be occupied by Chinese quickly, that aside in times of real misery locals would come after the riches of foreigners first. 
So basically, you not wanna be in like Asia if you are not Asian looking, it is hard to blend in... 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, blackcab said:

The safest place I know is the Thai Visa operations room. When I was made a mod I had to meet someone at the Mandarin Oriental who gave me a folder which had the exact location in it, along with my access codes.

And the folder was full of Sizzler voucher codes.    

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sujo said:

Fiji didnt seem to get hit by the virus.

NZ is pretty much in the clear, also far out of the way from troubles, plus its a beautiful country. But take warm clothes.

Im not moving from SE asia though.

No one but NZ citizens get in, and they have to do 14 days quarantine.

The economy is probably screwed too.

Don't expect cheap property either.

If China is going to kick anything off, IMO it'll be while the west is obsessed with Corona.

I would say Thailand is toward the top now for overall.

Low cases, lower rents, restaurant specials, golf discounts, lady discounts, etc.

In a way a window of opportunity to enjoy it with much less crowds if you live here.

Sad though businesses hurting big time.

• Like 1

You are only safe anywhere for the moment...always subject to change.

Me...charcoal grilled dogs, burgers. wings, ribs, link sausage, and pork chops...yesterday...ate a sampling...ziplock bagged the rest for future use...

Garden is looking good...plenty of coffee, wine, cokes, milk, bread, and paper product...

Cell has internet...have hundreds of satellite channels full of movies, news, and sports...PS3 & games for extra entertainment. 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what the crazy as hell world leaders do to make themselves feel important. 

Such a prescient post from the poster, and so timely as well.

Historically, plagues have presaged worldwide cataclysm.

And, historically, we do know that Cataclysm is the CCP's middle name.

I will be no surprise if the Middle Kingdom under it's present despot leads us to slaughter.

I try not to dwell too much on such thoughts.

And so, I do not mull about escape or safe retreats.

Instead, I want to die happy.

This is why I have chosen Chiang Mai.

When they drop the big one this is where I choose to be.

HK is finished, Xi is seeing to that.

I would not go to Hong Kong because, as I say, I want to die happy.

When the CCP came marching in, I marched out.

Xi is now feeling his oats, now that he thinks everybody's thoughts are diverted by the plague upon the world.

We had better watch out.

Soon, we could be watching refugees from HK.

All countries should open their borders to the good people from Hong Kong.

Hong Kong people are hard working and friendly. They are amusing and erudite.

Any country would be grateful to have more people like Hong Kongers.

But I will not be going to Hong Kong now.

Too much Xi in Hong Kong for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

You are only safe anywhere for the moment...always subject to change.

Me...charcoal grilled dogs, burgers. wings, ribs, link sausage, and pork chops...yesterday...ate a sampling...ziplock bagged the rest for future use...

Garden is looking good...plenty of coffee, wine, cokes, milk, bread, and paper product...

Cell has internet...have hundreds of satellite channels full of movies, news, and sports...PS3 & games for extra entertainment. 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what the crazy as hell world leaders do to make themselves feel important. 

It's reassuring to know that the "for the moment" attitudes learned long ago in a Soi Buakhao fan room live on and have found new applications.  

But far as I see nobody here has a chance. None of the usual experts on Thai solutions have shown up in the thread it seems to give the definitive word. Here ya go. Do it RIGHT. 

https://terravivos.com/

https://risingsbunkers.com/

One major problem is that of ensuring your compatibility with your fellow survivalists. Would they get bored by the constant repetition of your fave topics and and never-changing observations on those topics? Here the best hope for posters in the Pattaya forum will be to see if they can't reserve a space in the bunker currently being constructed under Pratumnak Hill. There the discussion will continue thru the millennia.

image.png.dfd671e57bf9088c1d3be9dceafabaa9.png

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

are you Caucasian?

you will be shot on sight by the Chinese soldiers.

Idaho, Montana.

I had to think long and hard before selling all my survival property and supplies in Montana.

I had that place while I was living in Los Angeles.

but in the end Thailand won out. I still have enough cash to get back to the USA and buy a small cabin. on maybe 10 acres.

assuming there will be enough warning and flights before the war begins. 

actually the pandemic has me thinking about something i swore i would never do and that is go back to the USA and buy a house.  

Perhaps you should avoid Montana if you do return to "safety" in the USA.  See below for nuclear missile sites in Montana:  10th Missile Squadron - Missile Alert Facilities and Launch Facilities.

1024px-10th_Missile_Squadron_-_ALL.png

Edited by LarryLEB
  • Like 2