World is going to <deleted> - where's the safest place to be?

simon43

On 5/25/2020 at 9:45 PM, Sujo said:

Fiji didnt seem to get hit by the virus.

NZ is pretty much in the clear, also far out of the way from troubles, plus its a beautiful country. But take warm clothes.

Im not moving from SE asia though.

Fiji is indeed in lockdown. There are 2 you tube travel vloggers stuck there.

“gone with the wynns” is their vlog on you tube.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:52 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

According to Dominic Cummings, County Durham, UK, safe as houses there.

Just to be extra cautious he then went to check out that castle with the family. That was his plan B if things got worse. Maybe they will end up putting him in the castle anyway.

34 minutes ago, DaLa said:

So I started to dig here at my place in Nonthaburi but hit the water table at about a depth of 60cm.  Back to the drawing board.

Nontaburi right next to the river. 

Piece of pisz. Dig deep hole, buy or make fibreglass bunker. Fill bunker with water and drop into the hole. Cover fibreglass with calculated amount of concrete to stop flotation. Pump out and bob's your father's brother. 

My parents contractor had a similar problem with a septic tank except he poured the driveway prematurely! Without said calculation. Next morning.......

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, torturedsole said:

In a box under the stairs, surrounded by fizzy drinks and snacks.  I think you could keep going for at least six months if motivated.  Take an iPad as well.  

don't forget to bring k.motivation, a lot of books and a solar powered reading light or both.
Alternatively, try this to keep k. motivation focused:
[Verse 1]
Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
And let me see what spring is like
On a-Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

[Verse 2]
Fill my heart with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Edited by KKr

On 5/26/2020 at 6:52 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

According to Dominic Cummings, County Durham, UK, safe as houses there.

Police enquiries started apparently. 
Glass houses are not safe, and the glass house roles need to be lived up to.

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

If everything went to <deleted>, possibly one of the last places on earth i would want to be would be the US. Every Tom, Dick and Harry would be parading around their arsenal....

I don’t think anyone could take USA on land in USA Guerrilla tactics like American Revolution    

6 hours ago, DaLa said:

Back in blighty, I had an air raid shelter at the bottom of the garden and thought maybe that would be quite useful here. The US were off target in Vietnam and Laos suffered, so in case they try to finish off Laos and miss again.  I also recovered a few WW2 gas masks and once I've removed the asbestos from them they should protect me from Covid-20.

So I started to dig here at my place in Nonthaburi but hit the water table at about a depth of 60cm.  Back to the drawing board.

Off target Geezus , secret War , Secret Bombing Vientienne was CIA spook City Russian , E German , ofc Target my god open a book 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, mpyre said:

Rural Vermont, USA...small farm, spring-fed well, crops, solar, and 3 hours from Boston and Montreal, and 5 from New York...small towns and reasonable people. So if Thailand or circumstances ever send me packing...

But if I had to do it again,  I'd choose western South Dakota or Wyoming...or maybe Uruguay ????

IMG_20180731_111602602_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180731_111602602_HDR.jpg

As a South Dakotan the Black Hills ain't a bad place to hunker down.

As for Wyoming, thats a place, with the exception of Cheyanne you really need to polish your 'living off the grid' skills.

It reminded me of the TV show Jericho, where the US had been devastated by a series of nuclear explosions.

There was a reason Cheyanne became the capital of the Federated States of America!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

As a South Dakotan the Black Hills ain't a bad place to hunker down.

As for Wyoming, thats a place, with the exception of Cheyanne you really need to polish your 'living off the grid' skills.

It reminded me of the TV show Jericho, where the US had been devastated by a series of nuclear explosions.

There was a reason Cheyanne became the capital of the Federated States of America!

The Wyoming side of the Black Hills and around Devil's Tower is nice. Spearfish Canyon is awesome but no direct sunlight months a year as it is a box canyon. Somewhere just below the Black Hills in the red colored bad lands where there are still some trees would be a great compromise. Mild in the winter.

The Wyoming side used to be cheaper and overlooked not sure if that's the case now. But yeah the Black Hills are a great place and hopefully Californians don't know about them yet. 

• Like 1