NGOs in Pattaya - List me what to choice from.

oMega69

16 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

If you are thinking about volunteering for something, be careful.

Technically in Thailand if you are volunteering to work for some organization, that is considered "work" and you need to have the proper Visa and Work Permit.

After the Tsunami in 2004, a lot of people poured into Phuket to work for various organizations. About 6 weeks (?) later, the government announced that those people would have to start getting work permits because they were taking jobs away from Thai people.

Don't rely on "Well I heard this" or "Someone said that" kind of anecdotal "proof" that you don't need a work permit. All it takes is for one person to have a bug up their butt and report you. If Immigration comes along and decides that you are working illegally (even if you aren't being paid and it's for a "charity") you could be arrested and deported.

Think about it. They bust and deport bar owners for serving a beer in their own bar ! 

Make sure you know, for certain, before you start. Any reputable NGO should also know the rules and be able to tell you.

Have you tried a Google Search for NGOs in Pattaya ?

You are right the OP would be wise to take note, I know of some guys came here working as volunteers after the tsunami were made to get W/P

2 hours ago, thurien said:

if you want to drive a posh 6cyl. SUV and enjoy a good salary, pleasant work hours then you should go to Khmer: There is a whole bunch of them NGOs looking after the well- being of the Cambodians (and after their own...)

Thats just a stupid general statement. Have you worked there as an ngo?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sujo said:

Thats just a stupid general statement. Have you worked there as an ngo?

I haven't either but I agree with his comment. Never have I seen so many Range rovers and Lexus RX in one place never mind in among so much poverty.

• Thanks 2