Need Break From BKK. Where Can I Go?

I'd like to take a break from BKK for a week or two. I'll most likely rent a car. Can anyone confirm places I can go without being hassled or blocked? (Roads to take?) And then stay in a hotel, find places to eat. (But I guess no bars until maybe June 15.) For example, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Ko Samui (fly), etc. (If there's already a post about this, link please?) Thx.

CM is still pretty quiet - for a place w/not much covid, it is slow to open up but I guess not many tourists walking the streets so, why bother... maybe a great time to hit a place like koh chang and enjoy the beach w/few tourists.. if you can find a hotel.

Drive in daylight to avoid problems with checkpoints. 

Go to pattaya/ jomtien go to hua hin or prachuap, i had no problems with checkpoints. 7 to pattaya, rama 2 then highway 4 to hua hin / prachuap.

I dont know how the hotels are in pattaya, but some restaurants are open.

Not a lot of custom and expect  reasonably separate from other tables. Limited hours.

Pattaya beaches closed. May be better to go hua hin if open.

For car hire check economycar rentals. I got  a real bargain last week, 7 days for 2500 baht - nissan almera. They dont tell you where the rental is from. Mine when cinfirmed was "drive" rental. Turns out it is a subsidiary of national. I picked up from national rent a car.

Pick up was at srinakarin 727 at/behind nissan dealer. If you get the same, This is not too bad to get to. Taxi cost just over 100 baht from klongtoey.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, OliverKlozerof said:

Ko Samui (fly)

Bangkok Air fly twice a day now, 4 times af day from June 1st; one-way for 2,300 baht.

Major hotels on Samui are closed – and so is Chaweng Beach – but many smaller resorts are open, and also local restaurants, and it's not too crowded on the beaches, but there are still some foreigners.

????

Thanks for the info people. I was in Hua Hin a couple months ago and quite enjoyed it. Since it sounds like getting there and finding room and food shouldn't be too hard, I may do that again. There's a small car rental place near me where I've been going recently with competitive pricing.