THAI gets 4 new directors ahead of bankruptcy restructuring

webfact

THAI gets 4 new directors ahead of bankruptcy restructuring

By THE NATION

800_a7b12f95804a226.jpg?v=1590409771

Debt-ridden Thai Airways International appointed four new directors, effective immediately, at its extraordinary board meeting today (May 25), according to its filing to the Stock Exchange of Thailand. Among them is former THAI president, Piyasvasti Amranand, who replaced Sirikul Laukaikul as a board member.

Another is former PTT chief executive officer Pailin Chuchottaworn, who replaced Pratana Mongkolkul.

The other two are Pirapan Salirathavibhaga, replacing Pitipan Tepartimargorn, and Boontuck Wuncharoen, replacing Pinit Puapan.

Separately, a THAI filing this morning confirmed that the Finance Ministry reduced its shareholding in the national carrier to below 50 per cent on May 22 by selling 3.17 per cent to Vayupak Fund 1. THAI thus lost its status as a state-run enterprise.

The government is moving to restructure the airline, which has debts of Bt200 billion, under formal bankruptcy protection.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30388485

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Pirapan Salirathavibhaga - Former justice minister. Owns three flight simulators so he's got a lot of experince with aircraft. :whistling:

So no conflict of business interests there then!

I wonder how long he (as the owner of three flight simulators) has been angling to get onto the board?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not so against the appointment of the former PTT Pcl CEO.. In part because businesses like PTT and TG share a fair bit of similarities in terms of size, scope transnational operations, etc... so, on the surface of it, I can't say that someone with the credentials of having run PTT (and to be fair, PTT does appear to operate fairly well from a performance basis alone) would overtly be a bad choice... but.. having come from PTT does not alone mean he will be a success.. but I do think that someone who did have that type of background would be more probable to success than not. 

Others I think may be more debatable..   What I think they really need is a true "operations" guy/gal.. either at the COO or at minimum SVP/EVP level... someone who has come up from the ranks with a carrier or carriers or has at least some true operational experience with carriers of Thais size and network organization.

19 hours ago, new2here said:

I'm not so against the appointment of the former PTT Pcl CEO.. In part because businesses like PTT and TG share a fair bit of similarities in terms of size, scope transnational operations, etc... so, on the surface of it, I can't say that someone with the credentials of having run PTT (and to be fair, PTT does appear to operate fairly well from a performance basis alone) would overtly be a bad choice... but.. having come from PTT does not alone mean he will be a success.. but I do think that someone who did have that type of background would be more probable to success than not. 

Others I think may be more debatable..   What I think they really need is a true "operations" guy/gal.. either at the COO or at minimum SVP/EVP level... someone who has come up from the ranks with a carrier or carriers or has at least some true operational experience with carriers of Thais size and network organization.

This could be the guy

Michael Crawford as Frank from "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. In this ...