BANGKOK
webfact

WHO pauses trial of hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients due to safety concerns

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

China has granted a doubling of US withdrawn funding over the next two years for WHO totalling two billion dollars.

China is not funding WHO 2 billion dollars over 2 years. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Yes the risks are well known. Ten years ago I was about to depart on a backpacking trip around SE Asia. I saw my GP regarding possible vaccinations for the trip. I mentioned hydroxychloroquine to him for a malaria preventative. He hit the roof saying that I would be in more danger from the hydroxychloroquine than malaria. Refused me a prescription point blank.

Ten years ago hydroxychloroquine was not being used a a malaria prevention in SEA. Since Plasmodium falciparium is resistant this drug is not in use. Malaria is no longer a problem in Thailand except in mountainous border areas, your physician was wise to not prescribe. BTbe W seeing a ID physician and travel me clinic would better than seeing a GP for tropical disease advice.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Let's not forget that even with these and other warnings on hydroxychlorlquine  President Trump's VA, has been doing live testing with our captive veteran population in VA Hospitals:

VA.png.cef219a0016133b575d80e4a8c6fc12e.png

source: https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2020/04/29/va-defends-use-of-unproven-malaria-drug-on-veterans-for-coronavirus/

Or maybe this headline is more impressive, juxtaposed with the WHO announcement :

headline.png.c4b9316e56215f6b9e2e8d73d7123a44.png

Edited by Langsuan Man
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1