Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

If one is outside wearing a mask is useless, indoor, wearing a mask is definitely a must,

as long as one is not touching the mouth and nose and then touch what ever is on display, in this case

the mask becomes useless also!

2 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

If one is outside wearing a mask is useless, indoor, wearing a mask is definitely a must,

as long as one is not touching the mouth and nose and then touch what ever is on display, in this case

the mask becomes useless also!

Rubbish.

Edited by jacko45k

20 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well the world renowned, world famous,fabulously intelligent, redwood1 says the masks are dumb.....no studies can ever top this bit of wisdom..

He said that his men and the local authority have the power to act if people are not wearing masks or are congregating in groups that contravene the regulations. 

On 6/4/2020 at 8:49 PM, redwood1 said:

Well the world renowned, world famous,fabulously intelligent, redwood1 says the masks are dumb.....no studies can ever top this bit of wisdom..

Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-said-us-govt-held-154828784.html

Fact check: Cloth masks — homemade and not — do offer protection against COVID-19

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-cloth-masks-homemade-222429633.html

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:39 AM, jacko45k said:

Oh get real. I expect further relaxations coming this weekend, all because of the earlier actions and the now low levels of Chinese Covid in Thailand. 

Mask wearing in Thailand is already diminishing and near zero in rural areas..... 

This post didn't age well

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2020 at 6:53 AM, Throatwobbler said:

Masks have been here in Thailand long before Covid and they will be here long after Covid has gone. I know you want to get caught up in your dystopian fantasies but it is all getting rather boring now.

It was never mandatory before

On 5/26/2020 at 8:16 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Here is the logic, He does not understand he is not infected or possibly an asymptomatic carrier, he may feel just fine, but so did the Italian in Phuket, so unless the man has gone through the numerous testing process and can prove he is not sick then he still possesses the possibility of being infected.

Does the term "Innocent until proven guilty" mean anything to you? It's morally wrong to lockdown billions of people because the might do something.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 8:57 AM, lensta said:

I agree with you that if the owners of shops etc stipulate that condition of entry is to wear a mask, then if you want to go in, wear a mask. However, people are responsible for their own safety, if they are paranoid about this virus, it is up to them to take what ever precautions that make them feel safe.

Shops are private property. They have the right to demand customers to wear muzzles, and I have the right to avoid them. Markets are s diffrent story because they are on public property. No one has the right to make me wear a mask on a market.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:51 PM, Jingthing said:

Never mind that there is very strong scientific evidence by now that massive mask wearing is very effective in reducing the spread of the deadly virus.

Except when you are in the Police and are called to handle a situation such as this and you turn up wearing your mask as did one of them.  Or was he making a statement that he is in agreement with the man but his nose is within striking distance of any phlegm, drops, droplets, or aerosols spewing from the man's mouth?

'nuf sed.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:16 AM, sahibji said:

there is no shortage of idiots world wide.a person of this kind who does not conform to the rules of the land should be blacklisted and deported from thailand. he is a hazard to the welfare of the country.

Its not "the law of the land". It's the law of the globalists. And Prayut is owned by those globalists, https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395174

On 5/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, ThailandRyan said:

As a retired law Enforcement Officer we had a few very large communities of them in California.  They were very dangerous people.  All reminded me of a rabid dog that would even turn on its own breed...They are called Sovereign Citizens, and they read into the constitution what they want it to say as far as what they do believe in.  In essence they have their own flawed way of seeing how laws work. It's a little imaginary land where whatever they think is what the rules become

Do you have a problem with the 1st and 2nd amendments?

7 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

This post didn't age well

Yes they are still common on Pattaya and Bangkok but now we see odd people in the streets without. I also noticed yesterday the place I often have a coffee has removed the large Xs on the tables that distance customers.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:54 AM, Srikcir said:

'it's my right'

Thailand extended the country's state of emergency until end of June. That empowers Thai authorities to extend their authority under the Communicable Disease Control Act to adopt measures to curb the spread of infectious diseases, ie., require mask in certain situations.

So no, he has no legal right in this case to be without a mask. Person should be found and restrained, tested for the covid virus, etc. Depending on his legal status in Thailand, consider deporting him.

Please point me to a country without these ridiculous covid rules?

On 5/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, mrfill said:

Not at all. Wearing shorts is not illegal. By 'looking presentable' you mean, complying with the temple rules. Some people may think they look perfectly presentable in their shorts (say, part of a safari suit) but they would still be going against the temple rules.

The market in question has a rule saying masks must be worn. If you want to go there, you follow the market rules.

If you are not wearing a mask you cannot visit that market.

If you are wearing shorts you cannot visit the temple.

markets are in the public space. They have no right to force their rules onto me.

• Confused 1