Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

Thaivisa notes that while it is not illegal to be out without a face mask a condition of entry to places like markets is dependent on wearing a mask.

Excuse me ThaiVisa is incorrect. In some provinces you must wear a mask in public. Pattaya is one of them.

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robblok said:

No its not got plenty of foreign guys here finding ways not to use a mask and endanger others not input contact details as required. Saying the system is useless but at the same time worrying that its used to track them (how can a system be worthless on one side while work perfectly to track them)

Its a rule to wear masks at markets so just do it its not that hard to do. 

I agree with you that if the owners of shops etc stipulate that condition of entry is to wear a mask, then if you want to go in, wear a mask. However, people are responsible for their own safety, if they are paranoid about this virus, it is up to them to take what ever precautions that make them feel safe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well New Zeeland and Australia must be stupid countries then

nobody wears a mask and it is not recommended by

health authorities and they have the lowest infection rate.

In Australia, the current advice from the Federal Government is that the majority of people won't benefit from wearing a surgical mask and if you're well, you don't need one.

But they do say that if you are sick or caring for someone that is then you should wear a mask. Question is, how do you know if you have it. One woman was on the ruby princess and was negative and 10:weeks later positive. Authorities say it is highly unlikely she got in that time, but actually had it when negative and its just come out.

So if you only need to wear it when sick and you cannot know you are sick then logic indicates you should wear it.

They also have other measures and generally people abide by it.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

it is hard trying to think like a thai

Many farangs are more stupid

Yesterday at Topps here in Jomtien, just meters from entrance was a Russian, mask down below his nose. At entrance required to sign in, have temp checked and wear a mask. I said and indicated he needed to pull up above nose. He of course gave me some verbal abuse. Within easy eyesight of staff & they were doing nothing. Decided not to tell staff and just thought "oh well". Couple weeks before almost got beat up by Russian I (somewhat stridently) told dudes to put on masks.

Did see him later in store and had pulled mask up by then. These fragile male egos that get in a huff when someone reminds them to do the right thing are so tiresome. 

14 minutes ago, Moouan said:

Is that any different to smoking in a public place or maybe even driving? Don't want an argument, just playing devils advocate.????

Yes, you wont get lung cancer from the smoke of someone you go near one time. For cars, there are laws n who can drive them and the rules of the road, like distancing. 

29 minutes ago, Terek said:

good that Thai people also start to wake up, totalitarian rules have no place in any society, fear is not right emotion to follow, these who fear can do it at home under bed ....

wearing a mask is a minor one 

all the bans and curfews - now that is totalitarian to the extreme

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, solent01 said:

So many expat sheeple on this forum...... bet you would all take the vaccine too when it rolls out......

I've got a bridge for sale, it's going cheap......

Bridge not allowed here!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lensta said:

I agree with you that if the owners of shops etc stipulate that condition of entry is to wear a mask, then if you want to go in, wear a mask. However, people are responsible for their own safety, if they are paranoid about this virus, it is up to them to take what ever precautions that make them feel safe.

The primary reason for wearing a mask is to make others feel safe, not yourself. Are you suggesting that in order for them to be safe and it being their responsibility, they should come up to you and nail a mask on your face?

2 minutes ago, solent01 said:

So many expat sheeple on this forum...... bet you would all take the vaccine too when it rolls out......

I've got a bridge for sale, it's going cheap...…

Instant surefire code "word" not to take a comment seriously -- sheeple. 

The sheer and total idiocy of that word.

Words such as "sheeple" are "buzzwords." They are newly coined words, which people use to sound witty and well-informed, and to put down their opponents without the need for a good argument

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-examples-of-words-like-sheeple-that-immediately-identify-the-utterer-as-having-a-particular-point-of-view?share=1

• Like 2

there is no shortage of idiots world wide.a person of this kind who does not conform to the rules of the land should be blacklisted and deported from thailand. he is a hazard to the welfare of the country.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

It is not up to you to tell people to "put on masks"

If you were to tell me, I wouldn't almost beat you up, but I'd tell you, in no uncertain terms, to mind your own business.

Yes, it is the staff's job.

Probably wiser to inform the staff and if they don't act report them to their employers.

That said, I think Russian's bark is usually bigger than their bite.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

Thaivisa notes that while it is not illegal to be out without a face mask a condition of entry to places like markets is dependent on wearing a mask.

Sorry ThaiVisa is wrong. Some Provinces have required that face masks be worn in Public ,Pattaya is one of them. Also stores and markets are private property and can require you to obey certain rules if you wish to enter.

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

More recently, some provincial governors in Thailand have ordered mandatory mask-wearing in public during the outbreak. The governors of Samut Sakhon, Phuket and Chanthaburi ,ChonBuri , Ayutthya– empowered by the Emergency Decree invoked last month by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha – have ordered people to cover their faces while in public or face a fine of up to Bt20,000.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1895595/frenchman-caught-without-mask-in-phuket

In Bangkok must wear face mask in Skytrain, Subways and Buses or you will not be allowed on. All the 7-11, Big C , Tesco, Macro ,supermarkets ,restaurants ect near me have ordered people to wear  masks to enter. Also have scaning code to enter or sign in with name address time in/out phone number.

Dr. Birx said there's 'clear scientific evidence' masks help.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-birx-said-theres-clear-214422543.html

Edited by Tony125

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

that is not correct, example - average of all deaths recorded in the UK over the last 5 years for March April May have increased by near enough the numbers of those reported deaths due to CV-19 - I researched it, the data is freely available on the ONS website 

hi smedly the situation is different from your viewpoint to which you are entitled. world wide deaths resulting from corona infection are a testimony of what i am saying.

3 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

It would be an interesting statistic to know how many new cases were of people who wore masks. I bet the numbers would put an end to the masks protect lobby. 

Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a ‘big mistake,’ top Chinese scientist says

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/not-wearing-masks-protect-against-coronavirus-big-mistake-top-chinese-scientist-says

Dr. Birx (USA) said there's 'clear scientific evidence' masks help.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-birx-said-theres-clear-214422543.html

Masks help stop the spread of coronavirus – the science is simple 

https://theconversation.com/masks-help-stop-the-spread-of-coronavirus-the-science-is-simple-and-im-one-of-100-experts-urging-governors-to-require-public-mask-wearing-138507

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No.

It is not correct.

He may not feel sick.

But he still might be infected.

Which means he would then be infecting others.

Wearing a mask reduces the chances of that.

Legal or not, he has no moral or ethical "right" to do that.

Of course he does, it's called natural law or common law which over rides anything Gates and his cronies make up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

did any sick patient, had his blood tested and did they find the COVID19 virus inside the bloodwork or just a usual PCR tested, where the inventor said it should never been used to test for virus, that has to be magnified 48 times to find a FRAGMENT of what they are testing for,  not the DNA of Covid19

did they ever take the blood of a covid19 patient, inject it in an animal to see if it got sick ?

Most people won't think they are sick at the initial stages of infection so he needs to be educated.

The real problem is buying those surgical masks which is water-proof. I have been searching at a lot of places and they are all not sold. They only have those cloth masks which are useless anyway.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Most people won't think they are sick at the initial stages of infection so he needs to be educated.

The real problem is buying those surgical masks which is water-proof. I have been searching at a lot of places and they are all not sold. They only have those cloth masks which are useless anyway.

Try lazada.com.

I use surgical masks.

Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't but I've managed to secure a stash.

Two times orders were cancelled with no explanation after waiting for weeks though.