Pattaya: "I'm not sick and it's my right not to wear a mask" - Thai man makes a video stand at market

webfact

11 minutes ago, Syduan said:

Of course he does, it's called natural law or common law which over rides anything Gates and his cronies make up. 

Wow you must be an anarchist.  You want to tell us how and why you believe and feel it is your right to defy a lawful order? Your just like the fools in the US that say the federal government is illegal and they can make there own country within the US boundaries, drive unlicensed cars, and do whatever they want....

• Thanks 1

The guy is just following "advice" from the WHO.

who-face-mask.jpg.d5acc733ca1feec7279a980fd00a180c.jpg

They even have a video saying you don't need to wear a mask if you don't feel sick..

That video was posted in March 2020 despite mounting evidence face masks are effective (as long as enough people wear them), and still not taken down. Google is still spreading WHO information that does not look based on facts and evidence.

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Source?

Good question? Just another typical bull**** post from the web . Perhaps if it  was actually true the nurses doing 12hr shifts would all be dead by now. 

Why is that friends from a certain country are so totally obsessed with their human rights- surely it’s quite sensible to wear a mask - what harm does it do complying with local rules 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

This man was absolutely correct.

Nice to see a Thai take a stand. Well done.

The healthy non-infected can not infect anyone.

If he lives with a large family and saw that nobody had Covid19 symptoms he probably deduced, correctly, that he is not infected.

Most people are not infected of course.

If someone tries to impose any measure on you, the burden of proof should be on them to show someone is sick and infected.

If they are they absolutely should wear a mask. If they're not it's perfectly pointless.

How did he know he wasn't a carrier...?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Most people won't think they are sick at the initial stages of infection so he needs to be educated.

The real problem is buying those surgical masks which is water-proof. I have been searching at a lot of places and they are all not sold. They only have those cloth masks which are useless anyway.

Try Banggood.com web site or 7--11 sells the one in photo. Left corner states liquid repellent = water proof. Have also seen them in Tesco and Big C.  Any type mask offers some protection.

101291023_567912374140913_1427837525090631680_n.jpg

5 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Yes, fully agree, curfews, lockdowns, beach ban, alcohol ban, it‘s really hard to come up with such stupid measures. But do not underestimate them, they managed to do it! 

However, please don‘t be racist, there is no reason. Just look at the stupid nonsense Neil Fergusson (Professor Lockdown) came up with, flawed models, totally wrong coding, and so on. 

On the other side look at this Thai, he understood that if he is not sick he cannot infect anyone, which is absolutely logic and indisputable correct.

So please do not engage in racism and Thai bashing.

How do you (or he) know he is not sick? I very much doubt that he has been tested, in which case he does not know if he is asymptomatic. Hard to understand how there can be anyone left on this planet who does not understand that concept by now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Another mad as a box of frogs conspiracy theorist appears as if by magic. Where does TVF get these people from, I rarely meet them in the real world, if ever.

"Where does TVF get these people from"  Recruiters that's who.  They troll all the places Foreigners hang out, temples,  libraries,  elephant villages,  schools To get the very best of the worst.  How were you recruited? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Grumpy John said:

"Where does TVF get these people from"  Recruiters that's who.  They troll all the places Foreigners hang out, temples,  libraries,  elephant villages,  schools To get the very best of the worst.  How were you recruited? 

Would rather know how you joined TVF as you seem to know the setup......????

43 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

You don't know if he just had a covid test and was negative. 

Looking at him in the photo, and based on Thailand’s criteria for testing, do you really think he had just been tested? I don’t know for sure the sun will set tonight and rise again tomorrow morning, but even 1 ounce of common sense suggests it might and that same 1 ounce of common sense suggests that guy wasn’t just tested for covid. But I suppose you would ask me how I know the sun will both set and rise. Smh.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As a retired law Enforcement Officer we had a few very large communities of them in California.  They were very dangerous people.  All reminded me of a rabid dog that would even turn on its own breed...They are called Sovereign Citizens, and they read into the constitution what they want it to say as far as what they do believe in.  In essence they have their own flawed way of seeing how laws work. It's a little imaginary land where whatever they think is what the rules become

Then it won't surprise you to learn that @Syduan allegedly runs a worm farm in Kanchanaburi,

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, martinhp said:

Yes he have if you don't like it stay home and close your door. 

And stop predating on others about normal behaviour

that is what is sick. 

You and your likes have to grow up 

Learn how to take care of yourself 

You and your likes seams to know everything about covid 19 so live by this knowledge and leave the rest of us alone. 

Where is your cave situated......?   ????

• Sad 1

Good on you sir, I'm for you having your civil right to say no to a mask, well as long as you are not infected with covid 19 but its ok if you have the new and old flu virus, bronchitis, TB, and or leprosy, then you wont need a mask, please excuse the spelling if wrong.

Hey dont get me wrong I'm a law abider but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

It is not up to you to tell people to "put on masks"

If you were to tell me, I wouldn't almost beat you up, but I'd tell you, in no uncertain terms, to mind your own business.

It's called social pressure. If we depended on police to do the only policing, getting people to do the right thing, it would be a sorry state of affairs. Didn't your mother teach you anything?

When your selfish shortsighted behavior can lead to my injury and possible death, yes it is my business. You want to kill yourself, fine if it only kills you. Shoot yourself, dive off balcony (check for pedestrians first), pills, drink bleach, whatever, it's your funeral.

You might get it and not die. Good for you. Others may get it from you who do die. Folks with weakened immune systems due to AIDS, cancer treatment, etc, any number of reasons.

In no uncertain terms, a pandemic is everyone's business

"What did you do during the great pandemic, daddy?" "I ignored guidelines, couldn't suffer slight inconvenience of wearing a mask" "Daddy is that why grandma is no longer alive? Didn't she die during that period?" "You ask too many questions. Go watch TV."

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Plenty of illogical and stubborn folks in every country/society.

Many in my western family abroad and amongst my old western work colleagues, and many in my Thai relatives and work colleagues in LOS.

Normal.

I agree. A standard <deleted>. Can be found everywhere.

19 minutes ago, transam said:

How did he know he wasn't a carrier...?

Most likely he lives with a large family and nobody showed any symptoms.

If he were a carrier one of the people he lived with would have showed symptoms.

Since that was not the case, and in fact most people are not carriers, therefore he was  correct to conclude that he was most likely not a carrier and not infected.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

look at this Thai, he understood that if he is not sick he cannot infect anyone, which is absolutely logic and indisputable correct.

Wrong!!!!

The disease can be spread whilst still asymptomatic. 

From an online dictionary:

a·symp·to·mat·ic
/ˌāsim(p)təˈmadik/
adjective
MEDICINE

1. (of a condition or a person) producing or showing no symptoms.
    "infection is usually asymptomatic"
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Emdog said:

It's called social pressure. If we depended on police to do the only policing, getting people to do the right thing, it would be a sorry state of affairs. Didn't your mother teach you anything?

When your selfish shortsighted behavior can lead to my injury and possible death, yes it is my business. You want to kill yourself, fine if it only kills you. Shoot yourself, dive off balcony (check for pedestrians first), pills, drink bleach, whatever, it's your funeral.

You might get it and not die. Good for you. Others may get it from you who do die. Folks with weakened immune systems due to AIDS, cancer treatment, etc, any number of reasons.

In no uncertain terms, a pandemic is everyone's business

"What did you do during the great pandemic, daddy?" "I ignored guidelines, couldn't suffer slight inconvenience of wearing a mask" "Daddy is that why grandma is no longer alive? Didn't she die during that period?" "You ask too many questions. Go watch TV."

I find it quite pathetic that it is necessary for you to have to provide an explanation..

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Logosone said:

This is a bit of an overreaction, punctuated at the end with wholly made up fantasy.

This is the problem, we're dealing with highly terrified people who'll make things up and are impervious to reason.

You can explain to them time and time again that there are studies which show that masks had no impact on the pandemic, you can show them statistics that show that most people are not carriers and are not sick, they'll still stubbornly adhere to this notion that everyone must wear a mask.

Because they see mortal danger everywhere, regardless of the facts.

Stubborn terrified people everywhere.

Better than being stupid and can't think further that ones...????.............. eh........????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just to add a bit more to

"You might get it and not die. Good for you. Others may get it from you who do die. Folks with weakened immune systems due to AIDS, cancer treatment, etc, any number of reasons.

In no uncertain terms, a pandemic is everyone's business"

My niece is a nurse at hospital in Washington state, goes to work in cancer ward. She also had breast cancer, which puts her in higher risk category, but she still goes knowing the risk.

Told me some idiot on chemo came into ward for infusion and didn't have mask on! Does that "none of your business" BS still apply to him?

What horrible risk, what "finest hour" sacrifice, is in the cost of wearing a mask in public? "It fogs up my glasses", "It gets hot under there", etc. Yes, you may never encounter someone carrying the virus... oh life is so unfair! Who's the snowflake here? Or perhaps cow pee more appropriate

• Sad 1