"We won't go home, we can't afford that" - bus fares almost double because of social distancing regulations

webfact

"We won't go home, we can't afford that" - bus fares almost double because of social distancing regulations

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Many Thais took to social media after a man posted about his journey on a bus from Pattaya to Nong Khai in the north east.

He said that his normal fare was 500 baht but he had been charged 910 baht because spaces had to be left empty on the seats. 

He said that this was not a big deal for him but it would be problematic for many others and he called on the government to do something.

Comment was rife with plenty of Netizens complaining about the government's new rules.

Many said they just wouldn't go back to their hometowns at those prices while others shared similar experiences.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-26

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The largest joke. Marks on the platform to keep people apart but jammed into the train carriages like sardines.

The BTS I travelled on yesterday had big crosses on every other seat and were not occupied. It was a pretty new carriage, didn't even have station maps on the walls, so maybe more seat crosses are on the way?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A statement that is so utterly simplistic, one does not even know where to start, to analyze it. First of all, in general Thais eat a far healthier diet than the majority of those in the UK, or the US, who eat a diet that is downright scary, from a nutritional point of view. Thais eat far more fresh fruits and vegetables, get alot more Vitamin D from the sunshine, have way better attitudes, and generally have far less stress in their lives. So, you are comparing apples with longans.

Social distancing is only part of the equation, as proven in South Korea. Immunity is a far more important element, than social distancing, which only means something if you are highly vulnerable to begin with. Based on the fact that we had millions of tourists here in December, January, and part of February, many of whom were likely infected with Covid, the Thai people appear to have a far greater natural immunity to Covid, than many others. It is likely huge numbers were infected, and never became symptomatic, which in my mind, is very reassuring! 

Nobody is immune to any corona virus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Every bus I've been on has been full. Doubtless others will chime in with different experiences.

Well none have so far. Have never been on a long distance bus here. But I do often see them passing through and they are often not very full. But I live a bit off the beaten track, the buses I see do not emanate from Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

So if three people sit on a bench you will die but two is OK?

Got a strong feeling most of this is nonsense.

IMG_3179.jpeg

If you not bend over that middle seat you are ok! What if you are really fat? You take one and half seat already! Good in that seat have fart holes ! In middle they stuck that whit sticker so all know dont sit here!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

so you would want Thailand to have the 30000 dead like the UK prior to social distancing? 

Nobody want´s that. This is about consistency. When you compare airlines and buses to BTS, the rules are different. How is that going to be seen and understood by the public and citizens? That´s the thing that has to be fixed. It´s not about that the protective measures is wrong. It´s about that they are no consistent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

so you would want Thailand to have the 30000 dead like the UK prior to social distancing? 

if  the  country could  still function normally then thats the price.

36 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I motion for them to back off, and they nervously scurry away.

Just start coughing violently,  funny by me out here in the country I see shop owners with no mask on and when I approach up goes the mask.