"We won't go home, we can't afford that" - bus fares almost double because of social distancing regulations

webfact

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

The Thais who died early-on, infected by the Wuhan-carriers let in in February, were called "pneumonia" deaths - to cover for the CCP.  Only those infected from Europeans were labeled "covid" deaths, from the "dirty farangs" (health minister's words, likely written by the CCP for him).

I don't know the care-homes story in the UK, but was horrible in the USA:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/11/nursing-homes-us-data-coronavirus

Also, what NY and Pennsylvania did - forcing those facilities to accept known covid-positive patients, which led to mass-fatalities. 

There are 2 groups who are vulnerable - diabetic/overweight (other serious pre-existing illnesses) and the very old.  They are the only ones who need protection / distancing / etc. 

Pure fiction.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, PatchinExPat said:

Brazil is averaging 1000 people a day dying from this disease you call a power play.

I can't understand people with their head so far up their rump, they can't even

admit this is a real disease and it is killing thousands.

Many elderly and/or with pre-existing medical conditions are affected with severe symptoms which can be fatal.

Not only that but most experts in this field say it is not expect to burn out

and will be with us for some distance into the future.

Are these the same experts who made the wild predictions in the beginning that were off the mark by orders of magnitude?  Look at their early death-prediction charts.

Maybe bar owners don't want to open right now, maybe store employees don't you

coming in breathing in their face.

That should be the store/bar owner's choice - as well as whether they require patrons to wear masks if they do open. 

I don't fault anyone's decision to take whatever precautions they feel is necessary - including staying home, or only shopping where masks are required by the store, etc.

3 hours ago, Trillian said:
4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

A big thank you to China for this predicament. 

Every thread I have read to day that has been even remotely virus related has seen you post some negative slur about China! Is that your raison detre or do you suffer from compulsive obsessive disorder?

In my view, "CCP" is the right term for this - not China - because the latter implies the Chinese people are at fault. 

The decision to shield the rest of China from the virus in Wuhan, but let it loose on the rest of the world, while at the same time telling the world it didn't spread person-to-person, was in no way the fault of the Chinese stuck under the CCP's boot. 

In fact, some good Chinese citizens tried to warn us - and were disappeared or told to "shut up or else," for doing so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

And just who do you think brought us this pandemic?  Norway?  Algeria? Panama?  The world is suffering, markets well off their highs, lockdowns everywhere.

And Chinese propaganda spreads faster than Wuhan virus.  When will the CCP take responsibility for this?  Why do they deny the obvious?

They will, quite simply, never admit any responsibility. neither the "fellow travelers" for whom any criticism of China is evidence of racism, nor the "yellow peril" racists will ever change that! 

By the end of the year the whole history of the matter will have been rewritten, with the PRC established as the leaders in the fight against the pandemic. By the end of the decade it will, like Tiannaman Square, be effectively written out of history.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

so you would want Thailand to have the 30000 dead like the UK prior to social distancing? 

Your leading question lacks current research, which is inconclusive that social distancing and masks have any bearing on infection. It is too early and beyond my ability to question another persons prespective on the matter, although I have been known to shoot my mouth off without knowing much about the subject.

10 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

so you would want Thailand to have the 30000 dead like the UK prior to social distancing? 

Another one with the "you want people to die" if you do an honest assessment of the situation.  Stop attributing motives you look foolish and without a proper argument.  

10 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

I'm not convinced Thai's diets are great

Fruit and veg dripping in pesticides + not many Thais spend enough time in the sun to get their dose of Vitamin D

Dark skin requires twice as long as white skin

The Thai infection/death figs are BS in my opinion

I can believe the current figs as the country has locked it's borders for almost two months.

Before that there were a lot of deaths that would have been put down to pneumonia/lung infection

10 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

I'm not convinced Thai's diets are great

Fruit and veg dripping in pesticides + not many Thais spend enough time in the sun to get their dose of Vitamin D

Dark skin requires twice as long as white skin

The Thai infection/death figs are BS in my opinion

I can believe the current figs as the country has locked it's borders for almost two months.

Before that there were a lot of deaths that would have been put down to pneumonia/lung infection

What's the air quality like now in pattaya?,well above danger levels in feb 177 compared to 22 in london.

3 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

Stop and think just a minute, there are 70 million in Thailand, 330 million in USA and 7.5 Billion 

in the world. 

How in your perfect world do get 7.5 billion doing the same thing at the same time to suit you.

In situations like this you try to make rules that make sense for the situation.

5 people per car on the BTS, you may as well just shut it down.

50% less on a plane, you can't keep flying with those numbers,

so you just have to tell people try and protect yourself the best

you can and some times you have to take some risk.

We don't want it that way, but people can't just starve to death 

or start living on the streets.

7.5 billion or 70 million you can't expect everything to be consistent.

What are you on about? My perfect world???? Where do you take things from? Did I say that they should or could fly with 50% less customers?

When have I said that we shouldn´t take risks, and that it´s anything wrong with protective measures for dealing with the spread of the virus instead of minimising the amount of people in one place?????

The only thing I have been posting is that it´s strange how it can be okey to pack people on the BTS trains, but it´s horrible to sit beside each other on an airplane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

In my view, "CCP" is the right term for this - not China - because the latter implies the Chinese people are at fault. 

The decision to shield the rest of China from the virus in Wuhan, but let it loose on the rest of the world, while at the same time telling the world it didn't spread person-to-person, was in no way the fault of the Chinese stuck under the CCP's boot. 

In fact, some good Chinese citizens tried to warn us - and were disappeared or told to "shut up or else," for doing so.

And some other Chinese form the CCP. Until the non-commies revolt and take over, might as well treat them as a lump.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So if three people sit on a bench you will die but two is OK?

Got a strong feeling most of this is nonsense.

IMG_3179.jpeg

Stadtler is glad to see the anti-fart benches are making inroads into more places.   Stadtler wonders if a fart ascends or falls to the floor once it is squeezed through the holes.

13 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So if three people sit on a bench you will die but two is OK?

Got a strong feeling most of this is nonsense.

IMG_3179.jpeg

When Stadtler sees a bench such as this one, he always opts for the middle with the X because it would be the part of the bench least used.  Stadtler doesn't like sitting where other people have sat.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

And some other Chinese form the CCP. Until the non-commies revolt and take over, might as well treat them as a lump.

Supporting the non-commies now, might help that come about sooner (or ever).  We can start with Taiwan and HK, and dump this "one China policy" CCP-appeasement canard.   There are "Free Chinese People," and those who aren't, and this difference should not be muddied.  In terms of dealing with the existing 'China nation-state' threat, the isolate and contain treatment, used with the USSR, provides insight. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The largest joke. Marks on the platform to keep people apart but jammed into the train carriages like sardines.

yesterday i took the mini bus from my local area to future park. every other seat. then got to future park and into the next bus to chatuchak and it was rammed full not a single empty seat. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

The BTS I travelled on yesterday had big crosses on every other seat and were not occupied. It was a pretty new carriage, didn't even have station maps on the walls, so maybe more seat crosses are on the way?

I suspect that a very high up official has cornered the market on Big Red Crosses, other colours may be available, for an additional cost.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, from the home of CC said:

hard to forget something that never occurred and what care did these UK homes provide?

Safe place to die.

Hopefully paid for by the Nhs..

On 5/26/2020 at 11:14 AM, chickenslegs said:

If it is true that bus companies have increased their fares due to Government social distancing rules, then the government should be subsidising the fares.

Doubling of bus fares is wrong and affects the poorer people most.

I was just read another news, it's just one bus company that is overcharging.

Anyway, Government should subsidize the bus companies.

Edited by EricTh

On 5/26/2020 at 11:31 AM, spidermike007 said:

I believe them. It is very hard to hide massive numbers of corpses, and very hard to keep family members,

All these scare-mongering are without any proofs. I live in a village and nobody here has been infected. I don't know anybody in my town who are infected either.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Bus company fined 10,000 baht for ripping off passenger

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1165943-bus-company-fined-10000-baht-for-ripping-off-passenger/

So, the bus company has been fined for overcharging.

IMHO fining the company is not the solution. The bus operator needs to make a profit, or at least break even, otherwise they will just close down, put more people out of work, and prevent people from travelling.

The government demanded the social distancing rules and should subsidise the fares until they deem it safe to remove those rules.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 10:48 AM, lujanit said:

The same is going to happen if airlines are going to leave the middle seat empty.  The real question is if the rate of infection is so low why this so called social distancing?  The BTS doesn’t require it and markets don’t enforce it.  The government speaks with a forked tongue.  This <deleted> is all about power and nothing to do with keeping people safe.

Not sure why you're saying if (see above bold/underline). I fly with Airasia. Prices have doubled to where I fly to and from. 

44 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

So you want people dead due to lockdowns shutting economies down? 

I think some people should go and interview those queuing up for free food to see how they feel.

Of course, rich people or those working in the government won't be affected.

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

All these scare-mongering are without any proofs. I live in a village and nobody here has been infected. I don't know anybody in my town who are infected either.

I do not know anyone in all of Thailand that has been infected. I have a friend who is a surgical nurse in a  major hospital, and she tells me they have done thousands of tests, and not one has come back positive. There is alot going on with Covid, that totally defies the narrative. This is definitely not the Zombie Apocalypse.

Open the economy now. End the lockdown now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a friend who is a surgical nurse in a  major hospital, and she tells me they have done thousands of tests, and not one has come back positive.

Chula, Mahidol or Siriraj? Those are the only ones that have been reported to do thousands of tests.