Army, Public Health Ministry to screen hotels chosen for state quarantine more thoroughly

webfact

Army, Public Health Ministry to screen hotels chosen for state quarantine more thoroughly

e571a2b33b0be4907efc62b627eb048d_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Following a discussion with the Eastern Thai Hotel Association, the Ministry of Defence has confirmed a report that some hotels designated as state quarantine facilities paid a commission, and the hotels will be screened more thoroughly.

The Spokesman for the Ministry of Defense, Lt. Gen. Kongcheep Tantravanich, said the state quarantine facilities for patients suspected of having COVID-19 are jointly supervised by the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Interior. They did not ask for a kickback from hoteliers and the government wants Thai nationals stranded abroad to return home quickly.

Lt. Gen. Kongcheep said relevant agencies are now investigating those involved in demanding payments from hoteliers, so that they would be chosen for state quarantine. He said people with information about army officials being involved can contact the authorities. The officials will be disciplined, if they are found guilty,

At a meeting of the Defense Council, the Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, instructed related units of the Royal Thai Armed Forces to monitor the COVID-19 situation to prevent a resurgence of new cases. He also ordered them to support the work of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) and the state quarantine facilities. Everyone in these facilities must be treated like a family member. Vulnerable groups, as well as people who smuggle themselves into Thailand, must be closely monitored to prevent another wave of COVID-19 infections.

The Prime Minister insisted that the Royal Thai Armed Forces must adapt to the new normal because of the global pandemic. The Ministry of Defense and the armed forces will study the current situation and develop new guidelines, which will cover all aspects, such as troops, training exercises, doctrine development and new methods of cooperation with other countries.

Gen. Prayut said the COVID-19 situation in Thailand is under control, thanks to the cooperation of the people. Some nations, such as Kuwait, are using Thailand as a role model, and they are ready to welcome Thai laborers to work in their countries.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200526110626325

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to hear more details about just who the quarantine hotels were paying to gain official participation (and thus paying customers) via the government's quarantine program.

Ya... like that's really going to happen here in Thailand..  I won't be holding my breath....

Quote:-

" it's important to note that there's no alcohol available in Kuwait. That means even hotels and restaurants don't serve alcohol in any way"

That should please the Thai "establishment" Temperance Society!! Maybe Thailand will become a role model of Kuwait!!

• Sad 1

Lot of people on the defense here but just wondering what the Army got to do with the Kickbacks?
Are they sharing 20/20 = 40%
The state pays 1000B per person per day including food for 14 days 40% is 400B per day x 14 = 5,600B per person x ?

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Seems the Army missed out on their cut ...

I definitely don't think they did, judging by the number of army personnel hanging around outside and going inside two hotels, one in Pattaya and one in Jomtien, that are being used for COVID returnees. I am pretty sure they know EXACTLY who is behind this scam.....

• Thanks 1

No doubt there is 2 tier pricing at these assigned quarantine hotels.

The 2 week stay is a win,win for the hotels and the govt. officials approving said hotels.. Kerching..???? I wonder how many of the hotels are owned by Generals?