Nissan Thailand kick-starts production lines, refuses to brake for virus

webfact

Nissan Thailand kick-starts production lines, refuses to brake for virus

By THE NATION

800_8a31b00478b131c.jpg?v=1590472619

Ramesh Narasimhan

Japanese automaker Nissan has announced it will continue its production, investment and improvement at plants in Thailand and elsewhere amid the Covid-19 crisis.

Ramesh Narasimhan, Nissan Thailand’s president, said that almost 100 per cent of production at the company’s first Thai plant has restarted, after being halted due to the virus crisis. Meanwhile Nissan will conclude plans to restart operations at its second Thai plant this week, since it still had concerns over the market and the readiness of auto-parts producers, he added.

“Although the market has contracted severely, business must continue until the day it becomes strong again” he said, adding that Nissan Global still sees Thailand as its production hub.

Nissan will continue to run its Thai plants and business in line with an existing plan worth around Bt10 billion. The Japanese corporation announced the three-year plan in 2019, covering product development and improvement of production lines to serve both domestic and foreign markets.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388524

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

8 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Good decision. A company should be insane not to continue with its normal business as there is no risk of COVID 19 at the moment.

There is risk as there is no herd immunity, just that it hasn't been detected yet in plant employees.

If it doesn't take additional (vs 'normal business') steps to assure worker protection from covid infection, the plant may become an infectious covid source that will spread into local communities. If that happens the company should be held fully accountable for the consequences.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Only dead fish follow the flow; congratulations to Ramesh Narasimhan and his team - a very, very wise decision. They might be producing some stock lots for the moment but this whole rannygazoo over Corona is nothing about health but about power keeping. 

Latter is not sustainable and will proved anytime soon. In a month or so you will be seeing rising/exploding figures in the Southern hemisphere of the planet (Southern Africa and South America) as they are heading for winter and temperatures will dive below 9 centigrades. 

Nissan, like all the other boys, are global. Nissan, for one, proved to be a global world player - good luck to them ???? 

• Like 1

Better do a lot of overtime to cover the reoccurring lockdowns in the future. It's an inevitable groundhog day when borders reopen and the test&trace network is ineffective. Lockdown->open->wait->outbreak unnoticed->lockdown and so on. Just like the coups.

• Like 1

How odd, who buys Nissan? What mental process does a person go through saying to himself, I could buy a great car like a Honda or Toyota, but no, I'll buy a pos Nissan.

I'd wait a few months for a Honda or a Toyota .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

How odd, who buys Nissan? What mental process does a person go through saying to himself, I could buy a great car like a Honda or Toyota, but no, I'll buy a pos Nissan.

Ghosn?

Funny how severely Thailand deals with personal breaches of lockdown regarding garbage yet seem to be ignoring the possible health hazards regarding this scenario,classic case of don,t do what I do,do what I say.