Thailand under state of emergency until June 30

webfact

Country under state of emergency until June 30

By THE NATION

800_bab665dcfe951f3.jpg?v=1590477325

The Cabinet on Tuesday (May 26) resolved to extend the state of emergency until the end of June.

On Wednesday, the panel chaired by National Security Council secretary-general, General Somsak Rungsita, will meet to discuss the third phase of easing lockdown measures as well as whether the curfew should be reduced to midnight to 4am. The third phase of easing measures is expected to kick in from June 1.

The meeting’s resolution will be proposed to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Friday (May 29) and guidelines for businesses and activities under the third phase will be announced on Saturday.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388531

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

This is quite frustrating. I have a signed work contract to teach math in a state school from July 1st. I am like all teachers, suffering with loss of income. It will soon get to a point that I wont have the finances to fly to Thailand to take this job...

I cannot understand that if the virus is only within returnees. A state quarantine program is the best. I for one am happy to undertake this.

Moreover, most people in other countries are also in lockdown and as europe is opening up we are healthy and ready to travel and work.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Raphus said:

This is quite frustrating. I have a signed work contract to teach math in a state school from July 1st. I am like all teachers, suffering with loss of income. It will soon get to a point that I wont have the finances to fly to Thailand to take this job...

I cannot understand that if the virus is only within returnees. A state quarantine program is the best. I for one am happy to undertake this.

Moreover, most people in other countries are also in lockdown and as europe is opening up we are healthy and ready to travel and work.

Are the Thai schools shut until end of June?

• Like 1