Thailand under state of emergency until June 30

webfact

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

But, there again, Western nations such as France and the UK who have, in effect, placed residents on indefinite house arrest should, on the other hand, be fulsomely praised to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread in your eyes, shouldn't they?

This is Thailand, not the UK, France, etc. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, M71 said:

There is no such thing as Covid-19 it's just a strain of seasonal flu as shown by all of the independent doctors and virologists speaking out over the last month.

The figures point to it being even less dangerous than common flu with less deaths than a common seasonal flu around the world.

We have all been fooled folks, it's not a complete hoax but it sure has been blown waaaay out of proportion - ask yourself, are we going to do this again when next year's seasonal flu comes around ?? Are people really that stupid ? Use your grey cells.

Wonder what this is really all about - anyone have any ideas?

Now THERE’S a first ( for me at least) , a conspiracy theorist asking everyone what the conspiracy is???? Get a grip, buckle down, do your time, this is by no means a hardship posting for lockdown. Count your blessings, would you rather  be standing outside number ten protesting Dominic’s guilt or lying by your pool with the sun on your back sipping a cold one? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Raphus said:

This is quite frustrating. I have a signed work contract to teach math in a state school from July 1st. I am like all teachers, suffering with loss of income. It will soon get to a point that I wont have the finances to fly to Thailand to take this job...

I cannot understand that if the virus is only within returnees. A state quarantine program is the best. I for one am happy to undertake this.

Moreover, most people in other countries are also in lockdown and as europe is opening up we are healthy and ready to travel and work.

If you are so concerned about the loss of income, why come to Thailand to teach

There are better paying places in the world

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ICECOOL said:

I don't understand the whinging. I am retired here. Yes, the lock down kept me out of the bars, kept me of the golf course. Couldn't fish. Didn't see friends as much. But I am alive and healthy. 

Would you accept to be jailed, even if you had done nothing wrong, if in return it would extend your life? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

But, there again, Western nations such as France and the UK who have, in effect, placed residents on indefinite house arrest should, on the other hand, be fulsomely praised to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread in your eyes, shouldn't they?

Sorry mate, couldn't find the LOL/Thanks button.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

I know the stance Thailand has taken isn’t popular and it’s caused me no end of grief too but they appear to have fared better than many far wealthier and supposedly brighter western countries.

absolutely correct

I know the stance Thailand has taken isn’t popular and it’s caused me no end of grief too but they appear to have fared better than many far wealthier and supposedly brighter western countries.

mhhhh...  very little to no testing at all, herd immunity because people already had no to very mild symptoms and let's not forget

VITAMIN D for the sun !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M71 said:

There is no such thing as Covid-19 it's just a strain of seasonal flu as shown by all of the independent doctors and virologists speaking out over the last month.

The figures point to it being even less dangerous than common flu with less deaths than a common seasonal flu around the world.

We have all been fooled folks, it's not a complete hoax but it sure has been blown waaaay out of proportion - ask yourself, are we going to do this again when next year's seasonal flu comes around ?? Are people really that stupid ? Use your grey cells.

M71, is that your Chinese designated I'd like OO7 from mi6.  55

1 hour ago, M71 said:

Your seasonal flu of 1918/19 killed an estimated 50,000,000 people, 500,000,000 had the virus, what are your thoughts on that...?

17 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

mhhhh...  very little to no testing at all, herd immunity because people already had no to very mild symptoms and let's not forget

VITAMIN D for the sun !!!!

Vitamin D is only absorbed from the sun if the suns rays are hitting you, sun light is of no use.....Thais, on the whole, avoid sun rays..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M71 said:

what this is really all about - anyone have any ideas?

I think it is personal - - - a big plot to make you wear a mask and everyone is in on it but you... a giant joke on you... we have closed restaurants and businesses... actually, everyone is down at the beach having fun... 

maybe next year you will get an immunity memo and we will ban together to fool someone else...