Thailand under state of emergency until June 30

webfact

22 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

I know the stance Thailand has taken isn’t popular and it’s caused me no end of grief too but they appear to have fared better than many far wealthier and supposedly brighter western countries.

And you believe that ? they can’t lie straight in bed. Pleased you put the word appear in your statement 555

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ayemanomad said:
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There have been over 352,000 Covid deaths, which places it on the top 20 list. Why it is not there suggests that whoever compiled it is ill-informed. It is not in the top 20 for daily deaths (573).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Is that the best you can come up with? I stated clearly that the WHO figure was up to the 26th May 2020, but you conveniently left that out. What about the other 17 million deaths this year?

I wonder who is ill-informed?

Both of our links are dated 27th May. The number of deaths up until now on my link would place it in the top 20 of the list you linked to. Why isn't it there? It should be, around six from the bottom and above liver cancer.

A lot of different views, opinions, whose to say who is right.

My main takeaway is that the already struggling Thai's are going to struggle even more now...although many things are re-open now anyway. I think some people comment without even knowing what this decree actually means...

I don't give a monkies about myself.

4 hours ago, apetryxx said:

What is not mentioned in the reasoning for the low infection rate here is the heat. One doesn’t need to be a brain surgeon to figure this out, viruses such as the Covid strain don’t do well in the heat and die off quickly. All this chest puffing by the junta about the great job they’re doing is so much nonsense—thank Mother Nature.

Brazil, Mexico, Iran, China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan? You go in a crowded place in a hot country (or cold) like a night club, indoor party, buffet, church service, wedding, crowded/mini bus , long distance bus    and there's a 'super-spreader', boy you are going to have a high chance you will get this very contagious , very nasty virus. Yes Vietnam, Thailand seemingly have far lower rates and Japan has been very lucky. Countries that do a lot of testing know more of course as they test , trace and isolate. Many people can die and get recorded in some countries as pneumonia etc 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Those "old dinosaurs" are doing far better than, for example, the Spanish government have been doing.

Why should a Thai government care about foreigners returning at the moment? They have far bigger things to worry about, primarily protecting their own citizens.

I assume you are going to support your statement and post the studies that demonstrate and prove that e-learning has zero effect in this country?

"They have far bigger things to worry about." They sure do, and the first is their own personal income streams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Meanwhile the rest of the world who has had infections are opening their countries again and stopping their control measures to allow people their freedoms again. Thailand though seems to be using this state of emergency as an excuse to control the population and prevent students from rioting against the government which is being planned as I have read previously. We don't need a state 9f emergency anymore. Just need life to go back to semi normality with some restrictions on social distancing and mask wearing. 

You can forget about it, stick a fork in Thailand, its done, only the people of Thailand can take there country back but I don't think they have it in them

4 hours ago, Krabi King said:

I think many people have forgotten about something else...

The state of emergency is extremely convenient for the government to keep the peace. There is still a lot of political turmoil going on behind the scenes. Lifting the emergency decree could have people move to streets in masses. We only need to look at Hong Kong as an example.

Yes, it's possible to think up reasons to justify taking away people rights. You should be working in the Thai government's PR department. They could extend the state of emergency permanently in case this happens or that happens. Must keep everyone safe at all costs. 

Unfortunately, in this case the stakes are very high. Every day this continues, thousands more people go broke and can't feed themselves.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, Thaiwrath said:

June 30th headline:

Country under state of emergency until July 31st !

Pathetic, power mad leaders.

Yes, all this Covid nonsense, probably all a hoax.

All the governments around the world battling huge infection and death numbers, all a big hoax.

Thailand, handling it far better than most, at a government, business and population level, need to listen to the knowledgeable geniuses on TVF. 

Have you emailed, Donald, Boris, Macron, etc etc etc to tell them they're power mad pathetic losers too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

June 30th headline:

Yes, all this Covid nonsense, probably all a hoax.

All the governments around the world battling huge infection and death numbers, all a big hoax.

Thailand, handling it far better than most, at a government, business and population level, need to listen to the knowledgeable geniuses on TVF. 

Have you emailed, Donald, Boris, Macron, etc etc etc to tell them they're power mad pathetic losers too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why don't all you whinging whining farangs who don't like what the Thai government is doing to fight the virus just pack up and leave Thailand..... if you're so unhappy, disgruntled, unsatisfied about the country..... go back to your own country. Then perhaps you'll discover why you came to Thailand in the first place. 

And to the muppets who refuse to wear masks or obey the social distancing or give false information to enter stores....... you are guests here in Thailand and should abide by their laws. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, it's possible to think up reasons to justify taking away people rights. You should be working in the Thai government's PR department. They could extend the state of emergency permanently in case this happens or that happens. Must keep everyone safe at all costs. 

Unfortunately, in this case the stakes are very high. Every day this continues, thousands more people go broke and can't feed themselves.

It's like put 26 million people out of work and depending on the States welfare and benefits. 

Only thing is that totalitarian regimes like this don't come with welfare benefits...

Just a lower class poverty, malnutrition, and illness. 

Shame on them.

• Thanks 2

June 30th headline:

One more cov19 death in past weeks, a couple of new cases also. Buses, vans, Klong ferries, Markets, all shoulder to shoulder = ZERO social distancing which is USELESS, everyone wearing masks which is GOOD, lowest numbers in the world. Curfew is so ridiculous, someone explain that BS to me, 11pm to 4am is really stopping crowds accumulating outside CLOSED nightclubs = NOT! Open the Gyms you genius's, we are NOT CHILDREN!

• Like 1

Poor Thailand.

This is like the election date that had to be constantly held off and extended....

( and for how long?)

And because of what?..

National security???

Hmm well this is just Perfect timing.

Wonder how long they can possibly milk out of this Covid?

Maybe more importantly, will the Thai populace stand for it this time???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Destroying the economy. No reason to. People are aware of measures required for there own safety.

..correct..its time to let the people manage their own destiny with this virus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

Brazil is averaging 1000 people a day dying from this disease you call a power play.

I can't understand people with their head so far up their rump, they can't even

admit this is a real disease and it is killing thousands.

Not only that but most experts in this field say it is not expect to burn out

and will be with us for some distance into the future.

No one is dragging you into anything, you really can do pretty much what ever you want right now.

Just be content to do what you want to do and stop expecting other people to act 

like you.

Maybe bar owners or the folks who would work there,

don't want to open right now, maybe store employees don't you

coming in breathing in their face.

You aren't just satisfied to go your own way, you want others to wait on you,

to carry your bag for a few baht.

You want all your little pleasures back even 

it cost someone their life.

Tuff, grow up.

"No one is dragging you into anything, you really can do pretty much what ever you want right now."

Total bull poo! If so, what are all these restrictions Phase 1, 2, and 3 that I keep hearing about?

"Maybe bar owners or the folks who would work there,don't want to open right now,"

I know of a few that won't be reopening at all - that's the reality of being without an income for a while, and the (mostly) Thai owners in our neck of the woods aren't renowned for accepting any excuses for not paying the rent - "The bar's been closed due to Covid-19 restrictions by the Government"  - "Not my problem - rent please, or move out:" So there's a few jobs gone - and multiply that by a few thousand, and you'll begin to get the picture!

"maybe store employees don't (want?) you coming in breathing in their face."

Maybe they'd rather the store was closed and they didn't have to go to work? If so, where would they get the money for their food, and the money for their rent, because  "store employees" aren't likely to be house owners!

The facts are that nobody really can do pretty much what THEY LIKE right now. There are plenty of things that they can do that they DON"T like! And I could give you a list, but I'll leave it at that.

I suggest YOU grow up and look around at the people who have lost their jobs, their houses, their future, and are dependent on charity or their families or friends to look after them, and tell them:-  

"you really can do pretty much what ever you want right now."

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no reason whatsoever, to extend this beyond June 1st. They are probably paranoid about the nightlife re-opening. I think the fake puritans in the administration, likely do not want the night life to reopen, as it offends their purist nature. Perhaps they are hoping to drive the remaining bars, clubs and go-go's out of business? They seem to be succeeding. 

Making way for the transition into a high end tourist destination. Maldives, here we come. ????

Many countries will be doing the same.also thailand is in the wet season or low season for tourist.Come dec things will be pretty much normal.travel allowed  to many places then.So this year is closed now for anyone come dec thailand will be getting the tourist that did not come this year.

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

A second wave would mean total and utter economic disaster for Thailand so this continuation is a cautious move and I agree with it. 

Tourism is already dead for the foreseeable, no point in taking the other major industries such as manufacturing and farming with it if the country is opened up too early.

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

Sounds fair, however when you have no cases to speak of when do you stop with the caution? The economic damage is getting worse every single day and the longer it goes on the less likely the economy will recover swiftly. AT the moment I believe the economies would recover over the next 1 to 2 years, but if it goes on any more it could cause permanent damage, particularly as other competing countries are phasing the end of the lockdowns and putting people back to work. Thailand would fall behind and other countries will simply overtake.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

So look for a relatively early announcement of whether Airport is to open on 1 July. Airlines will need as much lead time as possible as will potential passengers. And i think it will be a s**t show to start off with especially on the inbound side if they dont revoke the Covid test and insurance requirements or give operators enough time to establish those things. I notice some Airports in Europe are offering outbound passengers same day Covid tests with paperwork. 190Euro.

Could you please give us the airports or source you have seen to be offering the same-day covid tests and some details?

I read Vietnam wants to open and issue eVisas in July, but there are no details yet whether they require some kind of covid test or quarantine. I need an alternative in case Thailand does not open until August.

3 minutes ago, cerox said:

Could you please give us the airports or source you have seen to be offering the same-day covid tests and some details?

I read Vietnam wants to open and issue eVisas in July, but there are no details yet whether they require some kind of covid test or quarantine. I need an alternative in case Thailand does not open until August.

May I ask a question?  

Why on earth would you take any statement on an internet forum as truth, particularly this one?

What I would suggest is going to the official government sites because there is nothing but conjecture, desperation and people who are too hot on forums.  And I personally guarantee most of what you hear here is 99 percent wrong, other than some of the news sources which are around 50 percent wrong.

Most Thais would rather die at home than go into a hospital.  How many deaths by "pneumonia" have been recorded?  How many causes of death are recorded at all.  This is a real disease like Ebola SARs and the Spanish Flu.  We need treatment based on anti-bodies.  They are on the way but will Thais even take these or just chalk it up to a misreading of karma?

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

They are already at it, full on imperialism:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/27/asia/hong-kong-national-security-law-xi-jinping-intl-hnk/index.html

Almost as if planned.

it was inevitable. To be honest anyone would do the same... Well not quite,, only the scumbag money worshippers would "maximise" the opportunity at the expense of the poor and the masses..... I expect it will soon officially be Thailand P.R.C.  ????