Thailand under state of emergency until June 30

webfact

6 hours ago, Airjockey said:

Why don't all you whinging whining farangs who don't like what the Thai government is doing to fight the virus just pack up and leave Thailand..... if you're so unhappy, disgruntled, unsatisfied about the country..... go back to your own country. Then perhaps you'll discover why you came to Thailand in the first place. 

And to the muppets who refuse to wear masks or obey the social distancing or give false information to enter stores....... you are guests here in Thailand and should abide by their laws. 

Why do you bother reading a forum that is always full of people debating and having a pop at stuff. If it bothers you so much stop reading it. Most people go on here for useful information (sometimes) and for entertainment, people will always love a good debate. If you see people highlighting issues in Thailand and having a meaty debate as whinging about the country just stop reading. Its a lot less drastic then expecting others to up sticks and s*d off..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zensensei0216 said:

Most Thais would rather die at home than go into a hospital.  How many deaths by "pneumonia" have been recorded? 

Currently 12,680 in this budget year, excluding Bangkok: https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report.php?source=formated/death298.php&cat_id=491672679818600345dc1833920051b2&id=b4ea22252bb533f3f9225dfcab83d43a

I've been monitoring it, started at about 100-120/d on 6th of May, now petering down to the previous yearly average of ~60/d. There was an above average period, perhaps the lockdown is also reducing other respiratory diseases, hard to tell. The HDC reports record the cause of death from death certificates, which in Thailand is quite unreliable.

Only valid comparison would be measuring total number of deaths to previous averages. I haven't bothered, as I'm already quite convinced the numbers are "selected", but the lockdown is still doing what it's supposed to do. Problems will arrive after they ease the measures and the test&tracing network is not efficient and they'll be forced to use their hand picked "confirmed" cases as index cases, or the whole thing would blow up in their faces.

Edited by DrTuner
typo
  • Like 2

I know some of you don't want to hear this, but Covid is turning out to be much less dangerous than originally thought.  The mortality rate is shaping up to be in the 0.3 - 0.4% range, making it not TOO much different than a very bad flu year.  Add that to the fact that most countries badly managed nursing homes during this, causing a huge % of deaths in that environment, and it is even less dangerous.  This is a good thing, and not a political statement.  

Edited by sdweller
Wording
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, sdweller said:

I know some of you don't want to hear this, but Covid is turning out to be much less dangerous than originally thought.  The mortality rate is shaping up to be in the 0.3 - 0.4% range, making it not TOO much different than a very bad flu year.  Add that to the fact that most countries badly managed nursing homes during this, causing a huge % of deaths in that environment, and it is even less dangerous.  This is a good thing, and not a political statement.  

As of today 6% of confirmed cases have died, most in the over 45 age group

image.png.2e04fec741f90d7090bb2b7ec07d7800.png

Would the %age be higher had countries not taken drastic action ?

You could argue that many more people have had covid which hasn't been reported in the figures but then again the same could be said for a typical flu outbreak.

Edited by Chelseafan

Kids didn't lose 4 months of school.  They luckily had spring break which lasts for 2 1/2 months March thru Mid-May.  Also I'm tired of all these farangs bitching about Thailand, if you don't like it, leave!  Its not your country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2020 at 7:48 PM, darksidedog said:

Given that pretty much the only cases here in the last 3 weeks have come from quarantine facilities, you have to ask why the continuation of the emergency decree? You can't catch it, if there isn't anyone out there with it, to catch it from. The only conclusion you can then draw is that power hungry regimes never like to give any freedoms back to the people once they have it. I suspect many personal liberties will somehow never be fully returned, such as large crowds, which very soon may be in the form of starving and angry mobs.

Don’t worry,there are plenty of people dying daily from pneumonia, not c19.Insider information paints a different picture.The second wave will come from China and Europe as soon as the borders open but don’t worry China has a vaccine that’s why the enlightened ones haven’t caught the virus, and it is true China are now testing the vaccine and it looks successful.Dont fret the high speed wuhan express will soon be opened delivering spitting smoking mobs to BK and Pattaya move over falung,falung go home 

2 hours ago, Visarghhhh said:

Kids didn't lose 4 months of school.  They luckily had spring break which lasts for 2 1/2 months March thru Mid-May.  Also I'm tired of all these farangs bitching about Thailand, if you don't like it, leave!  Its not your country.

1) "if you don't like it leave" is the emptiest of responses to debate!

2) Given the time at which you made your post,(0400 Thai time) you are either an insomniac or have taken your own advice and left!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

1) "if you don't like it leave" is the emptiest of responses to debate!

2) Given the time at which you made your post,(0400 Thai time) you are either an insomniac or have taken your own advice and left!

2) Insomniac why? i'm up at 0430-0500 and most definately have enough sleep, what a silly comment.

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2020 at 7:37 AM, thesetat2013 said:

Thailand though seems to be using this state of emergency as an excuse to control the population and prevent students from rioting against the government which is being planned

Nail on head, spot on.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Making way for the transition into a high end tourist destination. Maldives, here we come. ????

Never going to happen. A total pipe dream, on the part of the authorities. They cannot think clearly enough, nor do they have the perspective to know why the wealthy shun the place. One 8 hour session with a foreign travel expert, and they would have all the information they needed. But, since the rest of the world does not know anything, they would never do something really productive, like that. Plus you have guys like Pipat running tourism, so no talent, or progressive policies, whatsoever. There are a dozen good reasons why over the past 10-15 years, there are less and less wealthy tourists coming to Thailand. I have outlined them before, so no need to bore you with the details. Thailand has shot itself in the foot, when it comes to wealthy, or even affluent tourists. It is a low to lower middle income tourist market. They are stuck with China and India primarily. A small number of Americans and Europeans will come, but they represent the minority for sure. 

Edited by spidermike007

14 hours ago, cerox said:

Could you please give us the airports or source you have seen to be offering the same-day covid tests and some details?

I read Vietnam wants to open and issue eVisas in July, but there are no details yet whether they require some kind of covid test or quarantine. I need an alternative in case Thailand does not open until August.

Vienna Airport for sure inbound and outbound, saw information in Danish which indicated to me that Copenhagen was doing it, Iceland is doing it inbound

17 hours ago, sdweller said:

and what about SARS YRS AGO ????

On 5/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Both of our links are dated 27th May. The number of deaths up until now on my link would place it in the top 20 of the list you linked to. Why isn't it there? It should be, around six from the bottom and above liver cancer.

And 14 more ABOVE it. And you still believe the 'official' narrative? 

On 5/27/2020 at 7:57 PM, DrTuner said:

They are already at it, full on imperialism:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/27/asia/hong-kong-national-security-law-xi-jinping-intl-hnk/index.html

Almost as if planned.

The world's democracies need to stand up to the CCP's expansion policy to rule the world before it's too late. They need to be made to pay financial compensation for all the devastation they have caused throughout the world, before resuming trade with them. We do not want to live in a world based on the Chinese Communist model.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, DrTuner said:

Currently 12,680 in this budget year, excluding Bangkok: https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report.php?source=formated/death298.php&cat_id=491672679818600345dc1833920051b2&id=b4ea22252bb533f3f9225dfcab83d43a

I've been monitoring it, started at about 100-120/d on 6th of May, now petering down to the previous yearly average of ~60/d. There was an above average period, perhaps the lockdown is also reducing other respiratory diseases, hard to tell. The HDC reports record the cause of death from death certificates, which in Thailand is quite unreliable.

Only valid comparison would be measuring total number of deaths to previous averages. I haven't bothered, as I'm already quite convinced the numbers are "selected", but the lockdown is still doing what it's supposed to do. Problems will arrive after they ease the measures and the test&tracing network is not efficient and they'll be forced to use their hand picked "confirmed" cases as index cases, or the whole thing would blow up in their faces.

Well done.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I really don't care one way or the other.

Maybe you don't, but I think that there are many people that do care about the current situation the world faces. I will go through the official stats again.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

362,023 covid-19 deaths.

https://deathmeters.info/

Shows the TOP 20 worldwide causes of death for 2020, live figures. At 6:30am this morning the total was 17,368,225 and covid-19 appeared nowhere on the list. At the bottom of their page they state that the source of their statistics is based on WHO: CAUSE-SPECIFIC MORTALITY figures. They also state that the TOP 20 covers almost 70% of total deaths occurring in the World every day.

Even if worldometers figures are correct, that would only place them 16th on their list. 

So the question to be asked is, where is the pandemic? And why is the world suffering lockdown? Based on these figures, the 'official' narrative has to be questioned and the powers that be made to tell us the truth about their future agenda for 99% of all humanity.

36 minutes ago, Ayemanomad said:

Maybe you don't, but I think that there are many people that do care about the current situation the world faces. I will go through the official stats again.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

362,023 covid-19 deaths.

https://deathmeters.info/

Shows the TOP 20 worldwide causes of death for 2020, live figures. At 6:30am this morning the total was 17,368,225 and covid-19 appeared nowhere on the list. At the bottom of their page they state that the source of their statistics is based on WHO: CAUSE-SPECIFIC MORTALITY figures. They also state that the TOP 20 covers almost 70% of total deaths occurring in the World every day.

Even if worldometers figures are correct, that would only place them 16th on their list. 

So the question to be asked is, where is the pandemic? And why is the world suffering lockdown? Based on these figures, the 'official' narrative has to be questioned and the powers that be made to tell us the truth about their future agenda for 99% of all humanity.

I fully agree with you. If you look back carefully at what I've written you'll see that. Sorry if I haven't made myself clear.

• Like 1

if they put at midnight the time of lockdown I'll agree for let it be permanent, Thailand will be a better place for good tourists and maybe most of bad guys will go elsewhere with their cheap money

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Ayemanomad said:

The world's democracies need to stand up to the CCP's expansion policy to rule the world before it's too late. They need to be made to pay financial compensation for all the devastation they have caused throughout the world, before resuming trade with them. We do not want to live in a world based on the Chinese Communist model.

They need much worse