Prescription from the Cannabis Clinic at Nakornping Hospital

CALSinCM

Has anyone received a prescription for medicinal CBD oil from Cannabis Clinic at Nakornping Hospital in Mae Rim.
I understand that they are the only cannabis clinic functioning in the area.

If anyone has been there, what is the process for making an appointment and consulting for a prescription. But I've read on other locations they are only open certain times.  Or are they open at all? 
Although I've read they have a cannabis clinic their own site has not information posted on their home page.

Wondering if anyone has first hand experience. 

Edited by CALSinCM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 2:41 PM, CALSinCM said:

Has anyone received a prescription for medicinal CBD oil from Cannabis Clinic at Nakornping Hospital in Mae Rim.
I understand that they are the only cannabis clinic functioning in the area.

Not true. There are other Medicinal Cannabis clinics in CM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clokwise said:

Not true. There are other Medicinal Cannabis clinics in CM.

Do an Internet search and only two medical cannabis clinics come up for Chiang Mai:  Nakornping Hospital and CM Mediclinic. 
CM Mediclinic website says they will prescribe in the future but they do not right now.  So that only leaves Nakornping Hospital.

If you know of other cannabis clinics operating in Chiang Mai, can you supply the names of these clinics as well as their locations (like a GPS or Google Map link)?

On 1/29/2021 at 11:08 AM, tigerbeer said:

any further info to this?

Nope.
The way they refuse to prescribe CBD oil unless you're pretty much dying of a dreaded disease, you'd think that CBD oil is a heavy duty narcotic.  It's not.  Purely medical, no high. 
So I don't get it.  Plus I've checked in other places in Thailand just to get prices.  The stuff is absurdly expensive.  Up to 5000 THB for 1 milliliter.  That's simple ridiculous. This whole dog and pony  show has one purpose:  Give handful of select individuals and companies the ability to get wealthier by producing cannabis based produces.
Meanwhile make medical cannabis prohibitively difficult to obtain and expensive while maintaining laws on the books to throw normal citizens in jail for using regular cannabis while allowing the selected few individuals and companies to use it and prosper. 

It they are going to claim to have a medical cannabis program, then allow people to use it for those conditions that it is internationally prescribed for like in the US and EU. 

Edited by CALSinCM

1 hour ago, CALSinCM said:

Do an Internet search and only two medical cannabis clinics come up for Chiang Mai:  Nakornping Hospital and CM Mediclinic. 
CM Mediclinic website says they will prescribe in the future but they do not right now.  So that only leaves Nakornping Hospital.

If you know of other cannabis clinics operating in Chiang Mai, can you supply the names of these clinics as well as their locations (like a GPS or Google Map link)?

There is a small clinic in CM, operated by a very friendly English speaking doctor, his wife is the receptionist. He's a psychotherapist and is authorized to prescribe CBD and THC to his patients. I was one of his first cannabis patients, so I can confirm. I am reluctant to name him here because he successfully treated my wife who had suffered for years from severe bipolar disorder. She had been misdiagnosed by countless local and foreign doctors and he was the very first doctor anywhere who actually dealt with her like a human being and treated her without leaving every session with a big bottle of pills. Plus, he's already overwhelmed with his regular (non-cannabis) patients and I'd hate to be responsible for unloading possibly hundreds of TV members on him. His website is definitely searchable on google, I've probably already given more than enough detail for you to find him, so I'll leave it at that. I will also mention that although his was the first authorized such clinic in town, if you search hard enough, perhaps in Thai, you'll probably find there are a handful of other similar small clinics around town offering the legal Thai medicinal cannabis tincture.

And yeah, the tincure is expensive af. Better just to have your medical certificate on hand in case you get p¡ss tested, if you catch my drift.

Edited by clokwise
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, clokwise said:

There is a small clinic in CM, operated by a very friendly English speaking doctor, his wife is the receptionist. He's a psychotherapist and is authorized to prescribe CBD and THC to his patients. I was one of his first cannabis patients, so I can confirm. I am reluctant to name him ....

Clockwise, I applaud your decision not to name this doctor publicly. It certainly could turn into a real mash-up. I'm currently being treated for Glaucoma in both eyes, but no matter which medicine the doctor tries, my left eye doesn't seem to respond to it. Unfortunately, the doctor isn't allowed to prescribe cannabis for this condition as is so commonly done in the States. I've tried doing a Google search of psychotherapists in Chiang Mai, but am unable to drill down to the correct one. I'd surely appreciate it if you could PM me a bit more information so I can narrow my search.  Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clokwise said:

I presume my account here is limited somehow as I am unable to send PMs. Suggest you keep searching.

???? 555

"Search and ye shall find".

It's easy now.

Soon it will be like the good old, bad old days when you could buy it almost as easily as you could buy beer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillageIdiot said:

???? 555

It's easy now.

Soon it will be like the good old, bad old days when you could buy it almost as easily as you could buy beer.

Thanks, but I'm not looking to buy cannabis. I'm looking for a doctor's prescription.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2021 at 12:58 PM, VillageIdiot said:

???? 555

It's easy now.

So true.

The days of seeking out dodgy doctors in back sois are coming to an end along with the endless lunacy of the War on Drugs.

Little by little - poco a poco - by la nit by la noi... TIT

Edited by MisterTee
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 1:39 PM, clokwise said:

There is a small clinic in CM, operated by a very friendly English speaking doctor, his wife is the receptionist. He's a psychotherapist and is authorized to prescribe CBD and THC to his patients. I was one of his first cannabis patients, so I can confirm. I am reluctant to name him here because he successfully treated my wife who had suffered for years from severe bipolar disorder. She had been misdiagnosed by countless local and foreign doctors and he was the very first doctor anywhere who actually dealt with her like a human being and treated her without leaving every session with a big bottle of pills. Plus, he's already overwhelmed with his regular (non-cannabis) patients and I'd hate to be responsible for unloading possibly hundreds of TV members on him. His website is definitely searchable on google, I've probably already given more than enough detail for you to find him, so I'll leave it at that. I will also mention that although his was the first authorized such clinic in town, if you search hard enough, perhaps in Thai, you'll probably find there are a handful of other similar small clinics around town offering the legal Thai medicinal cannabis tincture.

And yeah, the tincure is expensive af. Better just to have your medical certificate on hand in case you get p¡ss tested, if you catch my drift.

What is the purpose of dangling an answer like this out there.
"Yes.  I know a clinic but I'm not going to tell you the name.  You'll just have to find it yourself if you can."

It's both unhelpful as well as smug.  Why bother answering.  Do you find this amusing? 

So for those of us out there, like Folk Guitar and I and perhaps others, if someone really knows a clinic or doctor prescribing cannabis at this time, be a helpful and compassionate human being and simply tell us who and where the clinic is?  Please?  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

It's both unhelpful as well as smug.  Why bother answering.  Do you find this amusing?
So for those of us out there, like Folk Guitar and I and perhaps others, if someone really knows a clinic or doctor prescribing cannabis at this time, be a helpful and compassionate human being and simply tell us who and where the clinic is?  Please?  Thank you!

Fine, I'll respond. First of all, this clinic is a psychotherapy clinic. If you go in there complaining about arthritis or bone spurs or dandruff you're gonna be put on the next tuk-tuk back home. And they're not gonna just hand out bottles of THC tincture like candy. The doctor will make an evaluation and decide how best to treat you - which by the way may not include cannabis medicines - you don't get to decide, the doctor does. In my opinion this is how medical marijuana should be prescribed, not like the joke system they started with in California where you visit a doctor in a strip-mall and basically only say "ugh muh brain hurts" and then 2 minutes later you walk next door with your freshly minted medical marijuana card and buy your prescription. Here, this doctor is just trying to offer the widest range of available services and treatments to his patients.

And he is just one guy, this isn't a large scale operation. Having observed first-hand how he personally cares for each of his patients, if he were to spend more and more time dealing with stoners instead of treating his existing patients, I just don't feel that is fair to his real patients. And I would bet that this eventually might force him to completely stop offering medical marijuana treatment. No, I'm not calling you a stoner. But let's face it, if his clinic were more widely known he's gonna get a lot of stoners coming in.

Call me smug or unhelpful, I don't care. I am actually a compassionate person, and I am sorry that you are unable to find suitable treatment for your illness at this time. My original statement still stands: there are definitely clinics around town, readily found via google. I can't vouch for the others as I haven't visited them and apparently (as stated by someone above) one of them may have either moved or closed down. If you happen to find this particular doctor, great, make an appointment and go see him. But please don't post info about how to find him on TV, that would be reckless and irresponsible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, clokwise said:

stoners

If calling people who use cannabis by this name is not SMUG I don't know what is

smug

/sməɡ/

adjective: smug; comparative adjective: smugger; superlative adjective: smuggest

having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.

"he was feeling smug after his win"

Similar:

self-satisfied

complacent

self-congratulatory

superior

puffed up

Never thought I'd see the day when the good people of Chiang Mai didn't know where to shop.

There are a few entrepreneurs whose licenses are still, ahem, under consideration. Basically, anything can be ordered online and delivered to home-- CBD oil, flower, edibles, concentrates.  You have to find a friend who's down and get the secret password to a group. Then it's easier than Lazada.

On 2/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, Puwa said:

Never thought I'd see the day when the good people of Chiang Mai didn't know where to shop.

There are a few entrepreneurs whose licenses are still, ahem, under consideration. Basically, anything can be ordered online and delivered to home-- CBD oil, flower, edibles, concentrates.  You have to find a friend who's down and get the secret password to a group. Then it's easier than Lazada.

This is more of the same unhelpful posting.
"All you need to know are the right people and have the secret handshake and you're in!"
"All you need to do is online searches in the Thai language and they're clinics everywhere!"

If you know, then why not just post the clinic's name and location?  Instead you get these childish posts.  It's like when we were kids and there was always kids out there saying, "I know something you don't know and I'm not telling."  I assume people grow out of that behavior by adulthood.  Maybe not.

If there is a clinic other than Nakornping Hospital that is currently open or opens in the future and some good-hearted member knows about it, please share with the rest of the CM community.  This isn't about 'getting stoned', it's about trying to find medical grade CBD oil in Chiang Mai for a medical problem from a legally licensed clinic.

Edited by CALSinCM

• 7 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 1:39 PM, clokwise said:

Hi, I am looking for a good, kind mental health Dr. I saw you said your wife saw "a very friendly English speaking doctor" and you wrote "very first doctor anywhere who actually dealt with her like a human being".  This is exactly what I have been looking for.  I am not neccessarily looking for cbd (not against it though) but I would really like a NICE and carring psychologist. Would it be possible to email me more info? thanks for any help you can give me. [email protected]