Abandoned boy found nursing sick companion on Samut Sakhon street

webfact

Abandoned boy found nursing sick companion on Samut Sakhon street

By The Nation

800_6e1dc3d57e2cff0.jpg?v=1590481028

Photo Credit to Ammaret Pankaew

A 14-year-old Samut Sakhon boy has been forced to live on the street during the pandemic after he was reportedly thrown out of his home by his father and stepmother.

Facebook user Ammaret Pankaew said he encountered the boy near Samut Sakhon City Pillar Shrine and asked where he lived.

The boy, who gave his name as Pond, told Ammaret he had been expelled from the family home some time ago and had been living with a friend who he met on a street.

His friend is now ill, so the boy has been spending his savings to buy food and water for himself and his sick companion, he said.

After the story was shared on social media, Pond’s real mother today (May 26) contacted Ammaret and asked him to take care of her son, as she does not want him to be taken away by social services.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388538

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

This is heartbreaking, so his biological mother asks a stranger to look after him, she can't do that herself? What a start in life for the little fellow, rejection, rejection, rejection. It wouldn't be surprising if the worm turned and he ends up as a criminal later in life, it is sickening, isn't his father legally bound to care for him? Is this the extent of Thai law that you are allowed to throw out your children on to the street like garbage? Will there be no legal consequences for him? No doubt his biological mother will go to the temple to pray that someone else takes over her responsibilities. Horrendous!!!!

I’m not so sure I agree with you seems to me his trial is teaching him empathy and compassion I hope good things come to him in his future good luck young man I think you are rising to the challenge of your situation I hope it gets better for you soon

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

This is heartbreaking, so his biological mother asks a stranger to look after him, she can't do that herself? What a start in life for the little fellow, rejection, rejection, rejection. It wouldn't be surprising if the worm turned and he ends up as a criminal later in life, it is sickening, isn't his father legally bound to care for him? Is this the extent of Thai law that you are allowed to throw out your children on to the street like garbage? Will there be no legal consequences for him? No doubt his biological mother will go to the temple to pray that someone else takes over her responsibilities. Horrendous!!!!

He is displaying empathy and compassion, I wish him a kind benefactor to allow him  education, safety, security and nutrition and health care.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tug said:

I’m not so sure I agree with you seems to me his trial is teaching him empathy and compassion I hope good things come to him in his future good luck young man I think you are rising to the challenge of your situation I hope it gets better for you soon

The trials in life are supposed to come when you have a fixed character and have both feet on the ground, not in your formative years, yes he has shown empathy, kudos to him but it was to someone on whom he has come to rely, he has nobody else. He has learned rejection too early in life, hopefully now that it is out on social media someone will come forward either the state or a relative. The father certainly deserves punishment and social shaming, as for the mother...well even a stray cat looks after its young.

On 5/26/2020 at 12:06 PM, overt2016 said:

Sorry, but this makes me sick. Thailandm4.0!!!!!

It is a sad story and deserves attention compared to one which Richard Barrow flogs on his Twitter. A guy could not return with his Thai wife and kid on a Thai evac flight. He had to stay in behind in S.Africa. Some people complain on a high level. 

4 minutes ago, Letseng said:

It is a sad story and deserves attention compared to one which Richard Barrow flogs on his Twitter. A guy could not return with his Thai wife and kid on a Thai evac flight. He had to stay in behind in S.Africa. Some people complain on a high level. 

And both would be justified for entirely different reasons.

One question It says his real mother contacted Ammerant to look after her son. Is there a reason why she cant? Surely a mothers love would be so strong that she would get him and try and look after him? But yes its sad So sad To hIs dad and stepmom you should just drop dead.You are awful people. I have seen this before. My neighbour across the road got rid of his daughter because her step mom did not want her. Girl was 14 Stepmom is an absolute Bit  ch and her father is a gutless wonder for letting that happen

8 hours ago, ubon farang said:

One question It says his real mother contacted Ammerant to look after her son. Is there a reason why she cant? Surely a mothers love would be so strong that she would get him and try and look after him? But yes its sad So sad To hIs dad and stepmom you should just drop dead.You are awful people. I have seen this before. My neighbour across the road got rid of his daughter because her step mom did not want her. Girl was 14 Stepmom is an absolute Bit  ch and her father is a gutless wonder for letting that happen

Maybe she has a farang b/f who doesn't want her kid.

There are many like that out there

16 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Maybe she has a farang b/f who doesn't want her kid.

There are many like that out there

Pity That is not the kids fault. I have Thai wife with 2 daughters 19 and 23 I accepted them even though thye are not home a lot Sad world