Most people want a vacation from the lockdown, survey shows

snoop1130

Most people want a vacation from the lockdown, survey shows

By The Nation

800_b6eb779070ecd83.jpg

An opinion survey conducted by retailer Watsons learned that most people want to go travelling once the Covid-19 outbreak comes to an end.

The survey, by the international health and beauty retailer from April 8 to 22, asked 4,000 women aged between 18 and 39 what they wanted to do once the crisis is over. Of the respondents, 21 per cent said they wanted to visit natural attractions within the country, and 37 per cent chose Hua Hin, 29 per cent Chiang Mai and 9 per cent Chiang Rai.

Meanwhile, 14 per cent said they wanted to go overseas, of whom 53 per cent wanted to fly to Japan, 15 per cent to South Korea and 9 per cent to England.

As for what they wanted to do immediately, 19 per cent said they want to go shopping again, even though the government’s lockdown measures has made online shopping more popular, while 17 per cent said they wanted to go out for a meal, especially buffet. The government has allowed many restaurants to reopen provided they strictly implement social-distancing measures.

Of the women surveyed, 11 per cent said they wanted to go to the beauty salon for skin and hair treatment and manicures.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388542

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

I need a vacation. My family needs a vacation. No water festival down time and then the BS no travel from home BS. I want to travel but I know it is still not the time as the virus is out there and the real data not available as I believe there is a cover up. 

Nothing surprising here I expect many people can relate to this stary and would agree that getting away from all this lockdown and restrictions would be the ideal way. What I fail to understand is why TAT think that tourists with a modicum of intelligence will want to be locked down and have to adhere to stupid restrictions in another district or country - it's just not going to happen.....!!!!!

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An opinion survey conducted by retailer Watsons learned that most people want to go travelling once the Covid-19 outbreak comes to an end.

I want a Rolls Royce but I can't afford one... what most people want is out of reach.

Better to ask, what they can afford to do!

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

That's what the Say, But can they afford the Holliday after the lean times and Very Lean times for the people who didn't have and still don't have a Job. One needs money for a Holliday.  ????

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Sure, everyone would love a break... we just need to negotiate a cease fire with the virus... but it is blockheaded, purposeful and unrelenting... 

Virus 5MM - People 0

Sounds like you've swallowed the official propaganda hook line and sinker. Try this antidote.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-cdc-confirms-remarkably-low-coronavirus-death-rate-media/

1 hour ago, smiggley said:

I would love to see the list of questions asked.

Possibly along the lines of ‘ how often do you hit your wife?’

A strange organisation / business to conduct this survey.  Almost like the Royal Horticultural Society conducting a survey on which sport respondents preferred to take part in.