UK COVID-19 death toll tops 47,000 as pressure heaps on PM Johnson

snoop1130

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am seeing 37,000 as a total. Is this number correct? UK, is already number two. But that is an extraordinary number. Of course nowhere near the crazy US numbers. But, they are the world leaders!

You have to bring the total number in a relation to the number of citizens. Then Belgium is the worst country, Spain 2nd and the UK 3rd. The US are not in the top 10. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CNXexpat said:

You have to bring the total number in a relation to the number of citizens. Then Belgium is the worst country, Spain 2nd and the UK 3rd. The US are not in the top 10. 

Belgium counts NOT only those, who died in a hospital after a corona tests, but also all - especially in care homes for elderly - who for nealty sure died because of corona, so a LOT more honest. See my previous posting # 38

Edited by puipuitom

412 deaths today . Up 300 from two days ago. Mainly in England off course. 

Just as you would expect to see , a couple of weeks after the ease in lockdown we are now climbing in deaths again. When shops open on June 15th maybe we can even get back up to 1000 a day ...

I give up. 

19 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Both Johnson and Trump have done a lousy job in this emergency. The Cummings thing is way overblown....he's a senior person in the government ordinary laws don't apply to him as we see every day on all countries around the world. He caused no one any harm, so get over your selves and let him get on with his job.

How can DC "get on with his job" As a senior adviser to the British Government he must have integrity and trustworthy attitude/performance to help lead. He has niether the snake in the grass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

May I correct you:

The govt and almost half of the island behave like being part of a comedy. ????????????

Then you don't like facts....Oh well, expected from you.....????

On 5/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, evadgib said:

The MSM cartel, coupled with this website's restrictive parameters render many non MSM links to the sin bin.

#mediascum & #scummedia are as good a place as any to start but rest assured the message is everywhere. There's a lot more detail too but I have kept this simple and to the point.

HTH

Well said.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:49 PM, White Christmas13 said:

Just to inform you this is a international forum and I am sitting in my 3 bedroom

apartment and having some nice Australian Cabernet Merlot  

Good for you! Can I join you? Oh no .... I forgot. ????????

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

or they're hiding something...

Unless you have proofs of many deaths in hospitals, countless coffins and funerals, busy hospitals etc.

Nowadays, it isn't difficult to videotape this as everyone has a camera nowadays.

So they are not 'hiding something'. There are lots of people who don't want to believe in the figures of other countries for obvious reasons.

Edited by EricTh

On 5/27/2020 at 6:52 AM, puipuitom said:

Those nomal people OVERWHELMINGLY - seen the UK system with "the winner takes it all" - voted for this always lying P.M. with ZERO interests in details.. Whiffle, whaffle, whiffle whaffle... And as so often in history... it's another, who does the jhob, the real PM, Mr Dominic Cummings, acting in fact as P.M. 

My condolances... with your stupidity...

Don,t take Britain leaving the eu so badly,it won,t be lasting much longer.

On 5/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, 473geo said:

Governments can only do so much, the attitude and acceptance of the nation is also key to keeping the death rate down

Nope , don't  believe it, Thais cant social distance to save their  lives,  in fact Ive seen no change at  all by me except when one day no one had masks and the next  they did BUT this was  still way after it was  well  known about the virus being in Thailand and then there's the way they  have them up and down continually. Something is making Thailand and surrounding countries less amenable to Cv19's spread.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:13 PM, puipuitom said:

Belgium counts NOT only those, who died in a hospital after a corona tests, but also all - especially in care homes for elderly - who for nealty sure died because of corona, so a LOT more honest. See my previous posting # 38

"Nealty sure died"early start today?

On 5/27/2020 at 8:24 PM, sawadee1947 said:

May I correct you:

The govt and almost half of the island behave like being part of a comedy. ????????????

Yet invented  vaccinations amongst many other  things

On 5/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, Traubert said:

Out of pensioners yet Boris? No?

Give us a shout when we're down to the last handful.

Given it’s only the wrinklies that foisted brexit upon the younger generations that didn’t want it, that might not be a bad thing ! 

On 5/27/2020 at 1:05 PM, puipuitom said:

Again a Brit, who cannot read nor calculate: Singapore: 23 deaths tested + confirmed with 32.343 confirmed infected and 16.444 recovered of the virus with over million inhabitants... https://www.bing.com/search?q=corona+deaths+Singapore&cvid=09d5c338aecd4d73b0381896e46696a5&FORM=ANSPA1&PC=U531

UK: 37.048 tested + confirmed deaths and 265.227 confirmed infected and ZERO recovered with 67,85 mln inh. 

Atleast something you British are the best of the world...

don’t forget darts ! 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, kingdong said:

"Nealty sure died"early start today?

'Almost certainly died' (from the virus).

Writing and speaking correctly in a language that is not your mother tongue ain't easy.

A lot of Brits never get beyond English 101.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

'Almost certainly died' (from the virus).

Writing and speaking correctly in a language that is not your mother tongue ain't easy.

A lot of Brits never get beyond English 101.

would have made allowances had I realised he was a europhile petite

There is no national figure in Italy for deaths in care homes - the numbers are collated on a regional basis and slightly different measures are being used in different parts of the country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52530918

But, says Eleonora Perobelli, a researcher at the Observatory on Long Term Care in Milan, "the vast majority of officially confirmed Covid-19 related deaths are registered in hospitals".

We do know that the UK figures as of 5 May include more than 4,600 people who died "in a community setting'"- in other words outside hospital. We also know that there were relatively few tests carried out in care homes until recently.

But in Italy, we simply don't know how many of the Italian deaths may have occurred outside hospital.

So it is difficult in this case to be confident that we really are comparing like with like.