BANGKOK
HauptmannUK

฿2000 electricity refund?

Posted (edited)

My wife owns a couple of properties in Thailand, including a house near Udon. We are stuck in UK right now and her sister is looking after the house in Udon.  Sister claims that there is an online form somewhere that my wife can complete to claim a ฿2000 bill refund payment from the Provincial Electricity Authority (note - this is not the meter deposit refund).

I have not been able to find such a form. Is there such a scheme?

She has received bills of around ฿500/month since New Year. No free electricity.

Edited by HauptmannUK

2 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

I had about 200 units deducted of my May bill. Saved me 900 Baht.

Btw. They also gave a 3% discount.

Pattaya.

Which is what CharlieH was alluding to in the post above yours.......

Been more than a couple of threads on this.

My bill I just got used 1100 units bill was something 🤗like 4500 baht I got 299 baht off?

This months bill 1,111bht for 489 units .......... good deal!

Well, went to pay my electric bill for two months (last month I tried to pay by an APP but it was the wrong APP). Anyway, last month my bill was 3599 baht ... it was reduced to 2504 baht. The current bill was 3924 baht ... reduced to 2612 baht. A savings of 2407 baht = about $75.22 USD. Yes that makes a difference felt on my monthly budget.

Posted (edited)

Bill this month is what it is but capped at February's bill; anything over February's reading is reduced (deducted) in units from May's bill to bring it to Febs level, if it is more, which it was.

We applied for the other refund online. I didn't do it as it was in Thai. I  got someone else to do it. They paid us just over 5k.

Pretty generous really.

Edited by maprao
Spelling

My bill for this month was THB 1293.93 (341 units) which was totally discounted. So a freebie and I believe it will be the same for the next 2 months. Thank you PEA.

Me and the wife aren't in Thailand at the moment but last week the wife's SCB bank  account got credited with about 2,000

Posted (edited)

There is the deposit return which varies by the size of your meter.

There is also a discount being taken off of bills right now but it is only for the 5w meters.  I don't get it because I have a 15W meter.

It will be listed on your bill.

Edited by rwill

4 minutes ago, rwill said:

I don't get it because I have a 15W meter.

There is a 3% discount for everyone and for others with the 15 amp meter there is another discount if usage above that in February.  So most people are getting something even if they may have to wait a bit and have deducted from next bill.