Relief funding for three groups of needy people okayed

snoop1130

Relief funding for three groups of needy people okayed

By THE NATION

800_b23f56f81d667c8.jpg

The Cabinet on Tuesday (May 26) approved in principle the Social Development and Human Security Ministry's proposal that the government spend Bt39 billion to hand out relief cash to three groups of 13 million people.

The funds will cover 1.4 million poor children, from newborns to six-year-olds; 9.6 million elderly; and 2 million handicapped people.

Each member of the three groups will be given Bt1,000 per month for three months from May to July. Since payments will begin next month, they will be given Bt2,000 for the months of May and June together.

This budget will be drawn from the government’s Bt1.1 trillion loan.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388545?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-26

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Each member of the three groups will be given Bt1,000 per month for three months from May to July.

Bt 1,000 for monthly living expense in Thailand.

The manufacturing cost of China is cheaper than Thailand. 

And Thailand is relying on Chinese tourist for economy.

Something wrong in this premise.  

This is on top of the 700/800 they already receive, so it more than doubles their income for the three months. If you think it is not enough I will send you the bank details of the wife's father and you can add a more significant amount.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

This is on top of the 700/800 they already receive, so it more than doubles their income for the three months. If you think it is not enough I will send you the bank details of the wife's father and you can add a more significant amount.

I think it's not enough!

But I helped out 5 people/ families already!

I guess for the wife's father...how about you do it yourself?

48 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

I think it's not enough!

But I helped out 5 people/ families already!

I guess for the wife's father...how about you do it yourself?

He is very happy with the life I have provided, much better than he would have imagined. Whenever he needs money it is there for him but he is very frugal. He shares the house with us, we have just built a new bedroom with ensuite for him and he has a large garden to grow his vegetables.

It is the posters that only look after themselves and not share with others that I disagree with.