Angry Mob Of New Yorkers Verbally Assaults Woman For Not Wearing Mask!

Crazy Alex

While this crisis has brought out the best in people, it has also brought out the worst in others.

Those with a tendency toward sanctimony are wallowing in the mud without any awareness that they themselves are primary factors in the destruction of communities as trust breaks down and the Orwellian nature takes over.

I see friends who were recently at other friends houses boozing it up judge others for not socially distancing - hypocrisy and sanctimony are rife and becoming more so as people lose sight of a bigger picture that we should all be supporting each other, human nature is sometimes so ashamedly flawed.

Edited by richard_smith237

Their shop their rules respect private property of which a shop this is. No one has a right to be where the owner doesn't want them to be. I would have called the cops to get her off my property whatever her ethnic 'diversity', 

Edited by jimmyswale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

Their shop their rules respect private property of which a shop this is. No one has a right to be where the owner doesn't want them to be. I would have called the cops to get her off my property whatever her ethnic 'diversity', 

That's odd... I don't see any mention of store management telling her to leave or being involved at all. Oops!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Another attempt to manipulate people.

I have observed a common trend in the past few weeks; A targeted posting of  exaggerated claims from tabloid sources like the Daily Mail.

As the Daily mail  admits, all New York residents have been required to wear masks in shops and other areas where social distancing isn't possible since April 17. Nothing wrong in this requirement and despite OP's claim to the contrary it is not harmful to people with "asthma" under these circumstances. On the contrary, it can protect such people. Of course  people get upset when selfish folks  act as if they don't have to respect others. Wearing a mask doesn't harm anyone else.

This is a non story intended to stir up trouble.  Don't be a  sucker and fall prey to the manipulation. Use common sense. 

Specifically, what has been exaggerated? And who are you to make decisions for people with asthma or other conditions?

But yes, it's a story intended to stir up trouble- for neanderthals who thought their behavior was acceptable.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It may be risky if you have asthma lol. So it's ok to put others at risk? It's a red herring anyway, as fair to assume she didn't have a medical reason. More to the point, if your lungs are shot, they're doing her a favor - her risk of mortality is high if her lungs truly are in bad shape.

She has telegraphed she doesn't care about others, so I don't see why others should be held to a different standard. It's not polite how the mob handled it, but she's just as bad.