Phuket prepares Phase 3 COVID-19 restrictions easing

webfact

Phuket prepares Phase 3 COVID-19 restrictions easing

c3fbdac87d14a965d52a2560d122f495_small.jpg

PHUKET (NNT) - More businesses are now allowed to open as part of the easing of Phase 2 restrictions, while certain businesses such as spa and massage parlours are expected to reopen on a later date in Phase 3. Phuket, a tourism island that’s home to many spas and massage parlours, is now preparing for the day when these businesses can resume.

Phuket province, along with Phuket Rajabhat University, Phuket Provincial Public Health Office, and Phuket Spa Association have held a workshop for spas and massage parlours on disease control measures, that these businesses must adopt once allowed to reopen.

The measures start with adjusted services where customers must have their temperature taken, and venues must be capacity controlled to limit the number of customers and service duration at any given time.

Employees will have their break time staggered, and should frequently disinfect their personal items. Businesses must provide training to employees and ask them not to visit crowded areas. Sprays won’t be used in the premises to prevent use of aerosols. Employees must keep at least 1-meter distance, while the venues should be well ventilated and disinfected frequently.

These measures will serve as guidelines for spas and massage parlours in Phuket, preparing themselves prior to the reopening of their businesses once the government further eases the restrictions, while helping limit the transmission of COVID-19, and boost confidence among customers.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200526222845663

nnt.jpg

7 hours ago, beechbum said:

"Employees must keep at least 1-meter distance"....????

That,s a hell of a good spa/massage treatment...perhaps they are using "ghost,s" to fortify the parts that live hands are not allowed to touch....on what planet are these folk on :whistling:

I don,t think anyone in a position of power ever thought this out while they were imposing the restrictions. ALL totally impractical, 1 year in jail for setting foot on the beach in Pattaya, name, temperature and telephone number to get in 7/11, only 1 person per table in any restaurant, not supposed to be within a couple of metres of another human during normal daily life ? Has it ever occurred to the general population that the people who are making these rules are not, as we say, the full quid ? I once had a Water Dept. Engineer tell me that the reason I was getting no water was because my water meter was not big enough, I needed a bigger meter, and I truly believe officials of this ilk exist in all levels of administration ????

• Like 1

Seems a cart and horse situation.   Spas and massage places are primarily tourist driven, with relatively low number local/expat trade.   What is the point of these places opening and incurring expense when the clientele base is virtually none?   The same with hotels/guesthouses when we get to that point.   

• Like 1

The ironic part of the story is employees must keep a meter between each other while giving another person a massage...555...comedy gold from the officials.

Edited by beechbum
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Seems a cart and horse situation.   Spas and massage places are primarily tourist driven, with relatively low number local/expat trade.   What is the point of these places opening and incurring expense when the clientele base is virtually none?   The same with hotels/guesthouses when we get to that point.   

Pagallim, wrong you are with regard massage, 80% of my wife's massage businesses comes from Thai's

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

The ironic part of the story is employees must keep a meter between each other while giving another person a massage...555...comedy gold from the officials.

They are referring  to ????????????????

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I don,t think anyone in a position of power ever thought this out while they were imposing the restrictions. ALL totally impractical, 1 year in jail for setting foot on the beach in Pattaya, name, temperature and telephone number to get in 7/11, only 1 person per table in any restaurant, not supposed to be within a couple of metres of another human during normal daily life ? Has it ever occurred to the general population that the people who are making these rules are not, as we say, the full quid ? I once had a Water Dept. Engineer tell me that the reason I was getting no water was because my water meter was not big enough, I needed a bigger meter, and I truly believe officials of this ilk exist in all levels of administration ????

Some i believe are using this as a crude attempt of a data base, but saying that the government have done a very good job of massing info with there registration for cash help, as some may confirm in time to come !! 

32 minutes ago, Almer said:

Pagallim, wrong you are with regard massage, 80% of my wife's massage businesses comes from Thai's

Where are this massage shops?

Only can think about phun phon or the blind massage where 80% are thais here on hkt.

3 hours ago, Almer said:

They are referring  to ????????????????

Yes i understand that, stay a meter from another masseur while massaging a stranger, makes total sense....

Edited by beechbum

4 hours ago, Almer said:

Within the context of Phuket only, I doubt very much that would be the case, certainly within the resort areas.   Where is your wife's business?

4 hours ago, schlog said:

Where are this massage shops?

Only can think about phun phon or the blind massage where 80% are thais here on hkt.

Issan but i fear the tourist spots will have to adapt to mainly thai for the next 12 months

• Confused 2