Thailand's unsung Covid-19 success story

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Hundreds of thousands of Chinese tourists descended on the kingdom over the Lunar New Year holiday, a time when the deadly virus and its contagiousness were barely understood. Prioritizing tourism over health, Thailand’s government left its borders open to China and the wider world.

Prayut doesn't know how lucky he was, leaving the borders open to take the New Year windfall from Chinese tourists. They knowingly took the risk to rake in the money over the health of the general public.

Then belatedly took the steps to follow the rest of the world.

If infection rates and deaths had amounted to those as in some western countries the would be out of office already...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Funny no mention of other Southeast Asian countries e.g Vietnam with a much better COVID19 record than Thailand with ZERO deaths.
Can't help but think people in this part of Asia have some built in Immunity or perhaps a herb boosting their immune systems?
Probably a paid for PR Article.

You may have missed. They have already published Vietnam success story a while ago. 

2 hours ago, Tanlic said:

How stupid do you think people are? There are only eg 6 cases in Phitsanulok. Do you think for one minute if someone died of Covid 19 they could hide it and get away with it? Thais gossip the  same as everyone but out of 870,000 people who live there not one rumour suggesting there are people dying of Covid 10 is being circulated. Hospitals have thousands of staff u simply cant hide the truth from all..........you're the one that is in denial about how well Thailand for whatever reason has handled this 

I think nobody died of Covid 10 as it is called Covid-19 , but ok i get where your going . Still the nr's can't be right and are being kept low to keep people in line and hope to let tourists return quickly . But i also think that there is a reason why in my mind the real nr's are also low . I don't know the reason but i hope that it will stay like this and everything can be on it's way back to normal step by step . And as some others say , nothing new normal , people will forget anything ever happened and will be back to normal normal .

lucky and fortunate.  

asians  wear masks and after some initial waffling,  remember that, masks were suggested and the country seemed to have masks unlike USA.   no hand shaking. high pepper consumption.   I dont believe more sunbathers than Oz or Vit D BS.  perhaps this wasn't the first time a virus like this was in Thailand.  Some sort of immunity?

no handshake and hugs or cheek kisses. 

tell me BTS open for so long was smart.  

I think it was just lucky that the sick chinese cancelled their trips. or didnt plan to come.  I wonder how many last-minute cancellations in the flights there were from China?  I think it's a little early to be bragging about any one country,  this is far from over. 

Edited by Elkski

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

An article written by a journalist whom I very much doubt would indulge in cheap, cheque-book journalism.

https://thediplomat.com/authors/shawn-crispin/

There's nothing negative at all in that article it's 100% boot licking material.
What about the economic effects of SARS-COV-2 and the SOE he forgot that bit?

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1