Extending Thailand Elite Visa COVID-19

23 minutes ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

If you are a foreigner living in Thailand on a Thailand Elite visa will you be able to extended your visa as usual due to the Covid-19 situation?

Yes, they are processing normal extensions for longer term visas as usual based on what I've read.

• Like 1

I just got a reply from Thailand Elite.

Greetings from Thailand Elite Member Contact Center....

As per the inquiry on 
Stay Extension, please be informed that  you can do the 1-year stay extension at immigration in your province by booking with usat least 5 working days in advance. The extension can be done 30 days in advance and before the expiry date of your arrival stamp.

The required documents for Stay Extension as below; 

• 2 Inches X 2 Photos
  • Departure Card (TM.6)
  • Elite Membership Card 
  • TM 7 form for stay extension
  • The receipt of TM 30 (Notification of address)
  • Service Fee 1,900 baht paying to the immigration officer.
  • Certified letter issued by Thailand Elite / will be sent to you 1-2 working days before the appointment date.
  • Passport with valid Elite visa
Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to advise us. We are available to serve you 24 hours.

I have booked through Thai Elite my 1 year Thai Elite PE Visa Extension at Udonthani for the 18th June and I will have all the required items.

Udonthani Immigration only requires a TM30 if one permanently changes address however just to be on the safe side I will have a screenshot copy of the TM30 from the online TM30 application.

Good luck with your extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

The appointment and letter may only apply in Bangkok or one of the locations where Thai Elite have staff or agents.

At other offices you can just walk in and do the application.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

Greetings from Thailand Elite Member Contact Center....

As per the inquiry on 
Stay Extension, please be informed that  you can do the 1-year stay extension at immigration in your province by booking with usat least 5 working days in advance. The extension can be done 30 days in advance and before the expiry date of your arrival stamp.

The required documents for Stay Extension as below; 

• 2 Inches X 2 Photos
  • Departure Card (TM.6)
  • Elite Membership Card 
  • TM 7 form for stay extension
  • The receipt of TM 30 (Notification of address)
  • Service Fee 1,900 baht paying to the immigration officer.
  • Certified letter issued by Thailand Elite / will be sent to you 1-2 working days before the appointment date.
  • Passport with valid Elite visa
Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to advise us. We are available to serve you 24 hours.

Hi, am I understanding this correctly? If you have a 5 year Elite visa for example you can get a 1 year extension of stay based on that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dode57k said:

Hi, am I understanding this correctly? If you have a 5 year Elite visa for example you can get a 1 year extension of stay based on that?

I have a 5 year Elite visa. Every year I have to get a 1 year extension stamp but due to the covid-19 situation I was concerned about things being more difficult but looks like everything is normal for a Elite visa if you are already in Thailand.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dode57k said:

Yes you can. It is a standard procedure if you do not travel out of the country for a year.

A member stayed for almost 5 years on his without leaving the country. He applied for a extension every year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can. It is a standard procedure if you do not travel out of the country for a year.

A member stayed for almost 5 years on his without leaving the country. He applied for a extension every year.

Ah I see, I'm halfway through a 5 year visa but have never stayed longer than 6 weeks at one time. So just for clarity, when the time is up on the Elite visa it's time to get a new one or find a different way to stay in the country?

7 minutes ago, dode57k said:

Ah I see, I'm halfway through a 5 year visa but have never stayed longer than 6 weeks at one time. So just for clarity, when the time is up on the Elite visa it's time to get a new one or find a different way to stay in the country?

You can do one last entry just before your PE visa expires and get a new one year entry or you can apply for a new visa.

The member I mentioned left and re-entered the country and go a new one year entry and later applied for a new visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do one last entry just before your PE visa expires and get a new one year entry or you can apply for a new visa.

The member I mentioned left and re-entered the country and go a new one year entry and later applied for a new visa.

Thank you, that's clear now.

1 minute ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

+ 1900 baht yearly, like the rest of us

Only if you do not leave and re-enter the country for a year. 

Most people travel during the year and get a new one year entry every time they enter the country.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 7:45 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

hahaha 500.000 baht elite

+ 1900 baht yearly, like the rest of us

money well spent, NOT

If you are under age 50, not working in Thailand and not married to a Thai or have any Thai children then there are not any avenues to legally live here.
So for 'the rest of us' we have to use Thai Elite visa.   

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 7:46 AM, Kelsall said:

IIRC, Star Visa in Chiang Mai told me I would just have to come into their office, pay the 1900 THB, and they would handle everything and I would not have to go to Immigration

Did you end up using their service?

How did it go?

Could you please give a summary of the process and the fee that Star Visa charged?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, kamma said:

Did you end up using their service?

How did it go?

Could you please give a summary of the process and the fee that Star Visa charged?

Thanks.

Extension not due yet so haven't used them.

• Thanks 1