Twitter fact-checks Trump tweet for the first time

webfact

6 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

5 States in which the governors and both houses of the legislature were controlled by Republicans searched for evidence of voter fraud which they were convinced existed. They found virtually nothing. 5 states including Utah have been doing voting by mail for years. No evidence of fraud there.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/21/15-election-results-that-were-thrown-out-because-of-fraudulent-mail-in-ballots/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

According to MamaNoodle whose comment I was citing. He's the one who believes that. So your quarrel, if you have one, is with him.  Here is his comment in full:

"Having an all mail-in ballot vote for the 2020 election will lead to voter fraud. This is what's being said and twitter felt the need to 'fact check' it. 

Do you disagree with this statement? Because if you think this is a lie or in any way untruthful then I dont know what to tell you. To say that there will not be any voter fraud in 2020 with mail-in ballots is a position only an imbecile or a Democrat would take."

I think election security = show up with valid ID, compare signature to that of registration, paper ballot, finger dipped in purple dye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I think election security = show up with valid ID, compare signature to that of registration, paper ballot, finger dipped in purple dye.

Typical bleeding heart leftie.  Dye can be washed off with solvent.  Only chopping the voting finger off would be authoritative.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Twitter deletes hate speech, which is so often a core of rightwing views, so yes, in a sense you are correct.

Twitter deletes hate speech. What if I tweeted about injecting Trump with a syringe full of air? That would be hate speech and deleted, correct?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

There is a point, well made. Who fact checks the factcheckers?

Knowingly making a false statement has landed people in trouble, some quite recently. One on an aircraft who shouted that he had corona virus, others that said people had dropped down dead after visiting certain places. They were punished, and rightly so. So why can't politicians who lie and spread falsehoods be punished in a like manner, irrespective of their political bent? Why are they considered better than the 'ordinary folks'?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

There is a point, well made. Who fact checks the factcheckers?

Knowingly making a false statement has landed people in trouble, some quite recently. One on an aircraft who shouted that he had corona virus, others that said people had dropped down dead after visiting certain places. They were punished, and rightly so. So why can't politicians who lie and spread falsehoods be punished in a like manner, irrespective of their political bent? Why are they considered better than the 'ordinary folks'?

You don’t seem to know how fact checking works.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teatime101 said:
  • The Brennan Center’s seminal report on this issue, The Truth About Voter Fraud, found that most reported incidents of voter fraud are actually traceable to other sources, such as clerical errors or bad data matching practices. The report reviewed elections that had been meticulously studied for voter fraud, and found incident rates between 0.0003 percent and 0.0025 percent. Given this tiny incident rate for voter impersonation fraud, it is more likely, the report noted, that an American will be struck by lightning than that he will impersonate another voter at the polls.

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/analysis/Briefing_Memo_Debunking_Voter_Fraud_Myth.pdf

I'll go with a University School of Law over a 'conservative think tank', thanks.

The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University Law School is a non-partisan[2] law and public policy institute that is sometimes seen as liberal[3][2] or progressive.[4] The organization is named after Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brennan_Center_for_Justice

I'll go for showin up in person to vote,over liberal and progressive think tanks

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Twitter deletes hate speech. What if I tweeted about injecting Trump with a syringe full of air? That would be hate speech and deleted, correct?

Probably not, you'd only be adding a little bit more.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

Topic at hand, quite a few bipartisan and Republican and even Trump investigations have shown Trump to be wrong.

Your second paragraph is nonsense on the virus, is nonsense on the Twitter statement and is totally over the top in the china comparison.

On the topic of nonsense - both your first and 2nd paragraph fit that description rather well, but there's no need to flame. If you don't agree with something, explain why you don't agree. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Having an all mail-in ballot vote for the 2020 election will lead to voter fraud. This is what's being said and twitter felt the need to 'fact check' it. 

Do you disagree with this statement? Because if you think this is a lie or in any way untruthful then I dont know what to tell you. To say that there will not be any voter fraud in 2020 with mail-in ballots is a position only an imbecile or a Democrat would take.

Opening banks will lead to bank robberies.  So let's ban banks.

Or we can acknowledge that banks are essential to the economy and work to minimize bank robberies.

With a pandemic and lockdown in place, and possibly still in place in November, encouraging vote by mail is essential to democracy (not that democracy is important to Trump).  In absence of evidence that large scale voting fraud has happened in the past (and there have been lots of mail in ballots in the past), it is logical to proceed with voting by mail.

5 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

It was sure good enough for you to barf up your original opinion on the matter before actually looking into it and getting the actual facts. 

Show me the facts that prove (prove, with evidence) that there will not be voter fraud. 

Back to the bank analogy; show me facts that prove, with evidence, that you will never rob a bank. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

All minor local elections decided by a small number of votes, and all cases in which the vote rigging was caught.  How about showing an example of a national, or even state-wide, election being affected by vote rigging or ballot tampering?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Do you think Trump votes that way, or ever will?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

All minor local elections decided by a small number of votes, and all cases in which the vote rigging was caught.  How about showing an example of a national, or even state-wide, election being affected by vote rigging or ballot tampering?

So local elections don't count? And how many were NOT caught?

Here's a guy recently busted for rigging Democrat primaries. I guess rigging primaries doesn't count.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/voter-fraud-south-philly-judge-elections-guilty-domenick-demuro-democrat-voting-machines/

Now comes the really trick part. It's going to take some logical thinking. Is there any reason to think people are limiting voter fraud tactics to local elections? A real toughie, isn't it?

And should we assume the voter fraud cases in Oregon in the 2016 election are the only people who committed fraud?

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2019/04/10-oregon-voters-plea-guilty-to-voter-fraud-in-2016-presidential-election.html

Hey, 2016 election. That would cover local, state and national, right?

Edited by Crazy Alex