Twitter fact-checks Trump tweet for the first time

webfact

As suspected of trump looks as though he will try to double down on 'Freedom of Speech', allegedly he will do so via an Executive Order. Whether is is legal to do so against public companies has to be a major question mark; is it just more nonsensical bluster from trump?

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/big-action-trump-threatens-social-media-after-twitter-fact-checks-him-20200528-p54x3j.html

• Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 10:42 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump’s response has been to declare Twitter’s action an attack on free speech and he goes on to say, ‘I, as President, will not let it happen’.

He seems not to understand Twitter is a private business, their platform is not a ‘public space’.

He also exposes he has little understanding of the limits of Presidential powers.

The root cause of his anger, somebody has the impertinence to challenge his lies.

Is that not what would happen in a banana republic if the 'great leader' does not like what he hears from his populous ?  Shut them down ....

Maybe a good idea after all that the Americans are armed to the teeth, ready to fight any nut job that may enter the white house and remove free speech and liberty for all ....

Unless all the guys and girls with all the guns agree with the 'nut job' in charge ...  ????.

17 hours ago, candide said:

The source you previously linked (a right-wing source), only found 20 cases between 1992 and 2018. It's peanuts compared to the number of local, national, primary etc... elections during this period of time.!

You are creating a tempest in a tea pot!

Yes, I'm sure voter fraud occurred only 20 times in 26 years. Voter fraud is a very tough crime to prosecute. As such, we should very stiff penalties for it. I'm thinking five years in prison. Without strong penalties, it's worth it to some people to keep engaging in it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I'm sure voter fraud occurred only 20 times in 26 years. Voter fraud is a very tough crime to prosecute. As such, we should very stiff penalties for it. I'm thinking five years in prison. Without strong penalties, it's worth it to some people to keep engaging in it.

LOL, Trump has never defrauded anyone. It's just good business, according to him.

How many years do you think Trump will get if a Democratic President is elected, with majorities in Congress and Senate? There's a bit of desperation in trying to downplay the death toll under his watch, which is down to him with his early responses.

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

In this case you obviously did a poor job in selecting this source to back your claims. ????

Anyway, we are still waiting for substantial evidence to back his claim "that Mail-In Ballots will be anything less than substantially fraudulent" and that “The Democrats are trying to Rig the 2020 Election, plain and simple!”

On 5/27/2020 at 7:14 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

I can see a problem here already. Why would I trust Twitters "fact checkers"? I have no idea who these individuals are, but seeing as the Facebook fact check team are a panel of well known leftists it is clearly a farce.

For the record, the mighty Facebook "fact check" team includes the deranged academic Pamela Karlan, who was a star witness during the Trump impeachment. Although she saw and witnessed and knew nothing at all about the case she was abusive towards Trumps young son, and said she crossed the road to not have to walk past one of Trumps properties. And we are expected to believe this will be a fair and impartial judge?!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-oversight-members-factbox/factbox-who-are-the-first-members-of-facebooks-oversight-board-idUSKBN22I2N0

Maybe you should do your own fact checking?  Are you really upset that someone didn’t want to walk on trump property-I’ll pee on one ????

Edited by Redline

15 minutes ago, Redline said:

That's the way the cookie crumbles. Trump is starting to expect he will lose elections so he's going full steam on the rigged elections claim.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, candide said:

That's the way the cookie crumbles. Trump is starting to expect he will lose elections so he's going full steam on the rigged elections claim.

why not?  it worked for hillary.

there are millions that still believe the russians "stole" the election.

take a crusty, old witch, call half the country deplorable, fail to campaign outside your own power center, and ignore electoral college math.  then blame the russians for $100K in facebook ads, in a $3billion dollar election, over half of which appeared after the election, when you lose.

trump is taking the same approach.  he's looking for someone to blame (as is standard practice for him), for 100,000 dead americans, loss of allied support, negative gdp, etc.  he'll have his hillary moment on election night, huddled with his advisors when the results start flooding in.  i'm betting he'll blame the chinese, using farcebook, to sow dissension.  or maybe colonel mustard in the parlour with a candlestick.  fake news!

11 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

take a crusty, old witch, call half the country deplorable, fail to campaign outside your own power center, and ignore electoral college math. 

And yet she still won more votes than Trump.

7 hours ago, Oxx said:

And yet she still won more votes than Trump.

and yet she still has not a seat behind the resolute desk.

failed to do the electoral college math, and she got nobody to blame but herself.  she's as bad as trump, which was the point of my post.  she blamed the russians for her loss, trump is preparing to blame the chinese.