Pattaya residents, where are you?

Brunolem

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It seems already open the borders to international tourism is not included in the ''all''

so wait and see and hope for the best

Yes a bit of a coddled egg there. They will open all borders on July 1st but are likely to impose terms for entry that make it near impossible for foreigners to get in.

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Was talking to a friend today who has a very profitable business here in Pattaya ,never known it so bad ,thinks he may have to close down ,at least 15 Thai people will lose their jobs , most have worked for him for nearly 20 years.

Yes, i have never seen before these big numbers of signs everywhere in

the city ''for rent'' or ''for sale'' or simply empty locals with no sign at all.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Was talking to a friend today who has a very profitable business here in Pattaya ,never known it so bad ,thinks he may have to close down ,at least 15 Thai people will lose their jobs , most have worked for him for nearly 20 years.

what kind of business is it? I didn't realize there was a very profitable business except jet ski scam of course

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

what kind of business is it? I didn't realize there was a very profitable business except jet ski scam of course

There are many many businesses here in Pattaya and Leam Chabang ,our son runs one for a foreign company ,luckily its not been affected by the virus .

On 6/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Phil McCaverty said:

Yes a bit of a coddled egg there. They will open all borders on July 1st but are likely to impose terms for entry that make it near impossible for foreigners to get in.

Unless they are from China 

• Confused 1

Just finished a walk on Pattaya Beach in north Pattaya.  The beach is immaculate--very clean and nice.  Quite a few Thais on the beach and some farangs, even though it looks like a storm might be coming.  Watched the sidewalk being put back one brick at a time--looked like very slow, painstaking archaeological work being done.  No wonder this project is taking forever.  Why in the world don't they just use something faster like concrete that would make a smoother surface to walk on--you always have to look down to see if you are about to trip on something.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, newnative said:

you always have to look down to see if you are about to trip on something

i recomand you also to look up, some very big coconuts fall from time to time

paticularly when there is wind like tonight, and it could be very dangerous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

i recomand you also to look up, some very big coconuts fall from time to time

paticularly when there is wind like tonight, and it could be very dangerous.

Yes, not to mention falling bar girls and depressed farangs.  

• Haha 1