Scottish partner ‘not mistreated’ by local doctors, confirms woman

geovalin

A plea for donations to help cover her boyfriend’s medical costs prompted headlines accusing Cambodian doctors of demanding £20,000 ($26,222) to save his lung.

But Alana Castillo Fonseca clarified on Monday that her partner had been mistreated by an insurance company, and not Cambodian doctors.

Scottish national Anthony Igoe, 31, and Fonseca, 28, who is from Malta, have been together for 12 years and arrived in Cambodia almost two years ago.

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/scottish-partner-not-mistreated-local-doctors-confirms-woman

Interesting that the story changed the closer they got to reaching their £20k target. Now at £17k, which, based on the latest report on the GFM page, will be more than enough to cover medical bills now that he seems to be in a better state.

The initial blast at both the hospital and the insurance company was obviously meant to garner the sympathy vote with the high target in mind. Now that both elements are seen to be ill founded, at best, I would hope that GFM has ways to vet the bona fides of such appeals and take the appropriate action.

G.F.M. Surely in this case means something slightly different. 

In England, there is a stereotypical view of Scots being as tight as the proverbial duck's posterior....

it doesn't surprise me that he didn't take the insurance out until after he went to hospital the first time. I wonder if his girlfriend of 12 years has any either. Those who contributed to this GFM should be certified as gullible as a minimum, if not down right stupid. He is 31, she is 28. That makes him 19 and her, 16 when they 'got together'.

Edited by Scott Tracy
Changed right to tight.