Lynch mob: Reenactment turns nasty as nonchalant elder brother shows how he blew away siblings in inheritance dispute

webfact

Lynch mob: Reenactment turns nasty as nonchalant elder brother shows how he blew away siblings in inheritance dispute

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai police had to hurriedly return to base after furious relatives and neighbors tried to lynch a man who murdered two younger brothers. 

Seri,45, had used his father's .38 revolver to shoot Wirachai, 37, and Sorayuth, 39, in a soi in Minburi, Bangkok.

Following the shooting he fled on a motorcycle and went to hide in a breaker's yard. Police pressure and a warrant led to him giving up to police at midday yesterday.

He admitted shooting his brothers after an argument over his father's inheritance and problems with the executors of the will. 

He has been charged with premeditated murder and weapons violations and been refused bail.

3pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police took him on a reenactment but were soon confronted by an angry mob of people hurling insults and intent on lynching the suspect. 

He was quickly taken back to Chalong Krung police station as scuffles developed. 

Daily News said that the suspect displayed a couldn't care less attitude that had enraged people at the reenactment.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-27

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

re-enactments are needless and primitive

They can be used to make sure you got the real perpetrator instead of someone taking the blame for a few baht. But in thailand its just a pony show of the police wanting credit for having arrested someone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Policeman imitates Chicken

3pm1.jpg

Don't think it was the twist or the funky chicken.

More like tune by the Trashmen "Everybody heard about the bird, the bird, bird, bird etc" used so well in Full Metal Jacket (or was it Apocalypse Now...?)

Reminds me of when they went through their re-enactment game at Mor Chit many years ago, and the angry mob tore the accused to pieces. I can't remember now what he had done but he was dealt with by street justice. So much quicker than the courts.

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why are we seeing all this ridiculous reenactments?

Prayut said he had banned them.

I agree with you that re-enactments are ridiculous but they weren't banned.  It was the parading of suspects in front of the media following successful arrests that was banned...but ignored.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Prayut said he had banned them.????

What on earth were plod thinking about? They must have been aware that something like that would happen.

Ohh silly me, that would have meant thinking first before doing anything.

It is common policing practice to encourage perpetrators to reenact their crime

• Confused 1

I don't know of any other country that do these re-enactments, but in my opinion they are only carried out because the police here are completely clueless when it comes to police work, if they didn't have these shows then the crimes would never be solved. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Reminds me of when they went through their re-enactment game at Mor Chit many years ago, and the angry mob tore the accused to pieces. I can't remember now what he had done but he was dealt with by street justice. So much quicker than the courts.

And who needs a constitutional state with laws, judges and cops, when you can just let mobs take over and get things done much quicker?

That is, until someone accuses you falsely of a crime of course...

3 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:
15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And who needs a constitutional state with laws, judges and cops, when you can just let mobs take over and get things done much quicker?

That is, until someone accuses you falsely of a crime of course...

I think the police prefer the lynch mob system. Saves time, and if someone is killed as a result it's never their fault of course, because the mob did it ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Prayut said he had banned them.????

What on earth were plod thinking about? They must have been aware that something like that would happen.

Ohh silly me, that would have meant thinking first before doing anything.

They are completely useless aren't they

I can't see one positive in performing a reenactment 

• Like 1

I'm still bewildered by the "didn't care" attitude he had towards killing both his brothers. I understand that Thai concept of family is a little different than the one I grew up with. But the greed and rage appears to have pushed out all thoughts of almost 40 years of brotherhood. I look at my wife's family, yes they argue, but they all come together and it never gets worse than words. But this is something I really don't get.