Thailand reports nine new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

Thailand reports nine new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

s2.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Wednesday reported nine new coronavirus infections, bringing its total to 3,054 confirmed cases. There were no new deaths reported.

The cases were Thai nationals in quarantine who recently returned from overseas, including two from the United States, one from Qatar and six from Saudi Arabia, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's coronavirus task force.

There are 2,931 patients who have recovered since the outbreak started. The country has recorded 57 deaths.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-27

38 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Why would they? Apart from returning Thais in quarantine, no one is being admitted to hospital with Covid, no one is dying from Covid, ergo no one has Covid. This was underlined by a mobile testing station in Pattaya which was terminated because they didn't find any positives. Despite the farang naysayers, who hate Thailand and don't believe the figures, the real facts suggest that until Thailand reopens it's borders, Covid is a thing of the past for Thailand.

oh dear

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

The fact that you have such a negative overreaction to a fairly factual sounding news report, shows the level of mental breakdown you are suffering. I meet people like you sometimes here. Fact is most of us living here for a while dont have this kind of mental breakdown. Most of us realize that living here, we are not on some kind of perpetual holiday. We realize that, like living in any country there will be good and bad....and yes even some racism toward us at times. I have NEVER really experienced much in the way of negativity toward me by Thais. At times the odd motorcycle taxi driver has had a comment etc.....but so what? Is your backbone weak? Do you miss your pork sausages from Sainsbury's  too much? Did you finally realize that the woman 20 years younger than you isnt with you because of your good looks and charm?

And you believe everything you read.  Sometimes things are written to get a rise out of people and get them to continue in adding to a post.  Enjoying slagging one another off can be fun, but when you start to believe it all, you need to take things with a pinch of salt and wade through the BS put forward.  Enjoy your day, I need to go wash my car and Motorcycle with copious amounts of water, you know we are in a drought right...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Why would they? Apart from returning Thais in quarantine, no one is being admitted to hospital with Covid, no one is dying from Covid, ergo no one has Covid. This was underlined by a mobile testing station in Pattaya which was terminated because they didn't find any positives. Despite the farang naysayers, who hate Thailand and don't believe the figures, the real facts suggest that until Thailand reopens it's borders, Covid is a thing of the past for Thailand.

On 24 May 2020 at 18:00, Thailand announced that 3,536 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 153,991 PUI, as shown in Table 1.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no142-240563.pdf

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And you believe everything you read.  Sometimes things are written to get a rise out of people and get them to continue in adding to a post.  Enjoying slagging one another off can be fun, but when you start to believe it all, you need to take things with a pinch of salt and wade through the BS put forward.  Enjoy your day, I need to go wash my car and Motorcycle with copious amounts of water, you know we are in a drought right...

If you roll over, I'll tickle your tummy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Good man. Have a couple of whiskys and a lie down (maybe a spliff or 2). The world will seem a much better place.

Yes, a few good bottles of the hard stuff with that other stuff called water (Ice after it melts), and a day in the sun after I eat a peck of Thai chili peppers, the red ones of course, will do the trick. The world is a great place when I wake up every morning.  If I don't wake up one day then I know I am truly screwed..... ????  Hopefully it was not Covid from an untested infected asymptomatic non mask wearing hypocrite who believed the percentages were not correct and was doing what they wanted to do, did not cause me to croak...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dunno about this group, but Monday's group certainly were not asymp.... And I'm not sure they've showed up in the confirmed case numbers as yet.

How they're letting those high fever folks fly from their various departing airports is something of a considerable mystery, under the circumstances....

It was the point I was making in my opening post to the OP, while also trying to be anecdotal regarding how the MOPH head man slagged us foreigners off, before I was summarily told I had a negative over reaction. 

If a person had a fit to fly 72 hour prior how would that override the fact that they had a fever upon boarding....mind boggling actually.....You and I would never had been let to board, so I am wondering what the criteria is for Thai Nationals and why it would be different from anyone else who was able to possibly fly, provided they met the government and CAAT requirements...

55 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

"Ergo no one has Covid" it's not the case since a very high percentage has either very mild or no sympthoms at all.

And it's another proof this massive overreaction over this Flu like virus is ridicolous.

I think that asymptomatic cases, or those with mild symptoms, are low here. If the percentage was significant, there would be larger numbers with significant symptoms and present to the hospital. Either that, or asymptomatic carriers are very poor speaders of infection. 

So, there is no risk of Covid-19 in Thailand save the few people who come from polluted foreign lands. This is what I take from these reports. Seems like Thai people get that message too, since they are relaxing their following of the social distancing/staying in policies. 

Also, China has good control over the virus...so, would be a good idea to let them start coming back. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sill trying to figure out how they were cleared to fly....

Yes, it's a good question. A week or so ago they flew 200 Thais back from London. You may remember this, as nine of them tested with a fever as soon as they landed in Thailand and were hospitalised. What shocked me was that the article said they'd arrived on EVA AIr flight BR68 from Heathrow, which is EVA's scheduled London-Bangkok-Taipei service. No non-Thai passengers would have been allowed into Thailand, but how many Taiwanese or British or other nationalities were there on the flight travelling on to Taipei who'd been exposed to the 200 Thai returnees? Did anybody tell them that nine of their fellow passengers had been tested with a fever and hospitalised on arrival in Bangkok? What about the cabin crew who'd been exposed to them? Has everybody who was on that flight now been quarantined, in Taipei or wherever they are? Or have the cabin crew happily returned to London where there are still no quarantine measures in place?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anton9 said:

"Ergo no one has Covid" it's not the case since a very high percentage has either very mild or no sympthoms at all.

And it's another proof this massive overreaction over this Flu like virus is ridicolous.

Evidence ?   

I don't know about the rest of the country, but in Buriram, all restaurants have to have their staff tested for Covid-19 before the staff may work in the restaurant.   All I know of have passed the tests 100% and stories circulating of any others producing failures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1