Thailand reports nine new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

They are not testing prior to boarding and were probably asymptomatic.

In the years gone by how many times have you got on a plane feeling 110%, but when you got off you were coughing, sneezing, nose running, and yet you survived ????

Will be really interesting how they are going to fit the narrative with "Confirmed" cases to contact tracing. Since they can't start tracing those with only one positive confirmation, but will have to wait for days before two reference labs have confirmed. Otherwise they'd leak out the number of "Probable" cases that have had only one positive test. 

Renders the whole tracing almost useless, of course.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

Looks like this will keep the Borders closed to all but returning Thai's until around October. This Thai Government is paranoid about a second wave starting. Accept that things aren't going to change anytime soon.

• Like 1

So, if this lady got it back in January in Houston....how long do you think Covid 19 was floating around Thailand BEFORE the semi lockdown? I'd hazard a guess that its been circulating here since at least late- ish last year. What percentage of the population here do you think has probably had this 'highly infectious' virus? I would imagine lot... I wouldnt be surprised if I have had it. I would like to get an antibody test. I wonder if the people that are making the vaccine want a cheap, reliable antibody test to be freely available? Could but into the profits if many, many more people have had it than was thought.

Edited by 248900_1469958220
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Will be really interesting how they are going to fit the narrative with "Confirmed" cases to contact tracing. Since they can't start tracing those with only one positive confirmation, but will have to wait for days before two reference labs have confirmed. Otherwise they'd leak out the number of "Probable" cases that have had only one positive test. 

Renders the whole tracing almost useless, of course.

Right. And, still waiting to hear about the application of the application. Anyone heard anything anywhere?

2 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

So, if this lady got it back in January in Houston....how long do you think Covid 19 was floating around Thailand BEFORE the semi lockdown? I'd hazard a guess that its been circulating here since at least late- ish last year. What percentage of the population here do you think has probably had this 'highly infectious' virus? I would imagine lot... I wouldnt be surprised if I have had it. I would like to get an antibody test. I wonder if the people that are making the vaccine want a cheap, reliable antibody test to be freely available? Could but into the profits if many, many more people have had it than was thought.

I have  read that Provincial Hospitals  do have antibody tests available. I too would like a test. I am going to check that out for access and cost.

• Like 1

Nine new cases found in state quarantine

By The Nation

800_6ff31374515192e.jpg?v=1590556006

There were nine new cases of Covid-19 over a 24-hour period, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Wednesday (May 27).

The total number of Covid-19 patients since the outbreak increased to 3,054.

Of the nine cases, two had returned from the US. The two males aged 18 and 27 had flown back on May 12 and were found to carry Covid-19 on May 26, on the last day of their state quarantine. Both were asymptomatic.

Six students aged 23-33 had returned from Saudi Arabia. They first flew to Malaysia and then transferred to the Padang Besar border checkpoint.

Officials of both countries suspect that the checkpoint now is a Covid-19 hotspot and should be closed for sanitation. Four of the patients had high fever and cough while two were asymptomatic.

A 34-year-old male masseuse returned from Qatar on May 22 and had high fever, coughing, and could not smell during state quarantine. He tested positive for Covid-19 on May 25.

Dr Taweesin asked Thai people in Malaysia to hurry up if they wanted to return home as the checkpoint was likely to be temporarily closed soon.

Meanwhile, two patients have fully recovered and returned home.

As of May 27, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,054 -- 66 are under treatment, 2,931 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 57 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases is around 5.5 million with about 350,000 deaths.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388588

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-27

2 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I have  read that Provincial Hospitals  do have antibody tests available. I too would like a test. I am going to check that out for access and cost.

If we don't hear from you for about two weeks, we'll assume that your test was positive and you got to stay in one of those nice hotels. 

Edited by JCP108

20 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

In the years gone by how many times have you got on a plane feeling 110%, but when you got off you were coughing, sneezing, nose running, and yet you survived ????

You asked me so yes, I have.  A couple of times 17 hour flights. Got on feeling great, got off sick as a dog and not food poisioning.

And I am here, so guess I survived. ????

37 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You do realize, anyone can be tested and found healthy today, and then tomorrow, can come into contact with some infected person somewhere and then contract the virus that very same day.

A test means nothing, other than a marker of that person's status at that very minute, and means nothing about anything that can happen thereafter.  And I don't think your local restaurants are testing their staff daily.

What do you suggest be done

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You asked me so yes, I have.  A couple of times 17 hour flights. Got on feeling great, got off sick as a dog and not food poisioning.

And I am here, so guess I survived. ????

Perhaps next time try wearing a mask.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Percy P said:

What do you suggest be done

Wasn't suggesting anything...

Just pointing out that anyone telling you their staff got tested before returning to work (whenever) by itself is a pretty much meaningless reassurance... Better than nothing, I guess, but not by much.

If someplace is going to reopen, yes, a pre-test of employees makes sense. But after that, a careful/prudent employer would:

--temperature check daily

--have staff wear masks at all times

--enforce workplace social distancing

--regular hand hygiene

etc etc...

And expect the same of customers (temp check, social distancing, hand hygiene) when inside the restaurant. Kinda hard to wear a face mask when eating...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

11 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

If we don't hear from you for about two weeks, we'll assume that your test was positive and you got to stay in one of those nice hotels. 

Errm ? If an antibody test were to show positive it would mean I have , theoretically, some degree of acquired immunity. Therefore a  bit pointless to require quarantine. Do all those who have recovered and have been sent home from hospital continue to enjoy a stay in a nice hotel ?

My purpose in wanting the test is to establish whether or not an unusual illness I and many others  in my village suffered back in early January was C-19 or something else.

If so it would confirm my suspicion Thailand has  had less of an impact because it already has a degree of  "herd" immunity conveyed to a great percentage of the population before it was recognized as a novel virus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Why would they? Apart from returning Thais in quarantine, no one is being admitted to hospital with Covid, no one is dying from Covid, ergo no one has Covid. This was underlined by a mobile testing station in Pattaya which was terminated because they didn't find any positives. Despite the farang naysayers, who hate Thailand and don't believe the figures, the real facts suggest that until Thailand reopens it's borders, Covid is a thing of the past for Thailand.

I'm not sure if you guys have a different virus, or the deaths and hospitalisations are downplayed, but I know of somebody personally who nearly died from it. A young whipper-snapper too. There are at least 8 strains of it circulating the globe, and climate, hygiene, social distancing and many other things come into play, but it would be interesting to see full pneumonia related deaths of the first 5 months of 2020 in Thailand, compared to previous years. Also many who survive this and were symptomatic have scarred and damaged lung tissue afterwards 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anton9 said:

"Ergo no one has Covid" it's not the case since a very high percentage has either very mild or no sympthoms at all.

And it's another proof this massive overreaction over this Flu like virus is ridicolous.

How come so many people have died from it . UK,America, Germany, Italy..Ect

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mung said:

I'm not sure if you guys have a different virus, or the deaths and hospitalisations are downplayed, but I know of somebody personally who nearly died from it. A young whipper-snapper too. There are at least 8 strains of it circulating the globe, and climate, hygiene, social distancing and many other things come into play, but it would be interesting to see full pneumonia related deaths of the first 5 months of 2020 in Thailand, compared to previous years. Also many who survive this and were symptomatic have scarred and damaged lung tissue afterwards 

correct.

3 minutes ago, Percy P said:

I am sure @Anton9 that he has it all figured out and that it is just another conspiracy to keep the man down and the make the rich richer, but then he and a few others must know more since they continue to spot off about the Covid-19 virus not killing people or causing mass outbreaks.

On the Flip side my Daughter, the surgical ICU nurse practitioner, was just recruited by a hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and is heading there from Florida because, of the work she has done with her Covid patients in Florida.  She indicated that the State of Pennsylvania believes a second wave is starting due to a lack of social distancing and the poor behavior of the people.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Old and sick people die, it's been like this since then beginning of humanity.

Sheeple should just lock themselves up forever, let people who got a social life free.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

They are not testing prior to boarding and were probably asymptomatic.

Perhaps they all arrived on Thai citizen repatriation flights, therefore no medical tests prior to departure but tests on arrival?

P'raps the Government should look into transferring all the transgressors in government posts to airport duty greeting the repatriating Thais. More effective message than sending them to inactive posts.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Old and sick people die, it's been like this since then beginning of humanity.

And my daughter had a few 20 and 30 something healthy patients suffer greatly and die, as well as a few young children...This virus is not only for the Sick, Elderly or infirm as you wish to believe.  They Had a run of 15 Covid-19 patients into the ICU on Sunday night......

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And my daughter had a few 20 and 30 something healthy patients suffer greatly and die, as well as a few young children...This virus is not only for the Sick, Eldery or infirm as you wish to believe...

Instead of fearmongering, just go check the death rate for people who are not 200 years old with 10 comorbidities

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

According to CNN today, in the US CDC has announced that antibody tests have been found to be only 50% reliable! Oops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Think about it if they open borders to tourist then. If we get a few Covid-19 cases with each plane load of returning Thais, think about how many imported cases that their will be once they do open borders up. People will slip between the cracks for certain and away we will be back at the start of lockdown again.

No problem. They get a visa for 2 weeks and after arrival they have to stay 2 weeks in quarantine before they can fly back.