BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand reports nine new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

2 hours ago, Anton9 said:

"Ergo no one has Covid" it's not the case since a very high percentage has either very mild or no sympthoms at all.

And it's another proof this massive overreaction over this Flu like virus is ridicolous.

I’m sure the families of those who have died will disagree

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Instead of fearmongering, just go check the death rate for people who are not 200 years old with 10 comorbidities

Whatever your smoking I think I need some so that I can be as blasé and unrealistic as you about the real numbers and the deaths of friends and former family I have suffered because of this virus.  But I will be sure not to bore you with the truth, as that will just make you go back down the rabbit hole... 

2 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I’m sure the families of those who have died will disagree

What about the families of those died because of the flu?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Whatever your smoking I think I need some so that I can be as blasé and unrealistic as you about the real numbers and the deaths of friends and former family I have suffered because of this virus.  But I will be sure not to bore you with the truth, as that will just make you go back down the rabbit hole... 

0 facts given, bet you are a salty old men.

There are many reason why people are suffering in this world, including consequences of this crazy overreaction.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

"Ergo no one has Covid" it's not the case since a very high percentage has either very mild or no sympthoms at all.

And it's another proof this massive overreaction over this Flu like virus is ridicolous.

I heard that quite a few people died worldwide. Guess it might have been more but for the over reaction.

The countries returning the Thais really could not care.

Once here not possible to turn Thais away from their homeland anyway, but compulsory quarantine,

which is where they found during the quarantine time that they had contracted the virus.

Why all the agro on here ?

Sounds like some are wanting to bite the hand that has done pretty well trying to protect us.

Some of these people who are rebelling at being told what to do should pack up & go back to their 

"free country" where the authorities & 40% of their inhabitants are really doing such a fine job of containment

Not going to say you are right, but equally I won't say you are wrong. Thailand has had some quite high figures but these were mostly from around the Bangkok area. I think the same applies to its direct neighbours, the major city's being the most effected. Like so many here on TV believe, the numbers don't add up, but we have no real way of confirmation. Russia, the US, UK and EU appear to have been hit very badly, but again, can we confirm the numbers? Same with the south American countries. We cannot confirm, and speculation only causes confusion.

2 minutes ago, natway09 said:

The countries returning the Thais really could not care.

Once here not possible to turn Thais away from their homeland anyway, but compulsory quarantine,

which is where they found during the quarantine time that they had contracted the virus.

Why all the agro on here ?

Sounds like some are wanting to bite the hand that has done pretty well trying to protect us.

Some of these people who are rebelling at being told what to do should pack up & go back to their 

"free country" where the authorities & 40% of their inhabitants are really doing such a fine job of containment

It is no aggravation on my part.  I agree fully that Thais can and should come home no matter what during a crisis such as this and then be quarantined.  The issue, as I initially said in my first Post, was why were they let to fly if they were showing effects.  If the officials new that there were returnees who were possibly ill, then why the stories about testing positive or rushing them to the hospital instead of saying that they have repatriated ill citizens so they could be given the best treatment possible, while segregating them on the flight from other passengers...It would make it so much more understandable than the sensationalism you have and then read into such a story of 9 returnees being found with high fever.  Wouldn't you agree.

2 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

The fact that you have such a negative overreaction to a fairly factual sounding news report, shows the level of mental breakdown you are suffering. I meet people like you sometimes here. Fact is most of us living here for a while dont have this kind of mental breakdown. Most of us realize that living here, we are not on some kind of perpetual holiday. We realize that, like living in any country there will be good and bad....and yes even some racism toward us at times. I have NEVER really experienced much in the way of negativity toward me by Thais. At times the odd motorcycle taxi driver has had a comment etc.....but so what? Is your backbone weak? Do you miss your pork sausages from Sainsbury's  too much? Did you finally realize that the woman 20 years younger than you isnt with you because of your good looks and charm?

Ask him ref, ask him🤣

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Why would they? Apart from returning Thais in quarantine, no one is being admitted to hospital with Covid, no one is dying from Covid, ergo no one has Covid. This was underlined by a mobile testing station in Pattaya which was terminated because they didn't find any positives. Despite the farang naysayers, who hate Thailand and don't believe the figures, the real facts suggest that until Thailand reopens it's borders, Covid is a thing of the past for Thailand.

Then why are we still under curfew with travel restrictions and so many things closed. Do you think the government is just enjoying its people out of work and starving. Or is this just a bunch of power mad generals mostly interested in eliminating political opponents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

If you roll over, I'll tickle your tummy.

If that's an open invitation, I'll pass if you don't mind.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Why would they? Apart from returning Thais in quarantine, no one is being admitted to hospital with Covid, no one is dying from Covid, ergo no one has Covid. This was underlined by a mobile testing station in Pattaya which was terminated because they didn't find any positives. Despite the farang naysayers, who hate Thailand and don't believe the figures, the real facts suggest that until Thailand reopens it's borders, Covid is a thing of the past for Thailand.

Then why are schools closed, beaches closed, no alchohol allowed to be served at restaurants, islands closed, a state of emergency extended, interprovincal travel restricted, and why do a litany of other regulations remain in place which deny Thais to earn a  living?

It seems from the government figures that the ban on foreign arrivals is all that's needed. 

Let Thais get back to work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Then why are we still under curfew with travel restrictions and so many things closed. Do you think the government is just enjoying its people out of work and starving. Or is this just a bunch of power mad generals mostly interested in eliminating political opponents.

Apparently you nailed it.

• Haha 2