BANGKOK
Macclad

80,000 baht per month into Thai bank AC but cannot get extension

I currently get approx 80,000 baht per month paid into a Thai bank account but I am unable to get an extension. 

Approx 60,000 baht is from a company pension with code FTT against it which is acceptable to Immigration but the other 20,000 is my UK state pension with code BTN which is not acceptable. 

I believe the UK state pension is paid via Citibank and not direct into my Thai bank account. 

I have been married to a Thai national for 16 years but Immigration won't accept 40,000 monthly. They say it's either got to be a lump sum of 40k baht or 80k baht for retirement which I haven't got available. 

Is there any way I can get around this   ?

I also look after our 5 year old granddaughter since she was 3 months old and her teenage parents split for good. I am down as her "legal guardian " so I wonder if that could have any effect with Immigration. 

I am currently on a Non Immigrant Multi O from Savannakhet based on marriage which expires at the beginning of August. 

Any ideas, thoughts, advice appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

• Sad 1

Contact your bank and see if you can get *credit advice* for the BTN transfers, this may show overseas origin.

What Imm Office is this?

• Like 2

Two off topic posts and a reply to one have been removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes sorry I  meant 400k and 800k not as stated. 

The office is at Udon Thani.I called in last week to ask about requirements for an extension. 

The guy I spoke to was pleasant enough but dismissive of my monthly income claims. 

He intimated I could only go down the lump sum route. 

I,ve had up to 60k paid monthly into my Thai bank account since January 2019 and 80k since January 2020.

I,ll check with my bank about the source of my Government pension originating in the UK. 

I should certainly qualify for an extension based on marriage with FTT transactions since January 2019.

I think sometimes it depends which IO you speak to on a certain day for the answer you get. 

This reminds me of when I was on holiday on Jomtien in 2005 and went to the Immigration office there to ask for the requirements for a marriage extension. 

He asked "will you be working? " I said "no".He then said you have retired. You must get a retirement extension not the marriage one. 

Of course soon afterwards I found out he said that because an extension based on retirement is less work for Immigration. 

Maybe this is a similar scenario? 

Many thanks for the helpful replies. They have put my mind at rest. 

No good me living in Laos if the wife and granddaughter are in Thailand 

• Like 1

You need to get a letter from your Thai bank showing both coming from out of the country, plus a copy of it coming out out of your own Countries bank. Timing should tie up and no problem!!😷😷😷😷

• Confused 1

I had 4 one year marriage extensions , but this year changed to a one year multiple entry from Vietnam, which expires October.

Was wondering if i could go back to the one year extension if i can show 2 months transfers of 40,000 baht, or would they want 12 months.

3 hours ago, johnmell said:

Was wondering if i could go back to the one year extension if i can show 2 months transfers of 40,000 baht, or would they want 12 months.

It should be accepted if you can show transfer at least 40k baht into the country from abroad for at least 2 months since it would be your first extension after entering with a non-o visa.

• Like 1

just put 400k in the bank and be done with it

its not rocket science.

if you have not got that much.......get it

• Like 2
  • Sad 4