Non O visa extension required or not

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I arrived in Jan on a non o for 90 days ( married to Thai) and because of my return flight cancellation I extended my visa by 60 days. The visa expires early June, I have looked at immigration websites and see I do not need to extend the visa if i leave the country before the 31 July.... is this correct.

Edited by Karlo
typo

Yes! You should be ok until the 31 of july. My friend just double checked that with Immigration by personal visit today.

He was due today and they just smile and sent him on his merry way. ???? 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Any more news on visa extensions of those stuck outside that need renewing ? 

They are lost is the only thing I know about. It will mean starting all over again.

3 minutes ago, Karlo said:

thanks for the replies.... you just never know here in Thailand as the lack of co ordination is rife it seems at times. 

I can assure you all immigration offices are aware of the amnesty until July 31st.

Offices have already told people about it and have signs posted about it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Any more news on visa extensions of those stuck outside that need renewing ? 

You can´t renew an extension outside the country. Extension inside and, mostly, visa outside. Meaning everything will be lost.

Went to Chiang Mai Immigrations yesterday for my non-O extension there was very few people there and I had no problem getting my extension. I go back for the stamp on July 10th for the stamp. It only took about 30 minutes. Excellent experience with immigrations in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hlj said:

Went to Chiang Mai Immigrations yesterday for my non-O extension there was very few people there and I had no problem getting my extension. I go back for the stamp on July 10th for the stamp. It only took about 30 minutes. Excellent experience with immigrations in Chiang Mai.

Naturally if you are going to give them the money they will take it.

As mentioned in another thread, I personally prefer to keep up with my visa extension chain.

I submitted mine based on marriage on May 22nd.

Reasons being it is very quiet at the office in Samui right now and I don't want to be part of any major rush when things get going again.

I have a 1 year NON-O multiple entry based on marriage from Savannakhet which expires in late September. As I understand it I can stay until 31st of July even if my current 3 months permit to stay expires 31st of May. Would I be able to get a 2 month extension on top of that (from 31st of July, reason; visiting family) or is that not know now?

5 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Would I be able to get a 2 month extension on top of that (from 31st of July, reason; visiting family) or is that not know now?

Yes you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife on or before July 31st.

• Like 1

I just renewed my Non-Imm OA Extension of Stay at the Phuket IO and I did not need to have Health Insurance. I was told this a week or so ago by one of the officers while doing a "stamp transfer" to a new passport. I am not sure why they are not requiring it anymore but I believe I heard them say it was because my Non Imm OA Visa was issued/activated prior to Oct, 2019. In addition to this pleasant surprise, the office was very quiet due to the Covid amnesty and the entire process took less than 20 minutes. I can only hope that this insurance requirement stays in place and extends out to all IO.