IBS

Confuscious

About 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with IBS.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
I am not overweight and my body don't looks like I would be a fat person.
But my bowel is very fat and gives the impression that I would be a heavy beer drinker.
I tried several medications and exersize, but nothing really helps to reduce the size of my belly.
Are there members who have been diagnosed with the same syndrome and how do they handle this situation?
TIA

I do not think what you describe -- a visibly fat midsection - is due to your IBS. Nor is your bowel "fat", bowels cannot get fat. From time to time the abdomen can become distended from excess intestinal gas but if that were your issue it would come and go, not be constant.

What you likely have is an excess of subcutaneous fat around your middle. The distribution of fat cells is genetic and some people just have more in certain locations.

If your overall weight is OK then all you can do is to have some of the fat cells removed. This can be done either by liposuction or by a newer less invasive treatment called Cool Sculpt.

I had bad guts and helicobacter pylori infection last year. S..tt..g through the eye of a needle for weeks. Did not settle down. In hospital got back same same. Googled and found an interesting potential helpful cure.. Ginger tea.!!

Fresh made with grated ginger, tumeric, grated black pepper (that makes the tumeric work) and honey.

Make it like a tea, but strain the ginger and black pepper. Add soy milk. Drink before bed time. I was getting better after the first lot in 24 hours.

Also made up termeric and black pepper capsules. Take 2 a day. My digestive system has never been better.

Also google Curcuma xanthorrhiza. It is a top version of tumeric!!. Hope it helps!!????????????????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I do not think what you describe -- a visibly fat midsection - is due to your IBS. Nor is your bowel "fat", bowels cannot get fat. From time to time the abdomen can become distended from excess intestinal gas but if that were your issue it would come and go, not be constant.

What you likely have is an excess of subcutaneous fat around your middle. The distribution of fat cells is genetic and some people just have more in certain locations.

If your overall weight is OK then all you can do is to have some of the fat cells removed. This can be done either by liposuction or by a newer less invasive treatment called Cool Sculpt.

Sorry, I got the name of the disease wrong.
It should be "IBD".

From Google:
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is an umbrella term used to describe disorders that involve chronic inflammation of your digestive tract. Types of IBD include: Ulcerative colitis. This condition causes long-lasting inflammation and sores (ulcers) in the innermost lining of your large intestine (colon) and rectum.Mar 3, 2020

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I did a copy of the original document from the hospital.
It is in Dutch, but most of the language used in the copy is medical Latin.

ibd.jpg

2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

I had bad guts and helicobacter pylori infection last year. S..tt..g through the eye of a needle for weeks. Did not settle down. In hospital got back same same. Googled and found an interesting potential helpful cure.. Ginger tea.!!

Fresh made with grated ginger, tumeric, grated black pepper (that makes the tumeric work) and honey.

Make it like a tea, but strain the ginger and black pepper. Add soy milk. Drink before bed time. I was getting better after the first lot in 24 hours.

Also made up termeric and black pepper capsules. Take 2 a day. My digestive system has never been better.

Also google Curcuma xanthorrhiza. It is a top version of tumeric!!. Hope it helps!!????????????????

Did you made the capsules yourself?
I will go tomorrow look for the ingredients and make the tea.
Can you tell me how much of each ingredient you added to the tea?
TIA

I gave up gluten and dairy as instructed by my doctor. Got a 90%+ improvement.

Not as difficult as I thought it would be- coconut milk is fine in coffee etc. (soy is not GF), and Beer Lao ( made from rice) is a good substitute for other beers, as is dry cider, for me at least.  Lots of non wheat flours here if you bake your own, or GF bread is reasonably easy to buy. Ice cream is more challenging but Walls now make a tasty Mango Ice Cream from coconut milk. 

Sure its a bit of hassle after a lifetime of eating whatever you like, but its worth it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beau thai said:

I gave up gluten and dairy as instructed by my doctor. Got a 90%+ improvement.

Not as difficult as I thought it would be- coconut milk is fine in coffee etc. (soy is not GF), and Beer Lao ( made from rice) is a good substitute for other beers, as is dry cider, for me at least.  Lots of non wheat flours here if you bake your own, or GF bread is reasonably easy to buy. Ice cream is more challenging but Walls now make a tasty Mango Ice Cream from coconut milk. 

Sure its a bit of hassle after a lifetime of eating whatever you like, but its worth it.

If I should follow the diet which was prescribed, at my age, I might as well get me a coffin and burn it.
I need to take care of my IBD and my Crohn disease, but life must be also worth to live.

image.jpeg.b83fc226044dca856395dae5c8daf882.jpeg

turmeric capsules @ 7/11

Ginger Tea on its own would have a calming effect

If your constantly fat its not bloating

if it was bloating youd know & you would most certainly have said so

ascites the pic above many reasons 
one of which could be Hep C 
blood test will confirm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

I had bad guts and helicobacter pylori infection last year

http://www.gmj.ir/index.php/gmj/article/view/97/html_31

the usual antibiotic route for HPylori not nice

& Thailand has a few resistant strains
getting a lot of reflux?
hP should not effect bowel movement
whatever route you go you should get rid of it
https://bellalindemann.com/blog/h-pylori-natural-treatment

long term its not good
tea alone wont solve that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I did a copy of the original document from the hospital.
It is in Dutch, but most of the language used in the copy is medical Latin.

ibd.jpg

They suspect "vermoeden"  IBD. It's not proven. I take it that the things they mainly talk about (abscess etc) were the reason for the hospital visit and have resolved?

IBD wil more probably make you skinny, not fat.

Otherwise, see Sheryl's post.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Did you made the capsules yourself?
I will go tomorrow look for the ingredients and make the tea.
Can you tell me how much of each ingredient you added to the tea?
TIA

My missus made 'em up. Bought the capsules from a market shop but you can buy them from Shopee. Ratio I think is 1 grated or fresh black pepper to 4 tumeric but like any recipe there are alternatives. Tumeric is not absorbed apparently without it!!

Tea is about 1/3 tsp termeric, 8 twists ground black pepper, 1 tsp grated ginger (or blitzed) which I keep in the fridge in sealed pot with a little water. Honey to taste in the bottom. 

I put all in a fine strainer before adding boiled water. Squeeze after with spoon and remove. Unsweetned soy milk after brewing like a tot for tea. ????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As above. Nothing in this report explains a fat abdomen.

Morbus-Crohn disease was confirmed in a following coloscopy.
Abces at the Caecum bottom was also confirmed in a following coloscopy.
Abces not removed yet on doctors decision.
This was about 2 years ago.

18 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Morbus-Crohn disease was confirmed in a following coloscopy.
Abces at the Caecum bottom was also confirmed in a following coloscopy.
Abces not removed yet on doctors decision.
This was about 2 years ago.

Again, this in no way explains a fat abdomen.

13 hours ago, Confuscious said:

If I should follow the diet which was prescribed, at my age, I might as well get me a coffin and burn it.
I need to take care of my IBD and my Crohn disease, but life must be also worth to live.

I know what you mean and at the outset I felt the same. But 12 months in, more time living, less time in the bathroom-or feeling I need to be in the bathroom.  Making what are really small dietary adjustments improved the quality of my life enormously. The other trigger for many people is artificial sweeteners-in soft drinks, food or even bought as a sugar alternative. Stevia with inulin works for me. Stevia with the usual chemical additives doesnt!

Not a one size fits all but dietary adjustment certainly  works for me.

• Haha 1